New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files
Recent Updates

Single Player Scenarios » A Spanish Italy (English version)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

A Spanish Italy (English version)

Author File Description
zampi69
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Mix
A Spanish Italy
A scenario by Zampi

The post ishere

I recommend that you play this scenario after playing "The Foundations of the Empire", since this is the continuation of it. Just like what happened in "The Foundations", this is based on real history (or almost), so you should act thinking how the history actually took place.

You should control Fernando the Catholic. Starting off with only this important unit you will found cities and descover mutiple territories little by little until all of Italy is under the Spanish dominion.
Very soon 4 Swiss Guards will accompany you, which will be the inseparable bodyguards of the Catholic King.
King Fernando should not die nor be converted. The Swiss Guards of Fernando which came to fight in the reconquest of Grenada shouldn't die
either. It if is at the beginning, you will not be able to finish the game and if it is at the last, it could be that you´ll not be able to finish it since they will be very necessary to you.

You will also have to control Gonzalo of Cordoba (The Great Captain), one of the most famous heros of his time. A soldier that left his tracks in all of the Mediterranean, keeping the Turks from penetrating to the North side of the Mediterranean.

You will get a taste of an epoc in which great risks were taken:

Spain offers a diplomatic alliance with England in 1489, "The Treaty of Medina of the Field."
The French will be from here on the main enemy of Spain in the West, where the main disagreement will take place in Italy.
Old-time combatants of the peninsula wars of reconquest were transported to the control of King Fernando in Sicily, among them, the Swiss Guards , true mercanaries of that epoc.
The French king, Luis XII, invades and takes control of the dukedom of Milan in 1499.
Spain helps the Venetians in the fight for the Cefalonian peninsula. In this battle we were already counting among us Gonzalo of Cordoba,The Great Captain, the notable hero of Spain of the epoc in about 1500. The biggest part of the Turkish troops died quickly, but the Christian forces surrounded those that remained in the fort of San Jorge, which had very little defense.
The French invade Naples under the command of D'Aubigny; The Great Captain takes part from the South.
A combat of 11 French Calvary and 11 Spanish Calvary infront of the walls of Trani between 1502-1503 really existed. Millions of people contemplated this match. At the front of the French was Chevalier Bayard and at the front of the Spanish was Diego Garcia of Paredes. At the end of the combat the adversaries hugged and there was a moment of peace between the 2 nations.
In 1503 The Great Captain destroys and conquers Naples. The French retreated back to the boarder of Gaeta and sent from Milan to the military "La tremoille".
In this same year, King Fernando returns to Barcelona to recrute soldiers, a majority of them Catalonians and others from Castille, to fight the fort of Salses under the French power.
In 1507 an enconounter takes place in Savona, near Genova, to sign a peace treaty with the French. Luis XII, King Fernando and the Great Captain were all present.
Diverse battles took place in the Mediterranean in that epoc:
In 1510 the city of Bugia is captured by Pedro Navarro, then also Tripoli.
The battle of Ravena really happened in 1512 and was one of the worst defeats of the Spanish army.

Possibilities of the game:

Among other things, in "A Spanish Italy" you will have the following possibilites:

- More than 30 general objectives that you will have to complete if you wish to beat the game.

- Many optional objectives such as tests that will give you a chance to become stronger.

- You can do business with the Venetians and you will recieve help from them in crucial moments.

- Some 12 historic notes that will inform you of how the real battle or how the real discovery was in history.

- Active triggers of hints that will inform you in the moment and make it easy for you to complete the objectives that you have in that moment ( this only will happen if you play in easy or standard).

- Visual effects of first class, like rain in the sea, temporary explosions, archers training in the ranges, multiply battles and much more.

- Spread throught-out the scenario is a multitude of places where you could get a chance to destroy castles, open doors, convert a villager into a Golem or simply that a gold mine is unexhaustable. How to activate them is your problem, that is, if you manage to finish the scenario you will see an explanation of where they are and how to active them.

- The Golem-
The Golem, according to the ancient Jewish traditions, was a doll that recieved life and possessed an amazing strength.
You villager has changed into one and is one of the dangers.
Like you will see, it does not control its strength and although you do not know the effect, I recommend that you take advantage of its strength when it is transformed into Golem.That is, if you hear the music again and it transforms into a villager, you will need it to be recuperated, since in each tranformation it can die if it's not at 100 % of life. If some priest converts it you can go and free the Golem, but be careful because sometimes it doesn't know and will keep being your enemy.

- The strength of your heros will increase if you are destroying your enemies.

At last, I assure you are going to have fun..."
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Stoeltjuh Sounds good, I'll download right now.

It could be better though to put this information in the Read-Me rather than on the site. There are people (not me ofcourse) that get bored of reading al this text or can't or barely read English.
zampi69
File Author
What I would like is that once and for all they decided to give me some punctuation.

Please review.
RacingCoin How do you survive the meeting with Mr. Feudal in the the little city? You don't stand a chance, as far as i can tell, WAY to many archers and other soldiers you cannot kill, because they are behind palisade walls.

[Edited on 12/10/05 @ 04:20 PM]

zampi69
File Author
My scenarios are usually quite difficult, but not impossible.

When the Mr. Feudal wants to retain you in their city you should quickly of changing your posture toward the Serbians to enemy, and to look for an area of the barrier that is but weak. So alone you have a small possibility (like in the real life), you will be quick, brave and resolved if you want to escape.
RacingCoin Nothing happens when i meet the Great Capatain, from where you should proceed to the venetians.I select the Tower next to him, but the message: "Select the next Tower next to the Great Captain to continue". What's up with that? Otherwise a fantastic campaign ;-)
zampi69
File Author
Do you need to disembark so that something happens, you have looked at the objectives?

Please review.
RacingCoin Well, it seems that i should sail with the Great General to Venetia, as i recall, nothing happens when i board my own transport. If it was that that was supposed to be happening.
zampi69
File Author
Forgive me but my English is not very good.

I would need that describes me but detailedly where you say that it doesn't pass anything.
RacingCoin Well, it's at the point where The Great Captain says we should move on, and get the message saying: "Click the tower next to the Great Captain to continue" when i do that nothing happens.
zampi69
File Author
So that the game works it should pass the following thing:

That Fernando has disembarked in Sicily and this next to the Great Captain
That you have left of venecia with the villagers that told you that they will help you
That these two villagers are near the port where this the Great Captain

If some of these three things fails you, the game doesn't rot to continue; but I assure you that this was proven and unless you have it damaged the game worked you.
Then alone you should select the tower but next to the Great Captain.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance4.0