New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files
Recent Updates

Multiplayer Scenarios » LotR From Osigiliath to Minas Tirith (English Version)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

LotR From Osigiliath to Minas Tirith (English Version)

Author File Description
will69
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Other
Number of players: 8
Screenshot:
8 Human Players map : 5 Attackers / 3 Defenders

Sounds in French but instructions and dialogues are translated.

Description of the triggered scenario:
I) - 5 Attackers settle a camp near Osgiliath in ruins (that some Gondor's soldiers will try to defend heroically) when a huge amount of soldiers arrives from Mordor's roads and are distributed to attackers as ships arrives by the Pelenor river.
- attackers can reach, independently from each other, defenders settlements in the other side of the river in order to capture the town in different parts (North/South/Centre of Osgiliath, that was very long to make it works perfectly ) So a rush strategy is very useful here.

II) - When that's done, the amount of initial soldiers is not enough to attack Minas Tirith, so attackers have quickly to develop an army because at this time Gondor has better troops than the attackers have. So defenders can try to come out the city as it was done by Faramir in the film ^^
- When one of the five access of Minas Tirith is violated, the Rohan army arrive arrive from the south. The cavalry is distributed to defenders

III) - When the gates are broken deeper in the city (near the top), Aragorn Legolas and Gimli arrive by boat in the river, and a dialogue explain that the Dead Army won't come because the number of troops would have crashed the game.
- At this stage defenders can try an ultimate strategy to crush the enemy thanks to the skills of the 3 heroes, but the game will end by a cinematic if Denethor is killed.

Particularities:
No siege weapons for attackers neither canons
No trade for attackers (the challenge is that they have to win the game with the gold that is distributed in Osgiliath)
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
John_G Its unfortunely the scenario is on frensh language. The map look good. I just wish I could read the instructions. When I played the scenario is was no real challenge, no huge enemy armies at all. Maby I missed something from the instructions.

will69
File Author
Thank you John_G for trying.
There is no instructions you missed, it's just because the map have to be played by 8 players on-line, because I haven't got enough skill to create an IA.

I know it's very limiting and further more this version is in French, but I'm working on a translation for the next version.

However I already played this map with 8 of my friends and it was a very pleasant time : that's why I have shared it with you.

EDIT: Ok now I posted A new version translated and more explicative with all the corrections it needed.

[Edited on 04/16/09 @ 04:03 AM]

John_G Ah I see, my mistake. Somehow I thought it was a single player scenario, how stupid of me. Well the mapdesign looked good.
Tanneur99
Official Reviewer
An update and we only got 20 submissions left in French. :{ BTW you can make two submissions, one in French, and one in English. For the original, (French) behind the title like here, http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/lister.php?category=&pauthor=&title=%28French%29&search=&rating_op=%3D&rating_value

For the translation (English Version) so the downloader knows that the author submitted maybe also in his language like here,
http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/lister.php?category=&pauthor=&title=%28English+Version%29&search=&rating_op=%3D&rating_value
will69
File Author
Ok ok sorry about that, I submitted the other version in a new file.

John_G: no matter, if you try the updated file you'll see I added a short presentation of objectives at the beginning, enjoy.
Tjcrazy I got an error: "The selected scenario is invalid". How do I fix?
Tanneur99
Official Reviewer
To fix go to C:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Scenario right click the scenario and rename to 'from Osgiliath to Minas Tirith.scx' make sure you do not delete the file extension .scx when renaming.

The name of the .SCX file is too long, the limit is about thirty characters for the game engine, 'from Osgiliath to Minas Tirith - by will69.scx' is too long. The player clicks Single Player, Standard Game, Random Map, Scenario, clicking the scenarios after that, only part of the scenario's name displays in the box under 'Game: Scenario'. After 'Start Game' the player gets the message, "The selected scenario is invalid". However, invalid scenarios play from the editor through test mode but the player misses the introduction screen, history section and BMP, which he cannot view in game. In addition, through test mode you do not play the original file but a copy named default, custom AI deletes and without having it in the folder you receive an AI failure message.
will69
File Author
Oh I didn't know that. The same errors happenned when starting the scenario in multi player game.
Should I update the file again with a shorter name?
will69.
Tanneur99
Official Reviewer
An update would be great. In Multiplayer the one who wants to join the game cannot start the game and receives a message that it did not receive the game data if the file name is too long.
will69
File Author
Here it is ; now the scx file (and the zip) were renamed.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0