Recent Updates

Utilities » DRS Aok

Download File Post Review Post Comment

DRS Aok

Author File Description
Ykkrosh
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
DRS_Aok is a utility made by Ykkrosh. As it was getting quite difficult to find the external links on the modpack forum, I thought it would be good to submit it to the blacksmith. Also I wrote a little Readme explaining it.

It would be good if you changed the ownership to Ykkrosh to avoid confusion.

DRS_Aok by Ykkrosh is a Tool for viewing and extracting files from DRS files. DRS files are the standard format for data files containing
graphics, sounds, etc. If you look in your data folder, you will find many such files, eg. graphics.drs ( which contains image files ),
interfac.drs ( containing interface graphics ), gamedata.drs ( containing random maps ) etc. These drs files contain mostly SLP's which
store a particular graphic.

This tool can be used to view or look up SLP's contained in graphics.drs quite quickly compared to MPS. It can also extract the frames ( note, not as 256 color bitmaps but in RGB format ). You can also select your palette, mask color etc. which means it can also be used for AoE, Aok and SWGB.

This tool is very useful as a complement to Mod pack studio and DRS build.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Lurkur
(id: OtmShankIiI)
I find it a very useful thingy, perhaps should be a good idea to make it as a plug-in for some already existing program i.e. some Genied. It's just an idea.
wellst Nice one Ykkrosh. Your Utilites are defently the best i've seen on swgb and aoe. Recommended to all users.

WELLST.
Jatayu
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
Official Reviewer
I forgot to add that you can't change drs files using this. You can only view them. This is not a substitute for MPS, but handy as a reference.
Lurkur
Hey, I have a question. Why didn't this thing show AoE DRS Graphics correctly? It looks like scratchy, or something else...
Jatayu
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
Official Reviewer
To answer that question, though very late..

AOE graphics look weird because they are not in the same palette. To correct this open Colors->Palette and load the AOE .pal file

You can download the AOE palette from here.
http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=5529
Lurkur
O thx anyway, though I already know how to do that - just extracted the .bin 50500 and renamed it, if anyone asks.

Now I want to know where can I find a decent program for changing the palette colors of a bitmap???
JakeWindu It doesnt work for me now :(
A while ago I downloaded MWS and it came with this and it worked. I downloaded MWS again(after upgrading to 7) and it wouldn't work...
I got this error:
Component "RICHTX32.OCX" or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
TheLaughingMule While I cannot answer your question, I would like to refer you to the ModPack Guidance Center where there is a lot of good information.

http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=38599&f=4,,0,20&st=900
Keisari Tapsa For me, I had to replace Comdlg32.ocx file in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 with a newer version gotten from here: http://swgb.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2798

I use Windows 7 64-bit and now it works.
Great piece of software!

[Edited on 05/14/12 @ 06:17 AM]

john cena 123 hello please it is not working on my laptop what shold i do
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics