RISK: Hundred Years' War

Author File Description
DocRobert
(id: King Bob VI)
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Other

France is nearly broken. The English have taken nearly half of our castles, and they have allied with the Burgundian rebels, who grow stronger in the East. Paris has fallen and Orleans is on under siege.
Hope is fading.
The king has placed his last hope in the hands of some peasant girl. The leadership of our army, the responsibility of a little girl? Madness...

Features:

- A new and improved version of the Advanced Risk system created by Daftpanzer amd used in RISK: Crusader.
- Capture castles to earn gold and instantly create units.
- Unlimited population.
- A great looking map of France featuring 16 territories.
- Side quests: mercenaries, peace treaties and more.
- New and greatly improved AI, revamped by Daftpanzer.

Download Now!
- King Bob VI
king_bob_vi(at)yahoo(dot)com
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Julius999
Official Reviewer
Just finished and I have to say it is excellent. I strongly recommend it.

Much improved on your crusader risk as well, the faster creation of units especially is much better.
Rangar It was good though I did feel that on moderate atleast it was atleast for me not that hard other than that well done!
morgoth bauglir Downloading it... finally a new risk type map, I loved the old ones
Lord Basse
Official Reviewer
This was G-R-E-A-T!
What else can I say?

The music fits in perfectly and gives a stronger feeling for the campaign.

If I have to mention a bad point, that should be that it was easier than RISK Crusader.
Now, thats not only bad. But for some it might be

I might review this one later on, when I've played it a couple of times :D
Raghna Best map I've ever played!
azure skies
(id: ThUnDeR77)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
By King Bob VI

In this game, you are the French during the Hundred Years' War. You face the English and Burgundian forces. In order to win the game, you must capture every territory on the map by destroying the castle in the center (replacing it with your own). You must build units by selecting a building that is in your own territory, and pay a price of gold. Every 60 seconds, each territory produces gold.

Playability: 5
The playability in this game was magnificent. The computer players had a very well-built AI that made this game quite challenging. Also, the replay value of this game is great. That means you could play this game over and over without getting tired of it too easily.

Balance: 5
This game was very well balanced. Stated earlier, this game had a great AI that made it so this game was challenging, but not so challenging that it was impossible to beat.

Creativity: 4
This game was quite creative in its gameplay and storyline, but the RISK game style has been around for quite a while. This game offered many things that were new, but still didn't have the unique and fresh feel to the gameplay, and it felt that you were playing the same RISK game. Even so, the game is still very fun, and entertaining to play.

Map Design: 5
The map design in this game was great. It offered some pleasent eye candy, and had well blended terrain. Although the map design wasn't the best it could be, it still deserves a 5.0, because on maps such as these, too much eye candy and prettyness would get in the way of the gameplay.

Story/Instructions: 5
The story in this was good, and was historically accurate. The instructions gave you a good clue of what to do, and had some nice bonuses.

Additional Comments:
Overall: This is a very good game. I suggest you download it immediately. =)

[Edited on 07/24/06 @ 05:27 PM]

Raghna Is there any way to private message kingbobVI ?
I mailed him but he doesn't answers...
DocRobert
(id: King Bob VI)
File Author
I've been away for a few days, I'm checking my E-Mail now. Thanks for the comments and review guys. Thunder, I'm not complaining or anything, but when you said that this Risk style has been around for quite I while; I'm pretty sure it hasn't. This is only the second map to use it since daftpanzer came up with it about a year ago.
azure skies
(id: ThUnDeR77)
Yeah, but the multiplayer monument-type has been around for a while. The castles way is quite new, but the whole RISK idea really isn't, that's why I didn't deduct very much.
morgoth bauglir Well, I gotta admit, 'tis was good. If I hadn't played Crusader before then I would have nothing to complain. But compared to crusader, this was kinda easy (Beat it in exactly 45 min.). I think there were too many beginning towns. In crusader, there was only one.

Now the better part. The spawning system was much better, there were cooler allies, better-looking map, etc.

I would recommend it to everybody to download: It's a high-quality scenario and if I remember correct, it was kb6's last scenario. Kudos!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.8
Balance5.0