Download File Post Review Post Comment

PTC08 - Pretty Town Contest Winners 2008

Author File Description
Aro
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Other
Screenshot:
These are the winning entries from 2008's Pretty Town Contest; the theme was "winter". You can find out more information at Age of King Heaven's PTC 2008 page.

PTC 2008 Results Page

"While many thought this year's theme, the season of winter, was restrictive, the entries we recieved this year *proved* that snow and ice could be just as pretty, if not prettier, than any spring or summer counterparts. We recieved entries from many talented designers, and while santa was nowhere to be seen (*sigh*), these cold, beautiful entries stood out from the rest."

Winner!!!

Bargravia by Julius999

Total: 79/80

Second

The Kingdom of Drakia by Cknchaos

Total: 71/80

Third

The Mountain Township by Scud

Total: 65/80

Runner Up

Footprints in the Snow by Lord Basse

Total: 63/80

Honorable Mention

St Albrecht's by OtmShankIiI

Total: 58/80

Congratulations to the winners! Thank you as well to everybody who entered the PTC this year!
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Matthias1027 Wow! Amazing. I love the mining camp and especially "Old Bargravia". Great job, Julius999.
Lord Basse
Official Reviewer
Wonderful work folks, and a big hurray to the winners! You guys definately deserved it, I'm honoured to have my mini-entry alongside you, all others being large maps in comparison :)
YoshiX100000 I hope none of you mind my stealing all your tricks once I marco polo these ;)

Really, though, congratulations once again to all of you as well as the other participants.
Lurkur
(id: OtmShankIiI)
death to all my noob posts

[Edited on 11/09/12 @ 08:45 PM]

Mash
(id: Mashek)
Staff
Official Reviewer
Great work guys, and congratulations to the top three entrants. You've all done a hell of a job designing for a winter-themed contest.
SilverMan ey basse. i liked your scenario.. dut the town was.. it too little.And you said that its an old city.. but technically. its a vilage.but i was really impressed by all scenarios.GREAT JOB!
Lord Basse
Official Reviewer
*** The entry “Bargravia” received the award “Best Map Design” in the Game of the Year Awards of 2008***

http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,38836,0,10

korth555 Can those maps be downloaded?
TheLaughingMule All the maps should be here at the Blacksmith. Just use the search box for the names.
devagrawal09 I really liked the Bargravia. When there is a guide with me, I don't have the trouble of being confused that which way to go. If I were to rate the scenario, I would rate 10. It was really outstanding.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0