Single Player Scenarios » DtS07 The Defence of Pavia

Download File Post Review Post Comment

DtS07 The Defence of Pavia

Author File Description
Vizorslash
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Other
This is my entry for the DTSC competition. First of all I'd like to thank sword_of_STORM for hosting this competition, it was really fun to make this up.

Thanks to Chris Cruickshank aka Gothmog for his Gothmog AI I used. Also Silver Serpent for the Battle Music. Also Ingo van Thiel's Horse trot from WTWB.

This is about the garrison of Pavia defending the town from attack by the French in 1525 in the Italian Wars, you play as the Garrison and have to defend until something happens, I'm not telling you what...

I hope you like playing my campaign.

UPDATE: Added names for AI's and Music.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Tanneur99
Official Reviewer
Your scenario looks good and is challenging.

Just a few remarks, AI files save in the .SCX file, therefore there is no reason to include them and if you do, it is better to include the files you did not save. To save, the complete AI has to be in your AI folder when you save your scenario. Gothmog has 22 .PER files but you saved only one, Gothmog II.PER, which tries to load the other unsaved ones and your scenario starts with an 'AI Script Error' message.

You have to give proper credit; "Sorry to the people who made the Gothmog 2 Ai I used...you know who you are" violates the author's copyright note in the included Gothmog II.PER file, quote,

"If you use this AI in your scenarios; please credit the author - Chris Cruickshank aka Gothmog
Thank You!
© Chris Cruickshank (Gothmog) 2000"
Dantares IV When I try to move the campaign into the AoE II, it says the file is corrupted and can't be moved. :{
Vizorslash
File Author
I don't know why that would happen, it works perfectly fine on my computer?
Dantares IV Wierd. I just tried to move it again, and it moved perfectly. I don't know what was wrong with the computer. Well, it worked now. :)
Alevo
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance2.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 2
Unfortunately the map was not the most exciting, predominantly because of the fact that the file named "Gothmog II\Civilisations" did not load and upon checking I could not find the file in there anywhere. Due to this fact (I am guessing) the map became almost impossibly hard and therefore couldn't be enjoyed. With this working I'm sure the rating would almost definately go up. Also some parts you just seemed to be waiting around for something to happen but had to wait quite long in some cases. This meant less enjoyment.

Balance: 2
Similar to playability, this has the low rating because it was simply impossible to complete, even on standard mode. I thought that when Charles' army came it meant that the scenario would all make sense and I would be able to complete it but that just wasn't the case. Again, it's probably down to the AI problems.

Creativity: 5
The best part of the scenario. It showed good use non-default sounds and used an AI too. The only thing was that more sounds and maybe some triggers for bonuses/certain events but that does not lower the rating.

Map Design: 3
This was quite good, but all you could really see was your base. For a better rating here you would need to put more detail in to your designing rather than "Grass 1" in most places.

Story/Instructions: 3
The storyline, I thought, was very good, it was well explained before the game started and you knew about the events taking place. The only problem with this section was that once you were playing the map you didn't really know what was going on. Apart from waiting 18/20 minutes for the army events seemed to be happening randomly, and all you knew that you had to do was sit around and defend.

Additional Comments:
- This map could be so much better with just a few more features in it. Make sure that events flow properly too.
- The "Gothmog II" AI problems need to be fixed (ignore this if it's just my computer being strange) but I redownloaded it and still could not find some missing files. As mentioned earlier - you don't actually need to include the AI file as long as you save the map with it working.
- Make clearer the instructions, although the story was good, the instructions let it down a bit.

[Edited on 06/20/11 @ 03:59 AM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance2.0