Download File Post Review Post Comment

Liegnitz 1241 A.D. v 1-1

Author File Description
Mr Wednesday
(id: matty12345)
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Fixed Force
NOTE: thsi file had several bugs due to the incorrect file having been submitted; I have fixed them and this campaign should now work.

Liegnitz 1241 A.D.

It is early spring in Poland in the year 1241. A strange army from out of Asia has appeared, destroying everything in its path. Europe is in a state of fear!

In this campaign you will play as the Golden Horde in one of the bloodiest battles of Eastern European history. You will fight the combined forces of Poland and its allies, always using Mongol tactics to win the day.

Features

An epic battle featuring over 750 warriors on a single battlefield with little or no lag.

Over 280 triggers for a single scenario.

Historical accuracy has been preserved down to the most minute details.

System Settings

Play on 1024 x 768 resolution
Play on normal speed with Music Volume off
Runs with a little lag on 64MB RAM; anything better should be perfect.

Instructions

Place the empires2_x1.dat file in the data folder of AOK (you may want to back up the original copy before replacing it).
Place the sounds in the sound/scenario folder.
Place the cpx. file in the campaign folder.
Place the bitmap in the Age of Empires II directory.
Load up the mod (two horse units) and play!

Credits:

Paladin to elite lancer mod was modified for this campaign.

Crusader mod was also used.

GeniED2 file for Beta Knight also used.

A few of my sound files were taken from Marco Crnigoj’s campaigns (or a few other campaigns).

Some music was taken from various games I own.

Thanks to wikipedia for their article on the subject.

Special credit should go to James Chambers, as his book The Devil's Horsemen: The Mongol Invasion of Europe was the inspiration for this campaign.

Thanks to my partners at Golden Mangudai Productions!
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Tanneur99
Official Reviewer
@ matty12345,

I sent you an e-mail on August 5 asking to edit your scenario because it is unplayable; probably my mail became victim of a spam filter and I sent another mail today. In case you did not receive them, I approved your file to leave a comment here with the bug fix. Without an update, I have to remove your file permanently from the blacksmith.

I viewed some of your triggers, the landmeister Popo von Osterna is not on the map. You probably removed him for play-test reasons. Therefore, trigger 'die popo' fires at the game's start with the in game message "The landmeister is dead." Trigger 'see hero' shows an empty spot, trigger 'Talk of hero' tasks no object and trigger 'cheer' does not fire as the object is not in the set area, the cut-scene stops after the in game message: "Their landmeister, Popo von Osterna, is one of East Europe's greatest warriors..."

Bug fix, place Osterna between the knights and the set area of trigger 'cheer' condition 0 and create a new trigger to rename the unit. In trigger 'Talk of hero', set the object Osterna in effect 0. In trigger 'cheer', set the object Osterna in condition 0. In trigger 'HP's and Attack change6', set object Osterna in effect 0 and 1. In trigger 'die popo', set object Osterna in condition 0. In trigger 'charge teutons now', set object Osterna in condition 0, effect 1 looks as if it crashes the game, you task Gaia objects to a set location without set objects or set area, delete effect 1, it seems that effect 1 in trigger 'charge knights of teutons' does task the knights anyway.

Please play-test your scenarios before you submit, I believe the above is sufficient, but I could have missed something. I did not test not knowing which unit you intended for Popo von Osterna.

Please edit your submission using the update button above your description.

-Blacksmith Administrator

[Edited on 08/23/06 @ 05:20 AM]

Mr Wednesday
Staff
Official Reviewer
File Author
Ah, no problem, I will fix that and have it updated by the end of the week.

PS: should I just upload it as a new file or is there some way to update the current submission.

Thanks for the help!
Tanneur99
Official Reviewer
Please update the current submission by clicking the update button above your description.

You cannot add, resubmit the entire .zip file including sounds etc. or send only the edited zipped .CPX to tanneur99@heavengames.com and I do the update for you. I am traveling Friday to Monday.
Mr Wednesday
Staff
Official Reviewer
File Author
NOTE: this file has been updated and now is bug free!

please leave feedback if you play it because I have a couple of other campaigns in the works.
Courtjester1
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
I just finished this campaign and figured i would give a review!

