Please login or register

Website Feedback
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Korean Wonder
posted 10-04-10 05:05 PM CT (US)   
The main site currently says that the Korean Wonder is the Chinese Porcelain Tower of Nanjing. Is this a confirmed fact or just an assumption? If it is the latter, may I suggest considering it could be the Gyeongbokgung Palace? It loks quite similar and it's actually located in Korea, and built during the 14th century, i.e. within the AoE2 timeline.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
Replies:
posted 10-04-10 07:39 PM CT (US)     1 / 11  
It's a possibility, but there's a lot of really tall buildings built in this style. :/

[This message has been edited by Espadachim (edited 10-05-2010 @ 06:28 PM).]

posted 10-04-10 09:39 PM CT (US)     2 / 11  
The Wikipedia AoK: The Conquerors article says the Korean wonder is the Hwangnyongsa. It seems like there's not much of an agreement on this topic...

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´

[This message has been edited by Leif Ericson (edited 10-04-2010 @ 09:40 PM).]

posted 10-05-10 06:02 PM CT (US)     3 / 11  
Yeah, there's a couple buildings that look remarkably close to what we have in AoK. And I have no idea which it really is.

- ک

Ladies and Gentlemen, wear sunscreen. If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be IT. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.

This message has been brought to you by procrastination and the letters K and V.
posted 10-06-10 00:23 AM CT (US)     4 / 11  
Aye, come to think of it this one probably isn't completely unique. But still, why pick one built in China when there's plenty to be found in Korea?

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi

[This message has been edited by Lord Basse (edited 10-06-2010 @ 00:36 AM).]

posted 10-06-10 03:31 AM CT (US)     5 / 11  
Very true...

I almost wonder if it is a hybrid or loosely based on another building.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 10-06-10 08:20 AM CT (US)     6 / 11  
Pagoda styled building are pretty common monuments in the Far East. There's a real lot to be found in Korea, another lot in China, another lot in Japan, etc.
posted 10-09-10 02:09 AM CT (US)     7 / 11  
most of the highly elevated places of east and south asia have such architecture. i have seen pagoda-shaped buildings in Kerala, which belongs south India....
posted 10-12-10 11:44 AM CT (US)     8 / 11  
It's a toss-up. When I was doing it, there were so many "Wonders" listed that weren't actually that significant, meaning the in-game wonders don't have to be real buildings at all, but representations of multiple buildings.

» Your attractive master.
» "Because I before E is a LIE!!!"
posted 10-12-10 12:23 PM CT (US)     9 / 11  
Aye, true that. But still, when you had to choose one, why pick one located in China and not Korea?

EDIT - if you were the one who chose it that is.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||

[This message has been edited by Lord Basse (edited 10-12-2010 @ 12:24 PM).]

posted 10-19-10 05:36 PM CT (US)     10 / 11  
Aye, true that. But still, when you had to choose one, why pick one located in China and not Korea?
It was a combination of my own research and the research of our lovely forumers. That was the closest thing we could come up with.

» Your attractive master.
» "Because I before E is a LIE!!!"
posted 10-20-10 02:49 AM CT (US)     11 / 11  
There are many such weird monuments for the civilisations. For instance, why do the Britons have Aachen cathedral, which is to say, located in Aachen, Germany and not Great Britain?
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Website Feedback » The Korean Wonder
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames