Mod Packs » New Terrains Modpack

Download File Post Review Post Comment

New Terrains Modpack

Author File Description
Jatayu
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c

I added 4 'new terrains'. Well actually since it's not possible to add terrains with our current knowledge of genie files, I just modified 4 which I think no one will miss- shoreless dirt 2, shoreless snow dirt, old-grass and koh-flag ground. I figured nobody uses them anyway.

shoreless dirt 2 -> Volcanic rock terrain
shoreless snow dirt-> brown stony ground
old-grass -> space terrain
koh-flag ground -> lava

Has an example scenario with a lot of other terrains which can be map copied as well, like walkable water, sailable ice etc.

Note: None of the editor terrains are replaced.

All graphics are from Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds.

Install

Unzip and copy empires2_x1_p1.dat to the Data folder ( rename to empires2_x1.dat if unpatched ) and terrain.drs to the same folder. Remember to back up your data file. You can also backup your terrain.drs but it's unnecessary (files are not replaced in it but added ).

Play the scenario.

Credits
DiGiT - For his amazing AoKTS utility program.
Ykkrosh and scenario_t_c - Genied1
oliver - Inspired by his 'New Terrains' utility.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
wellst I did something like this, Just it was for swgb rather than Aok, And it was the Aok Terrains replacing the swgb ones. We think alike.

-WELLST
Jatayu
Official Reviewer
File Author
Heh, apparently. Although I detest SWGB terrain in general apart from the select few - grass, water , snow etc. are much better in Aok.
Woad85 This is larva...
Cool.........

This is same as volcano modpack, only you dont use AKX. Files.
Are you using Modpack Workshop??

[Edited on 09/15/08 @ 02:11 AM]

Jatayu
Official Reviewer
File Author
Edit: Well no, there was no modding involved here, terrains were directly lifted off SWGB :) Only .dat editing to ensure their compatibility.

By the way, you can use the scenario without that .dat too, and map copy some useful non editor terrains.

[Edited on 09/15/08 @ 11:58 AM]

wellst I've got an idea for you SoS. Why don't you replace the tree's or the Gaia Animals with the swgb one's.
Woad85
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.5
Quality/Instructions4.5
Rating: 4.5
This is very cool modpack. There are no replace any terrain. It is very suitable for making campign & scenario (But you must instllaed this Modpack first), only you need map copy to take this terrain. The terrain is took from SWGB terrain, and other terrain that i not know. Is nice!! Keep Working!!
Additional Comments:
I thought you reaveal the terrain in terrain section. But it not replace any terrain. Good Job!! Gerat Modpack!!

[Edited on 09/29/08 @ 03:28 AM]

EmperorX Looks cool. Can u (or can I) make this available in map editor?
luvas This is awesome and goes very well with the Battles of Middle Earth mod. Unfortunately I have trouble deciding between using this Terrain Pack and the Renaissance mod, which are both .dat files. Would it be possible to merge the two into one .dat file modpack? It isnt necessary, but Im curious. I especially love the spacey terrain though!

[Edited on 10/09/08 @ 05:48 PM]

Jatayu
Official Reviewer
File Author
It can't be made available as an editor terrain.

Luvas, I can, but that is not the point. I am thinking of a better way to make data files more compatible, and will post on the forum in a short while ( check out the forum and ask questions there btw. The link is in the top left )

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.5
Quality/Instructions4.5
Statistics