Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Siege of Constantinople

Author File Description
mike_rules32
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Build and Destroy
The Siege of Constantinople

This is the first version of my scenario, "The Siege of Constantinople". Please comment on it so I can improve it for next version.

"You will play as the Ottoman turks against the Byzantine Empire in this epic battle. Control the ocean and land and destroy the city and then rebuild it in Ottoman control! You must face the might of the powerful Byzantine navy, and destroy the army in battle. Get your bobards to fire at the gates and fore the Byzantines into their city in this histiorical battle."

AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Tanneur99
Official Reviewer
You asked how to improve for your next version, you should start with map design, put elevations, Gaia objects, mix terrain, then story/history and put "Constantinople" into 'Advanced Search' you find 20 files to download for ideas.

I moved the file from Single Player Campaigns.

-Blacksmith Administrator
Emperor Alexander
(id: Alex Coles)
This map is barely even close to representing Constantinople, nor is the mission. Sorry.
Jas the Mace1 It may not be accurate but it's still fun at first. They attack you for a little while.
mike_rules32
File Author
Thanks for the ideas. I am making another version and i'll put in elevation, fix the balance issues,and get a better map/ history book.
Cataphract887
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance1.0
Creativity1.0
Map Design2.0
Story/Instructions2.0
"The Siege of Constantinople" is another take on the classic siege, not to be confused with numerous other scenarios on the topic, some with literally the exact same name.

Playability 2

The game plays out like a random map;you have a huge economy potential and are post imp, so boom up and push into the city with jannisaries, BBT, and castles. They cannot put up an interesting game due to lack of resources.

Balance 1

The AI is penned into its city and is quite weak and anemic. It does have an army, but it dies easily to bombard towers and castles and lacks the economy to make reinforcements. Much of the city is accessible by cannon galleon, and the enemy lacks a long term fleet.

Creativity 1

It plays like a random map with tons of units and walls added. There isnt anything here in terms of content or triggers really.

Map Design 2

Its a random map, and the great city is a densely compacted grid of buildings with just some road1 paths and no detailing.

Story\Objectives 2

There is some objectives, hints and a scouts report sufficient to avoid the minimum rating buts its very scant.

Final Thoughts:Edit the enemy to have infinite resources and it wouldn't be the worst out there;as is, just do a search for higher rated similarly named scenarios.

[Edited on 04/11/17 @ 08:57 AM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance1.0