Utilities » Terrain Changer

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Terrain Changer

Author File Description
Trisolo
(id: scenario_t_c)
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
This modified AoK:TC dat file contains some terrain-changing objects. They are invisible buildings functioning like the bridges, but with different terrain-changing effect like dirts, farms, grasses...etc.

To use the new objects, please make a backup of your empires2_x1.dat or empires2_x1_p1.dat (1.0b or 1.0c) at your game data folder, then replace it with the one included in this zip file.

Keep in mind that they are not for initial placement on the map but for trigger usage, like the method for bridge objects to create or remove water and sand terrains.

AoKTS compatibility and original patch.txt file shall be implemented soon in future versions.

Tsunami Studios
S.T.C.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Tanneur99
Official Reviewer
To create and remove the invisible buildings for terrain changing select 'Object List Type' ==> Buildings, they appear in the drop down menu of the 'Object List' under their terrain name.

[Edited on 04/22/07 @ 01:07 PM]

Lord Basse
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.5
Quality/Instructions4.5
This is an amazing tool for scenario designing, if you can use it right. Creating new terrains with triggers has been a thing I've wanted to do for a long time, but I never figured out how to do it. With this .dat file it's possible. Though, it a downside. The terrain you place out will immediately size as the 'Medium' size in the terrain editor. For water and dirt and other this is useful, but for roads it might be not as good. If you want to create a road through, for example, a forest and you cut down the trees with triggers and then add the road, it will be huge. Smaller roads, 1x1 tiles like the 'Tiny' tile, would be better for such occasions. This would do for water as well, and ice.
With your knowledge of data editing and everything, I think its possible to make, though I'm not sure. If it is possible you should really add it to add more flexibility. That would make this a perfect tool.

Other than that, amazing and simple to use.
RON PAUL 2016
(id: Turty)
This was very nice. Everyone else, please download this.
The Black Petard Looks great! By any chance, is there a possibility of using it in conjunction with Renaissance?
legoguitars How exactly do I "replace the File"? I put this file in the folder then delete the other one and I can't find the terrain buildings. Any help would, umm, help...

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.5
Quality/Instructions4.5
Statistics