Download File Post Review Post Comment

RMS Creator

Author File Description
chasqui
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Screenshot:
RMS Creator

RMS Creator generates random map scripts (.rms files) for the real-time strategy game Age of Empires II: Age of Kings/The Conquerors Expansion.

System requirements:
- Microsoft Word (Tested with MS Word 2000/XP/2007 on Windows; it may work with other versions of Word but I don't know for sure.)
- Monitor display resolution of at least 800x600.

Reason:
Does the world really need another random map scripting program? There are a few others available already, some better than others, and I applaud the authors for their efforts; however, each existing program I've tried I felt that either it was missing important features and options, or it had too many bugs to work properly. Unsatisfied, I wanted to make a random map scripting program the way I imagined it should be.

Design goal:
To make a flexible, powerful, yet user-friendly random map script generator.

Who would want to use it:
Beginners or casual random map scripters can use RMS Creator to make basic map scripts with little or no knowledge of the scripting language. If you are a random map script expert, you can make a map script with RMS Creator and then tweak the code to your liking.

Happy map making,

-chasqui
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0
Rating: 5
RMS Creator is a great programme which allows an RMS scripter to create a random map quickly and easily. It is great for a beginner and is very simple and easy to use. The RMS Creator can create any random map with a few clicks. It has simple and easy instructions and is the perfect programme for a beginner. This is the best thing and RMS scripter could wish for.

Additional Comments:
A must download for any RMS scripter
Thanks for this masterpiece

Possidon
Zetnus I see you've updated this, and now it seems to work in the newer versions of word (after enabling macros).
Very cool!
I will be updating the various guides where I previously said that this did not work for Word 2007.

[Edited on 02/17/15 @ 06:35 PM]

Rekhann Is it usefull for AOEIII?

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0