Recent Updates

Cinematic Scenarios » The Beginning

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Beginning

Author File Description
Michael1
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
This is the first cutscene-scenario of the campaign about the kingdom of Svoltar (completely fictional) about the war between most of the Russian clans, but mainly Kiev and Svoltar.

This is me and my friends first upload so please go easy. This is the first cutscene we've ever been able to do, so we like it!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Michael1
File Author
Sorry i forgot to mention this is just a *TEASER* the other campaigns and levels will follow. Also because this was my first upload i accidentally put into scenerio format(this might help beginners).
P.S I would like to thank Kronos_Almighty for helping me make this and the guy who made the immobile units AI(i cant remember his name) because without his AI we wouldn't be able to make this campaigns.
P.P.S We know it is short so don't worry the others will be longer.
P.P.P.S I hope you enjoy it:) And i hope the rest of the campaign(the first of many)will be completed soon.
P.P.P.P.S Please post any comments

[Edited on 08/08/07 @ 11:57 AM]

Emperor Alexander
(id: Alex Coles)
Alright let's see...

I must admit, I liked cut-scenes and I thought I might as well have a look at this. It actually seemed ok but i'll just pick up on a few things :

When the people talk at the start they talk for about 5 seconds then you see the next line so it seems a *tad* fast. Maybe 7 seconds. Then, the game doesn't move the screen to the castle? Ok, that's not too much of a problem. Thing is, the fight is too easy. Maybe that's your intentions but perhaps you should of added a hill or a few and lowered the HP of the player's men. Then, he'd have to try and use the height advantages rather than his brute force. Map design here's good, don't really need any eye-candy.

They go to the village. It's way too small! If it was that small perhaps you should of added a bit of story, like they'd been raided excessively and been reduced to the bit around the centre. Also, instead of a spearman, perhaps a Teutonic Knight would of been better for a mayor (?) because having a weapon around and flinging it around the villagers isn't the nicest thing to do. Map could do with improvement, I mean the part your men come from is just pure grass. Add some detail, and if you take my idea of a raided village, then just mix dirt 2/3 to get the destroyed effect that you get in the game when buildings are blown up (under the rubble).

Last bit seems fine though. I think, even if i'm not giving it a proper review i'd give it between a 2 and a 3.
Michael1
File Author
Thanks Alex but you have got to remember that was my first upload and first scenerio with triggers i've ever done.
Emperor Alexander
(id: Alex Coles)
Try to look at other cutscenes and see how they work. Might get a few ideas going.
Tanneur99
Official Reviewer
Michael1,

As a reminder, when you add your levels do not make a new submission, use the 'Update' button above your description. under 'submit file' it reads, "If you want to update a previous submission, please find the page for your file, and click on the "Update" button."

I move your file to 'Single Player Campaigns' afterwards.

-Blacksmith Administrator

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:219
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:67.03 KB