Author File Description
Trisolo
(id: scenario_t_c)
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
<

How to use this Template:

1. Put the file "New Trigger Tricks Template.scx"

and "New Trigger Tricks Template 2 .scx" into C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Scenario.

2. Run Age of Empires II : The Conquerors and go to the Map Editor.

3. Load the scenario ""New Trigger Tricks Template"  or "New Trigger Tricks

Template 2 ".

4. Go to the "Trigger" tab.

5. You could find 8 triggers, named 1 ~ 8, under each trigger with one of the following names:

• Rewards For Every Razing

• Healing Range +/- 365 (Full Map / Disable Full Map)

• Healing Range +/- 1

• Farm Starting Food Amount +/- 5

• Fish Trap Starting Food Amount +/- 5

• Max Population +/- 5

• Population Headroom +/- 5

• Relic Production Rate +/- 5

• Healing Speed +/- 5

• Faith Recharging Rate +/- 5

New Trigger Tricks Template 2

• -Rewards for Every Kill (Accurate)

• -Rewards for Every Conversion Made

• -GAIA Ally

Those 8 triggers would achieve the mentioned effect for the player with corresponding number in the trigger name. Do not touch any effect in the triggers. It is also suggested that you set some condition(s) for these triggers, or the game might chase if you turn them on as soon as the game

begins.

6. Since most trigger starting state is set to off, you have to switch on them manually or with other triggers.

7. Start designing your scenarios on this template or copy the triggers from this template to your scenario with DigiT's AoK Trigger Studio.

For further questions, please ask in this thread.

http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,36385,0,10

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
newIdea This Utility is incredible! It's always hard to find new utilities, but this one has a lot. I strongly recommend this utility for any designer.
Trisolo
File Author
Thanks for the kind words, NI. :-)
newIdea Well, they were well deserved. =)
Nixck hows the reward for conversions and conversion resitance coming?
Trisolo
File Author
It's strange :{ .

I thought I updated it. I would make a second attempt later.
Trisolo
File Author
Ok, it is updated.
stfu_plz I don't understand this at all. I'm trying to make a scenario where every 25 kills it creates an object. Is that possible using this? And how do you transfer triggers to another scenario using DTS? I'll continue to try to figure it out, but help would be appreciated.
Trisolo
File Author
I made this template with hex-editing skills, so normally you have to "start designing your scenarios on this template or copy the triggers from this template to your scenario with DigiT's AoK Trigger Studio."

AoKTS allows you to copy triggers from one scenario to the next scenario you loaded (not created) with it. Firstly, you have to select the trigger you want to copy in AoKTS trigger list, then press Ctrl + C or click "Copy" in "Edit". Afterwards, you should load your scenario into the program and select one of the triggers in trigger list again (the most important step). By doing so, the trigger you copied before could be pasted into your scenario by pressing Ctrl + V or clicking "Paste" in "Edit".

Meanwhile, the newest version of AoKTS can change the amount of "kills" resource in tribute effects. In order to achieve "every 25 kills it creates an object", you could try changing both the "kills" number in tribute effects and the accumaulate attribute condition into 25 and add an effect to create the unit you want in "Rewards for Every Kill" trigger.

[Edited on 03/29/06 @ 11:45 PM]

newIdea
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0
Rating: 5

scenario_t_c is well known for his, what seems like, infinite knowledge of AoK. You can pretty much assume, that if there is still tricks to be found he has already found them, or he at least knows them. That being said, it's really not that surprising that sscenario_t_c would come up with something such as this. With this new utility scenario_t_c has, some how, managed to put thirteen unique utilities into one nice little package. It's straight forward, and easy to use.

UTILITY: 5

This utility is incredibly useful. Even if scenario_t_c made a utility with just one of the thirteen things listed, I would still give him a 5 in this category. Every trick in this utility is worth the download, and when you put them together, it's almost like a "Supreme Rulerness of Utilities". The possibilities that can be achieved with this utility are mind-boggling. As soon as I saw that an "infinite healing range" trick was included, I immediately thought of 5 or 6 useful uses. And that's just with one of thirteen tricks. 5

NOVELTY: 5

I would love to just say that this utility is brand spankin' new, but that would be an understatement. I have only seen about two or three of these tricks used before, but none of them deliver the accuracy that you get with scenario_t_c's utility. Take the "Rewards for Every Kill", we've all seen the Kill Ratio version of this trick, and we probably all know that it isn't the most accurate. Lose one guy, and it has already messed up. I know that the new version of AoKTS will allow you to do this trick, but you can't take credit away for being first. Actually a couple of these tricks will be available to do in the new version of AoKTS, but he has introduced these to people at a time when it isn't easily accessible. It's also in an easy to use form, just turn the trigger on and it's ready to go. For this reason some people will use it, just because it's easier than making it yourself. 5

QUALITY: 5

The quality of this trick is outstanding. Knowing that he had to go use AoKTS and hex-edit these tricks, you can tell that he put a lot of effort into these. Anybody could get a lot of use out of these tricks included in the utility. I know I will be using this "Hybrid" of utilities for a long time to come. 5

INSTRUCTIONS: 5

The instructions are nice and clear. They're simple, which isn't a bad thing. When you're dealing with a utility as big and packed as this one is, the last thing you need is confusing long instructions. The instructions are straight forward. Choose the trick you want to use, add the reward(if needed), turn it on, and you're ready to go. Even if you are in the middle of a project and don't want to start the scenario over to get the tricks in there, the instructions clearly say that you can use AoKTS to copy and paste them into your current scenario. The only thing I would've liked to see for the instructions, would be to have them posted up inside the scenario some where. In the messages would probably be the best spot for them, but a small issue like that isn't enough to earn this utility anything less then a 5 for Instructions. 5

FINAL THOUGHTS: 5

With four out of four perfect 5's, this utility has definitely earn a solid 5 rating. This is definitely the best utility to come along in a long time. To me, this utility is right up there with the greats. I still think that scenario_t_c could have spaced this thing out and made thirteen different utilities, but I guess he's too nice for that. :p I absolutely recommend this utility for any designer. In fact I recommend this to anyone who isn't a designer, maybe it's enough to make you want to design. I can honestly say that if you're a designer, and you don't have this utility, than you're behind. I wish scenario_t_c the best of luck with this utility and anything else he may be working on. Superb job!

- nI
Trisolo
File Author
Thanks for the review, NI. I believe you would definitely make a good reviewer in the future for your extremely detailed content. :p

Oh, and thanks for the suggestion. :)

[Edited on 03/31/06 @ 08:14 AM]

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown