Recent Updates

Utilities » Five Minute Countdown Timer Template

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Five Minute Countdown Timer Template

Author File Description
Dave_Earl
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c

This file contains two templates for a five-minute countdown timer, and an example scenario.

You can use the timer to count-down the time in your scenarios until, for example, an objective is completed.

You can count-down from any time under 5 minutes, and re-activate the timer as many times as you want.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
KingElk Very Nice! Could be useful. Good triggering and stuff.

(Is this original? I haven't been around here long enough to know.)
morgoth bauglir It sure is. Nice one, dave.
Bigmackorgen Oh, this is very usefull for all of us. Good work! :)
Angulema Is a good lot of triggers. But, i have a question. How did you do to create a Villager with a custom name, and make it invisible?
Dave_Earl
File Author
This will help you:

http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=7687
Jatayu
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.0
Quality/Instructions4.0
'5 minute countdown timer' is a helpful utility which demonstrates a countdown mechanism as well as provides a template for it. This is my first utility I am rating so please correct me if I am wrong in any way.

Rating: 4

Utility: I have to say, this is useful only in certain situations. The countdown which appears on the screen is accompanied by the display instruction sound, which is very annoying and can make the player jittery. It may be useful when every second counts and the player needs to be constantly aware of how much time is left. This may occur in situations where the countdown is less than 2 min. However for greater periods of time it is much better to have a 'food clock' that keeps silently tributing or something of the sort. Since the whole thing is done with triggers it does not meddle with resources and is thereby better (although these kind of time situations are mostly in RPGs where resources don't matter anyway)

Novelty: It's not a new concept, but the execution with triggers and display instructions is new.

Quality: Excellent. No bugs or anything I could see.

Instructions: Perfect. It comes with a demo scenario which fully explains how to use it (and it is pretty humorous too). Also it has a full template with ~300 triggers already added so that anyone could work on it.

Additional Comments:
This is certainly a very good utility which can be quite useful. It could also have been better if the author had shown a few more of the popular methods of countdown such as resource tributing or damaging an object.

[Edited on 04/09/07 @ 02:59 AM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.0
Quality/Instructions4.0