Author File Description
oliver
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c

RENAISSANCE

An Unofficial Scenario Designer's Expansion Pack
Presented by Oliver, member of Tsunami Studios

Current version: 1.02

This is an add-on for The Conquerors Expansion that will add ~100 new units to the scenario editor. To prevent cheats, balance issues and out-of-sync errors, none of these units are accessible via normal gameplay. You are however free to use them in the scenario editor, where they can be placed and modified just like all other units. If you make a scenario with this add-on and want others to play it, you must give them this add-on as well.

Renaissance is based on the 1.0c patch and it is recommended that you upgrade your game to this patch before you install Renaissance. The add-on will work on an unpatched computer as well, but stability is not guaranteed if you choose this option.

I urge you to read the Readme document that comes with this release. Not only will you find detailed installation instructions there, but also a list of all the units included in Renaissance and a bunch of other useful information.

If you're having problems and no-one's there to help you, the easiest way to get in touch with me is to email me at olifver at gmail dot com.

Here is also a link to Renaissance's forum thread, where you can ask questions.

!Crash note, important!
Some of you have experienced crashes when trying to play a SP game immediately after launching AoK. If this is the case, here's a quick in-game fix that should solve the problem. I haven't been able to produce any crashes using this method.

1) Upon launching AoC, the first thing you should do is clicking the 'Create new scenario' button. The game will now load the modification.

2) Once you're inside the scenario editor, exit and return to the main menu again.

3) Now you can play SP games without experiencing pre-game crashes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
UnnamedPlayer Can we play normal multiplayer games with people who do not have the expansion?
Artifex It sounds cool. i will give this a try. Thanks in advance, oliver.
Dantares IV Glad to see that it is out!
oliver
File Author
UnnamedPlayer, I'm not 100% positive you can because I'm not an online gamer and haven't been for years. However, since Renaissance does not change any of the old units, it is likely that you can play online games against people who don't have Renaissance. You should give it a try. :)

EDIT: New version uploaded. Fixed some minor bugs, random crashes and malfunctioning graphics.

[Edited on 04/19/07 @ 10:12 AM]

Artifex It still doesn't work for me. The game crashes as soon as I open the single player menu, or the create scenario menu.
good guy mabye because you got alota stuff on your computer Artiflex,like me
good guy where do i put this cool thing?
newIdea good guy: Extract the .DAT file to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\DATA"
good guy this is AWESOME! i wish those things were buildable
Lord Korvus Oliver, please, try do a reinaissance that works with normal single player. Thats gonna be fun to create these units in a normal game.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0