Recent Updates

AI Files » Confederated Losers

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Confederated Losers

Author File Description
DanFractionMan
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
all civs, water maps, 200 pop cap, RM, Wonder Race, Regicide, all map sizes.
It is better at booming than rushing, but if it is rushed in the feudal age it usually won't be defeated without a fight.

Here is an updated version. It is still a work in progress. Confederated Losers does pretty well with the Spanish.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
ARFFI The current version works very good on most settings.

Confederated Losers is one of the fastest AI in wonder-race that makes Wonder at 31:xx-33:xx for any civs.(ver. 3)

This AI tends to boom rather than to attack first. So if this AI is playing against an flushing/clushing AI, it might suffer. Still, if you let it go for imperial-age you will see some full-upgraded units rush.(ver. 3)

PS: (ver. 3) is the version updated on 2009.08.24
Poke On line 222 in the aztec file, you have an invalid identifier: number-of-missle-imp.

...Or is it just my game? Because, for me this AI doesn't work.

[Edited on 11/27/09 @ 03:28 AM]

marathon I liked it.
It's pretty good in booming. But it neglects military early on and it can't catch up with aggressive opponents, especially if it is attacked.
It advances to imperial quite early and stays quiet till then, allowing for a relaxing game, in which one can build up his forces and then attack in imperial, or for a test of booming.

It has some problems with gatherer percentages. I tested Turks and they had too few woodchoppers, while they wanted to have 60% food gatherers. Wood is essential in early-mid castle age for farms and buildings. Once there are more than 40 farms (meaning after 33-36') a very high food percentage could work as intended.
Also, it has too many gold miners.
Finally, it is a bad idea to advance to imperial with less than 150 population.
DanFractionMan
File Author
I changed the gold percentage for the Turks. You were right Marathon way to many gold miners. I can see where you are coming from with the 150 pop thing, but I still like to get to Imperial first for better research. I noticed that Confederated Losers is not very good when there is an enemy town that borders right next to his town. He then wants to send only a few guys to their deaths. I tried to fix it with some more code in my tsattack file, but don't think it quite worked the way I wanted it to.

The problem with the Aztecs has been fixed.
DanFractionMan
File Author
Got the town size to not go into enemy towns.
Got the attacking to be better.
Fixed a bug with the Mayan civ.

My next on the to do list is to get this ai compatible with aofe. Then I will get it compatible with UP.
John the Late For your interest, AoFE uses the Userpatch. So if you make your AI compatible to it, it will/or has to be compatible with UP. (Afaik 1.0c AIs work with UP just like normal and UP just adds many features.)
II2N Yes, with the UserPatch 1.0c-based AIs will work like they used to (with the expection of not getting bugged by some 1.0c-bugs). UP just increases the possibilities in AI scripting.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:452
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:270.10 KB
Added:01/04/09