Single Player Scenarios » Britons Mini-Scenario

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Britons Mini-Scenario

Author File Description
David Khan
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Fixed Force
This is a mini-scenario I hade while I was bored.
play on Hard

Enjoy, and feel free to criticise andrate al you want.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Bigmackorgen
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance1.0
Creativity2.0
Map Design2.0
Story/Instructions3.0
The "Britons Mini-Scenario" is a single scenario were you play as the british to defend against attacks from the franks.

Playability: 2

I didn't enjoyed this campaign very much. you start up in one corner of the map and must prepare some swordsmen and archers for a fight.
However I didn't find any bugs or lags.

Balance: 1

The balance was bad. You have a watch tower and can easily garrison some archers for even stronger attack but still have many archers left on the ground. You also have an archer with +10 in attack. The enemy only attacks with a few infantry-troops at the time which means it's easy to pin them down before they do any damage at all. You can also train more archers which make the game even more easier to win. Try have many soldiers of variety type next time.

Creativity: 2

It wasn't much creativity here. Some soldiers were renamed and the idea of only 40 troops at once could be good, but not in this case as you can win by only 20.

Map Design: 2

I saw some eyecandy's and there were a remove-palisade-wall trigger, that's good. But the clump-placed houses in the corner of the map wasn't very attractive. It was also very plane and out of trees on good places.

Story/Instructions: 3

This was good, with no spelling errors. However, the story was very weak and it was a very weak defend-yourself-against-attack-situation. You get some hints, and scout informations. Fair and well a 3.

Suggestions:

Make a small map if you gonna do a small task. Don't place some houses in a corner just to fend them off. Place these so they fit in to the map. You could for example choice barracks instead and placed them on a hill behind your "camp". The enemy can't attack the house up there and it will also improve the map-design. You should also place MORE gaia-units, like deers and also use elevations.

[Edited on 03/18/07 @ 03:44 AM]

KingElk You can't rate someone on how big a map they used. Not everyone knows about the smaller maps.

Rate it as if you were rating the part they used.
Artifex It is a fun smash, but it is easy to win. For a next time give the Franks a tribe name. Now every new game they have a different name.

After the reinforcements came, there were still a couple of GAIA archers left at sea. I think when you created this scn, and put them in the Transport, the transport was already full.
David Khan
File Author
First of all, I did say it was simple, and I intended to rename the enemy, so it didn't keep picking the name. Thanks for the criticism though, I might re-make it, with a city in the centre of the map so it can be attacked from all sides...
Thanks!
Tanneur99
Official Reviewer
I liked it, one playability issue, after the attacks where over, I received no victory signal, and had to search for last enemies. Behind a mountain where some swordsmen, looks like they were map copied.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance1.0
Creativity2.0