Recent Updates

Cinematic Scenarios » Lawrence, Al' Aurens

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Lawrence, Al' Aurens

Author File Description
sissi
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
To play that cinematic,you'll need AOK the Conquerors patch 1.Oc and the modification Renaissance, by O liver

This is only a non-interactive cinematic.
If you never heard of T E Lawrence before, if you haven't read any of his books, you will not learn much about him. This is no historical campaign neither. And this time, not funny at all.
Just a tribute to a fellow human being.

I just hope you'll enjoy it nevertheless.
Thanks for downloading it !

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Mapppp
(id: Jimmy2)
Looks interesting, I'll watch it over the weekend and comment or review.
sissi
File Author
Thank you Jimmy for your concern. And I hope you'll enjoy it.
Only, don't bother to review, it still needs some polishing, and it's not likely that my job will allow me to do it soon...
Tushar Hmmm... Renaissance!?

I hate modifications but I'll use that too to check this out.
sissi
File Author
Well, thank you tushar, then I'm really honoured.
And I'm pretty sure once you've tried Renaissance, you'll love this wonderful tool,and start using it too, because Oliver meant it for vanilla people like us : it's the only mod that doesn't denature the original graphics we do like so much...
Tushar I actually have tried Renaissance before and the only problem I found was the crashing of game when you don't load the set of units in Scenario Editor.
And when I forget to do that before a multiplayer game, I get kicked :p
sissi
File Author
I've put much of myself in this submission, I've stopped hiding what I have to say behind jokes and cynicism, since it hasn't been understood in my previous submissions.
I've stopped shaming being a clown and trusted you enough to show a bit of the real me. Probably another mistake, if I take in consideration some of the forumers reactions... My design is far from flawless, but cold and empty perfection doesn't mean anything for me.
I'm no merchant, I've nothing to advertise, nothing to sell, nothing to show off.
Just something to say.
I've chosen another way, and that's likely to drive me out of that Heaven if it's already this vanity fair of nepotism, conceit, prejudice and cheap bickering I've witnessed lately, unfortunately.
Farewell, or ... so long ?

Mapppp
(id: Jimmy2)
Sissi, your discouragement unfortunately came at an inopportune time. I just finished watching your cinematic and I thought it was excellent. As you said, some areas were rough, but overall it was amazing. I particularly liked the beginning camp, and the explosion of the railroad was something I have never seen before. My favorite part was the ending with the shepherd, which I thought was very appropriate metaphor for the end of Lawrence's life. Some areas of the map looked a bit out of place, and the bridge illusion looked a bit awkward, but I thought the story and the rest of the map was well made. If you want a review, I will write one when I have time to put the thought and effort into making one that counts.

I'm sorry you feel this way about the community, as I haven't seen anyone discredit you or your work. I honestly enjoyed your scenario and I hope you stick around and make more like it.

[Edited on 09/09/09 @ 09:27 PM]

sissi
File Author
Thank you so much for taking the time, Jimmy, my "brother in arms".
Your comment is very soothing for me, I was a bit afraid in submitting something so emotional, I was feeling it was a bit out of place here.
But no, there's no discouragement, only work and real life take me now so much time I'm afraid I won't be able to polish that submission very soon.
And I'm not disappointed by most forumers neither, on the contrary I'm really glad to see mostly friendly, mature and sympathetic reactions. Only,though it doesn't concern me directly, I'd rather dislike reading some offensive posts about religion, racism, sexism, etc... Now, let's face it, as a female cigarette smoker who doesn't hide anymore I'm not politically correct ;)(Even if I never intended to be provocative) so I won't elaborate on this...
Best regards,and thank you a thousand times.
Linkiejj Thanks Jimmy2..For saying it all. >_> Don't Spoil please,its not very interesting now I know what happens. (considering I want to see it with my own eyes.)

I'm AWEFULL at Modpacks,never worked for me.

So Its to bad I can't see the good things.
Popeychops
Official Reviewer
this causes unexplained crashes :(
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating