Recent Updates

Single Player Scenarios » Super Mario Bros. Chp.1-The beginning

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Super Mario Bros. Chp.1-The beginning

Author File Description
DeadJedi20
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
The Beginning of the super mario bros. Series. A short Scenario with great music telling you the beginning of the problem of missing Princess Peach.

Where to Extract:
----------------

Extract the immobile units Advanced to Ai folder, including .per folder.

Put the .scx file in the Scenario section of aok. (NOT sound)

put the .Mp3 file in the music section of aok.
(Put it into the sound/scenario section of Aok.

Thanks very much to Avioded Destiny For Providing Great Mp3's From Many mario games!

The series continue with Super mario bros. chp.1 part 2-the beginning
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Berserker Jerker
Official Reviewer
You have to play the scenario through test mode from the editor. Playing from Single Player gives a message that the scenario is invalid. The reason, the name of the .scx file is too long.
DeadJedi20
File Author
i was trying out from the Scenario editor the whole time... Your right it does say that message thing.

I would like a comment on how well i did.

How do i request a review if nobody will ever give me one??

part Two is know coming our way!

[Edited on 11/15/05 @ 07:22 AM]

ModRocker Wait more then 5 minutes and someone will post a review...
DeadJedi20
File Author
Wheres the review?

[Edited on 11/15/05 @ 07:24 AM]

rofl
(id: SonicShadow)
Omg. Be patient, dammit! It's been two days!
DeadJedi20
File Author
Its Been 1 Day*

[Edited on 11/15/05 @ 07:24 AM]

MoX_MiThRaNdIr either way you shouldn't post so much, it makes you look desparate and lonely.
mindyber kinda interesting but i took a yr finding the place.
Tanneur99
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance5.0
Creativity1.0
Map Design2.0
Story/Instructions1.0
Super Mario Bros. Chp.1-The beginning is a RPG, you play Bowser in search of Princess Peach in the Mushroom Kingdom while Mario and Luigi are sleeping.

PLAYABILITY: You have one unit, walk straight into a town and win 'entering' a building where Princess Peach is supposed to be. The scenario would hardly work as prologue in a campaign, certainly not as a stand up alone game. 1

BALANCE: This category relates to the skill of the player and is somehow subjective, as the reviewer rates, if the scenario was too hard/easy to complete for him or if the scenario is well balanced. The scenarios goal is to show an introduction for scenarios to come and it is in the intention of the author that there will be no fighting. From the review tutorial: “One important item to note about scoring the balance category for scenarios where no fighting takes place, such as cut-scene scenarios, some puzzle scenarios and some rpg style scenarios, is that just because the player cannot die in such scenarios, that doesn't mean the scenario isn't balanced. You also need to take the author's original intent into account, giving the author some benefit of the doubt. If the author never intended the player to face a struggle to survive, then there's no reason to knock down the balance score if there isn't any fighting. So keep in mind that you do need to take the intent and goals of the scenario into account when scoring the balance category, especially for those scenarios where fighting is not included.” 5

CREATIVITY: It is difficult to spot anything creative, no playability, poor map design, no story or instructions but there was a well-timed sound file, which suited the scenario and ended with the victory signal after approximately three minutes playing time. ;) 1+

MAP DESIGN: The map showed some effort in the starting area, nothing outstanding and flawed like trees on new road terrain. The town consisted of randomly placed buildings, overall too square, no elevations, missing terrain mix, somewhere between a pathetic map and a random one, more to the pathetic side though. 2-

STORY/INSTRUCTIONS: A blank introduction screen, no story, no objective but an in game chat read, "Princess Peach must be here somewhere", so you had a clue what to do. 1+

SUGGESTIONS: Make an entertaining cut-scene or use this scenario as an introduction to a playable one about the Mario Brothers, play some average rated scenarios and/or the campaigns that come with the AoE II CD.

IN CLOSING: The above is not a recommendation to download.

[Edited on 12/14/05 @ 09:34 AM]

DeadJedi20
File Author
Wow...and the review came at the time when i have swbg! hahahahahah

Edit* I know all the triggers...so...just don't sue me.

[Edited on 01/02/06 @ 02:35 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0