The Second Kretharn War - The Feud between two Kingdoms

Author File Description
Mash
(id: Mashek)
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c

THE SECOND KRETHARN WAR - Part I

~The Feud between two Kingdoms~

'It had been this way for as long as Akxarix could remember ..The Feud between a Dragon, and a Bear.'

This is a short cut-scene set four days after the Siege of Prethonia (See The Second Krethárn War: A Day of Hatred and Lost Memories). It is here that Akxarix, a powerful General of Krethár, the son of a dead leader fusses over a thirty-year-old war in which he plans on finishing in the weeks to come.

Make sure you read the story and hints. Enjoy!

Latest Update 1.6: Dialogue has been fixed.

The story starts in The Second Kretharn War I - A Day of Hatred and Lost Memories, continues here and then in The Second Kretharn War - The Night of Long Tears

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
newIdea I definitely recommend downloading this cutscene. Mashek has done a great job of creating a dark fantasy atmosphere. It flows really well, and utilizes some pretty unique tricks. You're definitely missing out, if skip over this one. Great job Mashek.

- nI
Mash
Staff
Official Reviewer
File Author
I have just updated this game to fix up on some grammatical mistakes, the bitmap and various other things. Thank you newIdea for the comment!

[Edited on 07/31/09 @ 10:59 AM]

hakkis_jr Waited this for too long
-hakkis_jr

[Edited on 04/17/19 @ 09:56 AM]

Mash
Staff
Official Reviewer
File Author
Sorry Hakkis, this is only a cutscene. You still have a very long wait until the second Siege :).
oliver
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Pacing5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
Introducing your campaign with a teaser seems like an in-thing right now. I know, I made one myself a few months ago. The primary goal with a teaser is of course to raise expectations, and I must say this cutscene by Mashek clearly did so to me. The designer has taken his time to create a nice introducing .bmp and to include custom music and sounds, which all added to my positive experience of this game. The cutscene itself has a dark, epic feeling over it and the snowy landscape reminds me of Ulio. All in all it is a joy to watch this cutscene.

Balance: 5
The scenario is a 100% cut-scene and it is in the intention of the author that there is no fighting, according to the tutorial that is a 5.0.

Creativity: 5
After Mashek's latest update I have decided to change this rating, not only because I feel I was a little hard last time. The dialogue is more captivating now and the main character has become even more interesting. Another creative aspect of this scenario is the use of music and sounds. My favourite part is after the siege of Prethonia when a distant horn signals the arrival of a second army. Also, Mashek's brilliant use of the display instructions effect and the army charging down the hill while trebuchet boulders fly through the air are other creative things in this cutscene.

Map Design: 5
Mashek proves that he is a first class map designer. The terrain blending is terrific and the use of map copy, beta units (such as the TWAL wall) and different kinds of farm terrain is also excellent. This map is definitely on a par with any winter map in the Blacksmith. Also, thanks for getting rid of the paths. :-)

Story/Instructions: 5
Mashek has given the story a much appreciated dark atmosphere which fits well with the cold and gloomy map. The main character had a tendency of repeating himself in the earlier version but that has been changed now. I have taken the time to read the whole history section and watched the cutscene a few times, and I must say this is one of the most ambitious and well-written stories in the Blacksmith.

Additional Comments:
I recommend everyone to download this cutscene scenario. Mashek is definitely one of our best contemporary scenario designers and I'm looking forward to play more of his stuff.

This review was updated on 4-15-06.

[Edited on 04/15/06 @ 11:14 AM]

hakkis_jr If you remember, you did a map where King Tyron and his men are waiting on the cliff and akxarix came to there, so I only want to know, what happened after that... And when the "First Siege" was?

[Edited on 05/12/17 @ 03:12 PM]

Mash
Staff
Official Reviewer
File Author
-Hakkis-
Remember that Cutscene was called 'The Ride of Akxarix'? Well in the readme you get once downloaded this game it says "This cutscene replaces the Ride of Akxarix". So that cutscene no longer exists as far as I'm concerned. This cutscene is right after the siege battle. So it is the second in series.

If you havn't played the updated version of the siege, look up The Second Kretharn War: A Day of Hatred and Lost Memories.

By the way Oliver, thankyou very much for the review! Your time and effort has been much appreciated for!

[Edited on 02/16/06 @ 02:51 AM]

Theoderic Mashek: could u read my comments and questions on ur other map "a day of hatred and lost memerios" Thanks.
revealer To Mashek,

I was wondering if I could talk to you by email, I will not ask you to post your email openly (for your privacy), but here is mine,

rising_truth.org@hotmail.com,

Thankyou.

Mash
Staff
Official Reviewer
File Author
I have emailed you revealer my email. Please contact back.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Pacing5.0