New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files
Recent Updates

Cinematic Scenarios » The Sacred Order(Intro)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Sacred Order(Intro)

Author File Description
SOK_He11s_Angels
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
The year 21 A.D. (after the death of King Arthur) the war is over. The shadows have been sent back to the dark, along with their Shadow King. Peace has finally come to Avalon once again. But at what cost? The Sacred Order has been smashed and shattered with only a few survivors from the war. The great King Arthur has fallen in battle to rid the land of the shadows. A new King has taken the thrown not of the Order and what was once been known, is no more. The ways of the old has been lost and the thirst for power and riches are the motivators of the new way. All the while the few survivors of the Order seem to just disappear one by one over the years. And just when things seem like they just cant get any worst for the people of the realm...... The Shadow King returns.

This is a cut scene for the intro, so hit play and enjoy. Pleas play on normal speed with music volume up and the sound volume turned low. Please feel free to leave your thoughts as this being my first campain and my first Submision to the black smith.

note: pausing will throw the music off, So please restart if u change your setting when you start the game.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
SOK_He11s_Angels
File Author
Sorry I had that back wards, Sound volume turned up and the music turned down
Mash
(id: Mashek)
Staff
Official Reviewer
That was brilliant Hells Angels! It was all very emotional and well set out. I loved how it was similar to a movie trailer. The music really did suit it. Well done! Perhaps one day I will do a review for you.

EDIT -And that day is now...

[Edited on 01/23/06 @ 05:37 AM]

Mash
Staff
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Pacing5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
King Arthur has passed into the ages in the once noble land of Britain, and the times that once was, of bravery, chivalry and duty is now a thing of the past. An ancient evil, one that was defeated long ago with the cost of a great many lives, has returned yet again to plague Britain with its sorcerous evils. The Sacred Order, of King Arthur's band of Knights has been all but forgotten and one by one they disappear off the face of the earth...

Playability: (4.0)

This is one of the most emotional, well-made and greatest teasers I have ever viewed! It is alot like a movie trailer, really bringing you further and further into what is to come. This teaser brings together a fictitous dark period of the time after King Arthur's death during the War of Shadow. It details a time of people who have forgotten the ways King Arthur had brought to them, and now they are no better than the worms of the earth. Arthur's glorius band of the Sacred Order are forgotten and now seem no better to the people as the guy next door. One by one they fall by a growing shadow, the same shadow that was vanished by Arthur those many years before. Unfortunately the teaser was ruined by the lack of playtesting, which would have been useful for fixing up the many spelling mistakes, and many other game inconsistencies.

Balance: (5.0)

When rating this category, reviewers must take into account the author’s intentions and goals of the design. It is in the intention of the author that this scenario evolves plot and story, and to show a cut-scene whereby the player receives no units to control and no struggle to survive. As such there is no deduction from the overall score because there is no fighting for the player.

Creativity: (5.0)

The creativity was great. The way the text appeared added to the brilliance of the Teaser, and the way the music played with it all, perfectly bringing out the emotion intended and helped to tell the story itself. We see jousters impaling each other, and men slaughtering one another in arenas, the barbarity King Arthur had rid of, but since his passing all that is white has turned to grey.

Map Design: (4.0)

Small parts of the map had really good map design, but mostly was spoilt by the rest of the map, which didn't live up to it. It was still decent though, but not great. It was the story that was the "real" feature of the teaser.

Story/ Instructions: (4.0)

The story was brilliant. It wasn't the best written, but the idea behind it was impressive. I have always been hooked on stories where the old ways are forgotten and the world is back to the ignorance it had once started at. The story was all very poetic, and flowing, always opening up enough questions, which really makes you want to know what happens next. The bitmap was very good, but I really didn't think it was that relevant to the Teaser's story itself. There were also quite a few spelling mistakes, which could have quite easily been fixed up. Anyway, my main deduction here is because the story is unfinished in the regards that it merely introduces a story still yet to unwind in full. For this, the story cannot be perfect; I’m still waiting for the conclusion!

In a word – Inspiring.

In Short – A recommended download.

[Edited on 07/02/08 @ 10:22 PM]

oliver This teaser has great potential. However, there are a lot of bugs in the text like the infamous enter square and some speling misstakes which give an almost bizarre feeling to the teaser (such as "come my deer" instead of "come my dear"). Also, the pace of the cutscene is very quick; I didn't have enough time to read all the messages although I played on normal speed, many things just flashed by my eyes. Personally, I don't think the storyline is the best part of this cutscene, rather the atmosphere and - especially - the music. Kudos to he who made it. ;-)

Keep up the good work. It is fun to see people are still making great campaigns for a six years old game.
Mash
Staff
Official Reviewer
I am very Sorry hells Angels, but I was really immature with this review and had to lower it by a slight margin, just because of the many mistakes present. But it is still a great rating and you should feel proud of your work!
sok_xPlaGu3x I was the one who made the music for the RPG if you guys were wondering :).
SOK_He11s_Angels
File Author
Thanks for the great review. I plan on fixing up all the bugs when I release the rest of the campain, since now I know how to take out the red > in the red text. Also I will clean up the spelling and fix some of the timing a bitso your less lickly to miss something. Maybe fix up some of the map design so it looks a bit more apealing. Once again thanks for your comments and the great review im glad you all enjoyed it.

[Edited on 02/06/06 @ 08:40 AM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Pacing5.0