Crusade ~The Beginning~

Author File Description
Sceletar
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Fixed Force
Number of scenarios: 2
HISTORY
The first Crusade in 1097 marked the beginning of a struggle between the Moslems and the Christians which lasted for centuries and changed forever the way in which the west saw the east. The first of the Crusades was called by Pope Urban II when he addressed a massive crowd at the assembly of Clermont in 1095 urging all Christians to go to the aid of the Christians in the holy land who were being denied pilgrimage to the holy city of Jerusalem, in exchange of this service he claimed that all participants in the holy war shall have their sins forgiven and would receive salvation in death. The effect of Urban's well addressed speech was such that it sent uproar all throughout Europe and people of all ranks, from Knight to peasant took up arms and set out towards Constantinople. The earliest Crusade was known as the people's crusade for no high ranking noble took part in it and was a miserable failure, however the main crusade was much better organized and though the crusaders had many hardships and misfortunes, they marched on gaining one victory after another over the Turks till they finally captured Jerusalem and established a new Christian kingdom in the holy land.

The first Crusade was followed by many other Crusades and the holy land remained a place of religious conflict for centuries after but the fact remains that the first Crusade was the only successful Crusade ever.
The story of the first Crusade is well known to all but very few know the details of the early part of the Crusade. Everybody knows of the great siege of Antioch and about the massacre at Jerusalem but the story of the early half remains greatly unknown and it is this story which I have decided to present in my new campaign -Crusade-~The Beginning~

FEATURES
>Intense and Action packed gameplay
>A mix of various gameplay elements
>New ideas and tricks
>New kinds of objectives
>Over a 1000 triggers
>Lots of sound and music files
>All characters based on historical figures
>High focus on historical accuracy
>Option to choose difficulty
>Lots of cutscenes to move the story forward

Please download this campaign and let me know what you think.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
newIdea This game is great. The gameplay is solid and the custom sounds are awesome. Sceletar has done a great job with the game and this story. I would definitely recommend this campaign to anyone.
oliver Is it done? Really, really done? Yay, amazing! I smell a high rating coming your way...

Everyone: For God's sake download this. I was one of the playtesters and boy did I enjoy this campaign! Don't just sit there, click that shiny red button N-O-W!
Mash
(id: Mashek)
Staff
Official Reviewer
I highly recommend this game, it is fun, challenging, unique and creative!

[Edited on 02/20/18 @ 06:19 AM]

Rangar From what I've done so far it is Brilliant! I reccomend this to any one.
skuma Man.am not getting words to describe..ur amazing work!!!!
froboman Well to tell you the truth I like cheese and this is better, download it as soon as possible.

[Edited on 03/28/06 @ 01:29 AM]

Super_Cell_51 All right. Another campaign from sceletar. I loved your 'Troy' campaign.
Stu183 This is a amazing bit of work so far but ive incounted a bug that is making it so i cant play the second scn. when i first start it says imobile_units_al_gold2 not found.( i think thats right), then it goes round the first camps but it gets stuck on the villager repairing the trebuchet then it crashes. I have tryed to restart multiply times but no luck. Any help?

Stu183
newIdea Just download the Immobile Units AI Gold(2). I think Sceletar may have forgot to include it in the download.

Are you sure there is a "2" at the end?
fuzzydude45 Exalent, Definit ly going to get a high review!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.9
Balance5.0