Playability: 5
There were absolutely no bugs or glitches when I played it, so they must have been worked out in the second submission. It was a lot of fun, although I would probably not replay it, though I rarely replay any campaign so I will not count this against you!

Balance: 4
The difficulty was about perfect (maybe a little easy) for my skills, I only restarted once and that was due to a slip up. The fact there was not a harder level limits this from being any higher.

Creativity: 4
There were a few creative things in here, and the use of a mod made it a little different, but it was basically your run of the mill Marko Crnigoj style campaign.

Map Design: 5
A lot of designers may consider this map kind of bland, but I don't really like excessive eye candy; this map had a fairly plain look to it, but a lot of work must have gone into it, and I think the maker actually tried for a mellow look. The scenery is quite intense in certain areas like around the stream, and the forests are excellently done for a winter battle. The unit choices are perfect.

Story/Instructions: 5
The history is very, very good. Mostly it is adapted from Wikipedia, as the author says, but there is a lot of stuff in it that was not in the original article. Overall, the campaign is like a history lesson, and you will learn quite a bit. The bitmap was nice, the hints were fine etc. The cutscene was maybe a touch long for my liking, but it told the story well enough.

Additional Comments:
While not as superlative as my campaign [i'm kidding, I am not that proud :)], It was a pretty good afternoon of entertainment and definitely worth a download to anybody who played Crnigoj's stuff and wishes there was more. While definitely not as good as those, it is a good campain in its own right!

[Edited on 10/21/06 @ 01:44 PM]

Dantares IV I do not believe that you have received a fair rating on this SUPERB campaign. If you ever have a need for playtesters for your upcoming campaign "Acre", I'm in.
I intend to make a FAIR review for you over the weekend. That is if notheing is happening during that time.
Mr Wednesday
Staff
Official Reviewer
File Author
Well thank you Dantares, but I am not that proud that I will consider a 4.6 unfair :)

Anyway The Greatest Siege(Acre), as I call it, is a little on hold right now, mainly because I am focusing on my other campaign and trying to get it finished.

If you want to playtest either one, I will probably post a sign up in the forums.

[Edited on 11/08/06 @ 09:31 AM]

Dantares IV Well, I will sign up for it the moment I see the topic.
I think I will play it one more time and then i will start working on the review.

[Edited on 11/08/06 @ 04:35 PM]

Dantares IV
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
The game played very well. There was assuredly no lag whatsoever. After I beat the first part of the battle, the rest got a little easier, until the last part when the kings bodyguards attack you. I found no bugs whatsoever. It is a game I will enjoy very much to play every once in a while.

Balance: 5
As for difficulty, once you beat off that first force comprised of those Tutonic Knights and Beta Knights, the rest was rather easy. When the Kings body guards come, it gets rather difficult there too. Over all, it was right in the middle of difficult and moderate.

Creativity: 4
I like your idea about letting a rider get a new mount. I never got around to using that, but it was an ingenious idea. A more advanced moral system might be more interesting. Almost like with Tanenburg. I must say, I have never played a Mongol campaign this interesting. I do not really care for the Mongols too much, but that makes no difference.
Also, maybe have it that when a unit steps on an enemy flag, it will change to your color. Also, the idea with Archers shooting Smoke bombs was interesting too. However, it did not do much damage to any units. The music you had was very good also.

Map Design: 5
Excellent!!!!! I do not think that there was a single part of the map that did not have eye candy on it. Both the German and the Mongol bases looked very nice, however, the Mongol base looked a little bland too me, but I do not think that is worth taking a point away from this review though.

Story/Instructions: 5
The history, hints, and instructions were excellently written.

Additional Comments:
A must download campaign, but not recommended to beginners.

[Edited on 01/10/07 @ 10:23 AM]

Jas the Mace1 For me the game doesn't play. At the end of the polish troop review it shows the teutonic knights and says something about their leader (who doesn't seem to be there) The game doesn't progress past that. I am playing the updated version. ???
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.7
Balance4.0