Mod Packs » Aok in black and white and Sepia

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Aok in black and white and Sepia

Author File Description
Jatayu
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
This is Aok modded in black and white, along with a Sepia mod as well.

Screenshots are below.

Hope you enjoy it!

Custom installer is provided. Follow the instructions to install/uninstall.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Mash
(id: Mashek)
Staff
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.0
Quality/Instructions4.5
'Aok in black and white and Sepia' is a mod pack and converts Age of Kings to feature in black and white or sepia, which ever of the player's choosing. The modification is applicable both for the Age of Kings and the Conquerors.

USEFULNESS/NOVELTY: This is truly a wonderful mod pack, there are many uses for scenarios and/or cut-scenes that play in black and white or sepia. If only for creative merit, the new modification presents many opportunities for designers. This brings to mind classics such as 'Schindler's List', 'Nosferatu' and Akira Kurosawa's 'Seven Samurai'. Scenarios set in the past or in the gloomy surrounds of a ruined castle will find this modification ideal. This is a first of its kind, and saves the player changing the settings on his monitor. However, this is rather limited to its use due to the nature of the modification. 4.0

QUALITY/INSTRUCTIONS: The modification can be installed and uninstalled by the simple click of a button, the author providing a user-easy ".exe" interface whereby installation is hastle free. This makes it easier for anyone unwilling to go through the usual trouble of keeping a mod permanent on the computer. While the two selections of black and white and sepia come as two separate installation options, I was still very pleased with the quality of the two. Black and white looks stunning while in game. Aside from the obvious colour, you hardly notice any change, it runs smoothly, and the black and white does not infringe on game play. My only problem was that the sepia tone was a little hard on my eyes and brought out a lot of ethereal squares within the map design itself. This leaves here a lot to be desired, unfortunately - but I'm being picky. 4.5

CONCLUSION: I believe this has something for everyone, and should not be passed over.

In a sentence - Scenarios have literally just taken on a new face.

In closing - A must download.

[Edited on 09/29/16 @ 04:41 AM]

Pietja
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.0
Quality/Instructions4.0
This is indeed an innovation, but :

1. If would be an ultimate GREATNESS mod if it could somehow be triggered by triggers. Sepia or b/w on/off. THEN it would be the ultimate addition for modders.
2. Different types of water look funky in sepia.

Nevertheless, quite usefull mod.
Jatayu
Official Reviewer
File Author
I'm afraid there cannot be any triggering of B&W on-off. That would be just impossible ^.^

Thanks for the comments.
BairdPC could you please tell me all the features in sepia mod? and in b/w mod two?
is it safe to combine?
tupac20 how do i remove it from the game i dont want it no more but i dont know how i take it off
Dead_End As the mod involves an executable file, I do not believe it is as simple as replacing the altered datafiles with the original ones. I would imagine that reinstalling the game would solve your issues. (Try removing the game completely first and then installing it, instead of choosing the reinstall function in the setup.)
Jatayu
Official Reviewer
File Author
When you install the mod, there will be an uninstaller created in the Aok directory. Use that to uninstall.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.0
Quality/Instructions4.3
Statistics