halberdier - centurion
skirmisher - slinger
tarkan – chariot
cavalier - scythe chariot
archer - composite bowman
cavalry archer - chariot archer
paladin - golden cataphract
war wagon - elephant archer

All units except the last 2 are from AOE( Age of Empires). The last 2 are from Battles of Middle Earth.

I originally made this for myself to play Sceletar’s War of Troy in a more realistic environment, as well as messing about with Genied1. I hope you find it useful too.

You do not need MPS to install it.

Installation

The custom NSIS installer is provided.

To uninstall, click the Uninstall program which will be created in your Aok directory if you installed it right.

You can play Ancient/Roman themed campaigns which look more realistic with this. Especially Sceletar’s epic campaign "The War of Troy" which you can find here: http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=6605

This version has no data file as the frame numbers have been fixed. Thus you can use it along with your custom dat files or playing multiplayer. This will also not give any trouble with unpatched version.

Note: the previous version played very well with Troy, this one is not meant to, especially as there is no data file.

Screenshot
http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aok022vj2.png

I would like to thank Ronin and Agamemmnon for the SLP's , Ykkrosh for Genied1 and scenario_t_c for Genied2, and Stoyan Ratchev for drsbuild. They did most of the work. I also used ModWorkshop, but that is by me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Slhx Most likely not the best cause I have tried all roads lead to rome and this other one that need mps but lately I have been having trouble with it so this will be the first mod I download in a long time.
Dantares IV Wow, I'm shocked no one has ever made one of these in the past. I thought there already was an AoE I total conversion. Well, good work. :)
Tanneur99
Official Reviewer
There are two Roman Mod Packs at the blacksmith already. Rome at War and All Roads Lead to Rome.
Dantares IV That's what I thought... So what's the point of this one? Or what's the point of having another one? :{
Jatayu
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
Official Reviewer
File Author
Well this doesn't need MPS

Also you can get all the slp's of the AoE series in one go if you need it. And it is specifically designed to play the War of Troy.

Did you try it out at all?
Dantares IV I don't use mod packs. Though I'm thinking of making a couple small ones I had in mind.

OH, I see. Just mainly for Troy huh? Thanks. ;)
Mr Wednesday
(id: matty12345)
Staff
Official Reviewer
There are many campaigns of the same type, so it is find to have similar files.

Except these files are not similar. Those focused mainly on buildings, changing only one unit (the unique unit) of 2 civilizations.

This adds a whole batch of AoE units, it is quite fun to fool around with actually.
Jatayu
Official Reviewer
File Author
Updated! Added 3 more units, scythe chariot, chariot archer and composite bowman. The scythe chariot is by Agamennon while the other 2 were made by me. I tried to make the elephant archer too but it looked ridiculously tiny and enlarging it made it look bad. In fact all the cavalry units are too small. This is the final update, and I hope you like playing AoE in Aok. I certainly do.
Kobra_W I few questions for you:

1. can you give me a name of a good modCreator because I have MPS 2.0 it doesn't work.

2. Only the new Swordmen work, the other mods appeare and desappeare.

Forgot my English I come from Germany.
Jatayu
Official Reviewer
File Author
Hi Kobra,

It will not work in MPS because the number of frames is incorrect. That is the reason the mods appear and disappear.

To correct this problem, use the DRSbuild method of installing the SLP's as described on the main page and also install the DATA file ( empires2_x1_p1.dat ). Without the data file they will appear and disappear.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.0
Quality/Instructions4.0