Single Player Scenarios » Adventure Series VI Four Horsemen

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Adventure Series VI Four Horsemen

Author File Description
Jas the Mace1
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Role Playing Only
You are the Four Horsemen summoned from the pits of Hell. Bring wanton destruction to a peaceful area of ancient China.

*Good eye candy

*Lots of fighting

Rate your performance here

*Kills
550-650 1 Horse (good but you missed a lot)
650-700 2 Horses (near total destruction)
700-715 The Four Horses ride again

*Destroyed buildings
300-375 2 Horses (destroyed a great deal)
375-425 3 Horses (near total destruction)
425-448 4 Horses (Wow! Wonders too!)

Get ready to become the Four Horsemen!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Lord Basse
Official Reviewer
Just started playing. This is a great game truly. If you're lucky I might even review it :)
Artifex Is it about the Apocalypse?
(Start downloading...now)
Jas the Mace1
File Author
No it isn't.

It's a specific mission in a small area of China. Although your victims might disagree :~)

[Edited on 03/17/07 @ 10:40 PM]

Julius999
Official Reviewer
Not bad at all Jas. If no one reviews this in the next two weeks I will. It's certainly very unique.
Mash
(id: Mashek)
Staff
Official Reviewer
Very cool. Good work.
Jatayu
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
Official Reviewer
Really great game, very original idea. However I have a problem. There are some 'foreigners' in my path and they are allied so I can't slip past them or kill them. They're blocking the path and I can't change diplomacy.

Edit: Forget it, it worked after some time. I have finished the game after 5 hours playing, it's really great. I will probably review it later.

P.S. I had 701 kills 388 razings

Edit2: Mashek, you are 'Staff' ? Can't say I noticed that before...

[Edited on 03/17/07 @ 06:15 AM]

Jatayu
Official Reviewer
I am surprised this has got so few downloads, especially this is much better than my recent game and it has got more downloads. I suspect it is because I submitted it as a campaign, that decreased the filesize from 76 kb to 42 kb.
Jatayu
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Adventure series VI, 'The Four horsemen' is the sixth game of Jas the Mace1's adventure series. It is an RPG is which you take on the role of four horsemen who are agents of the devil, and wreak havoc on a region in ancient China.

Playability: 4

I found this game very enjoyable. The beginning is superb and really catches your attention, with the summoning to the devil to the realm of hell. Then you take control of four agents of satan: War, Famine, Pestilence, Death who are all very powerful and fast units. I enjoyed moving around and killing everybody, there were always some new ideas at every corner so I didn't get bored at first. There are some magic spells you can use in taking towns. The time taken for self healing can be used in taking down buildings, so it isnt wasted. The Blessed ones and other sidequests were rather enjoyable. There are lots of monks too to cut down on healing time.
However after a couple of hours the game got slightly boring as the same things were repeated, killing peasants, destroying towns. I didn't enjoy the shipwreck very much as I found nothing there. Needless to say there was nothing exactly the same, which kept up my interest. I played this game non stop for 5 hours to win and there are few games which can make me do that. I didn't encounter any bugs or lag. In the ending part two of the monks who arose from the graveyard didn't die so I could keep going back for healing ;) though I am not sure this was intended.
Overall very enjoyable.

Balance: 4
The units you control are very strong, but not invincible. They can get killed if you are careless. Some additional strategy was required to take down a bombard tower in the cornfield as it had lot of attack. The two sidequests involving War and Famine are hard. The hardest parts I found were towns guarded with bombard towers where you had to get near the gates to blow them up. However it is not much of a challenge to kill the blessed ones as I killed almost every one of them without a reload. The 'trials' at the end are not too difficult either. Death is in my opinion a rather overpowered unit, he has 51 attk and 663 hp, apart from being ranged. He can kill spearmen and cho-ku-nois with a single shot.

Creativity: 5+
The best part of the scenario. The theme itself is highly original, as well as the personification of War,Famine,Pestilence and Death as the Four horsemen. The representation of Hell is well done, with fires and a few people like Stalin and Hitler who seem to have reached there. The magic spells, while not being exactly original were fun and worked well. In addition there were a lot of other creative things like a cave, shipwreck, beach, pig farm etc. and almost in every corner there were amusing comments uttered by the people to keep you interested. The trials and 'dopplegangers' were a nice touch to the scenario. Therefore it really deserves 5.
The only thing which I didn't like was the colour scheme. Everyone was green. Yourself, your enemies and your allies. Except for a few yellow 'rural peasants' and their towns. I would have thought red or orange would have been more suitable for Hell.

Map Design: 5
Excellent map design, and really appropriate in every detail for the scenario. The design for hell is really good and that of ancient China does, indeed feel like Ancient China. The bamboo forests, a few snowy regions, cornfields, river etc. were really well done. Lot of eye candy which looked great. The city scenes were well done too. The part with lots of wonders looked a bit strange though. The use of elevation and terrain blending made the map look perfect.

Story/Instructions: 5
Detailed instructions and objectives, along with a great story. There is a long introduction of the events in the beginning when you are summoned to hell and you always know what you are doing and why you are doing it. I found some things in the story a bit weird, such as why a wolf and a ship would be 'Blessed ones' (It clearly states the turtle ship is a ship, not a dragon as might be assumed). Also why most of the people were armed, when apparently there was no War in the region. However I cannot give it less than 5 as it is a really exceptional story, not just any story.

Additional Comments:
I would really recommend this scenario for download, it is very interesting and original.
Dantares IV The reason is because not many people like RPGs. At least that's what I heard.
Tanneur99
Official Reviewer
I like RPG, however, this is rather a RPS which I like too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.3
Balance3.7