Download File Post Review Post Comment

Jengar's Quest

Author File Description
Jecon
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Role Playing Strategy
Number of scenarios: 3
As Qlifrak is sweeping through an undefended Utara, he captures you and your friends, that was his first mistake.
Now you must step into the boots of Jengar, Yaren, Jortan, and Rentar as they try to save their homeland from the relentless invaders.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Mash
(id: Mashek)
Staff
Official Reviewer
Although there is improvement required in most fields, this has potential. The general outline of the project is quite good, if only that it needs more depth to add to the overall experience of game play. When you have to escape into the forest, there needs to be a penalty if the player decides to go back onto the main road where the characters' captors reside. Also, you need hold off units for your players, such as for "Prisoners" and "Rebels" to avoid the player defeated message in-game.

Because you are still updating this file, I have moved it from Single Player Campaigns to Single Player Projects where it is more suitable.

EDIT: Due to the latest Blacksmith revamp, all files with merely unfinished stories have been moved back to Campaigns and Single Player Scenarios. I have moved this file back to Campaigns.

[Edited on 09/06/10 @ 12:11 AM]

Dtrungle
Official Reviewer
Is this chapter 1 and 2? The maps I've played already?

How did you remove your old submitted file and submitted another file with the same content?
Buizel01fan i have a question.... when you defeat William (arena) how do you get jengar out?
Jecon
File Author
Oops, I forgot to check here, lol. Yes Dtungle it is. Thanks for telling me the problem Buizel01fan I didn't know that he was left in there. I'll fix that right away, and then update.

[Edited on 10/13/09 @ 10:19 PM]

Buizel01fan
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions3.0
I will tell you one thing... As a playtester I find that this map is very entertaining.... though you do still have some thing that need to be fixed

Playability: 4
Not much to say

Balance: 3
The balance is alright... but in the second mission, you need to put some more monks in there... out of all i did (before jengar got stuck) there were only 2 monks that heal you The Hermit and the monk from the distric that wants you to take out Siuer Betrand

Creativity: 5
I would never be able to think up something like this. Very Good

Map Design: 5
A bit big for a map but still very good. There are lots of areas that you can rest in to heal the heros from the 5 districts. But you might want to think of making it possible if Jengar and his pals can auto heal too incease the monk is to far away

Story/Instructions: 3
Pretty Basic Story/Instructions
Jecon
File Author
Thanks for the review, I am very surprised you gave it a 4.0, I didn't expect my first campaign to be to good. I am working hard on the third scenario, it should be done in the next few days.
Buizel01fan Really nice now..... alot better than before it seems to me
Jecon
File Author
Thanks, I fixed the monk glitch, a couple other glitches, and added a couple things that you have to explore to get.
Jatayu
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
Official Reviewer
It's actually quite a fascinating campaign.

I mean it's obviously sort of newbie work, with the map design, cliche storyline and lack of professionalism.. but I still enjoyed playing it. Might review it later. It's great for a first campaign.
swal is it the same relic near Duke D'Alencon? which is been asked to pick by harald?
when i pick that relic it says oh great something?
stuck there.. when i reach harald it gives me another monk saying earlier monk killed...
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0