Please login or register

Age of Empires III Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AoE3 is OFFICIAL!
posted 02-08-04 03:39 PM CT (US)   

Quote:

News about Age of Empires 3 (Age of Discovery?)
6:37 pm EST | Raider_Rob

We've heard the rumours about the third part of popular series -Age of Empires - long ago and they gave rise to many incredible suppositions. But after the great announcement Age of Mythology nervouseness suddenly died and mass media forgotten about the third (at the moment it's well-known that Ensemble Studios is working at Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and Age of Mythology) extremely secret company elaboration. We were very surprised that exactly Age of Empires 3 became the third project that had not yet any announcement. To say the truth this time it changes it's old title to the new one Age of Discovery. Age of Discovery narrates about the age of geographical discoveries. An interesting fact is this project has been working out on the base of moverof Age of Mythology (that has been called AoE 3 after official announcement). Age of Discovery, that will include more than 50 mono missions and some very detaled nations, has been released only in Winter 2005. So Ensemble Studios will have enough time to "fix" all current projects - as I've said Age of Mythology and Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds (classical RTS in the universe of "Star Wars" that is created on the AoE 2 mover. They can for sure call this unofficial information about work out of the third part of Age of...the main point - Ensemble Studios that is after Blizzard and Westwood refused to usetwo-dimentional draw RTS and mastered the third measurement. What the result is we'll learn at the nearest future

Official comment about this news is from Stuart Moulder that is from the work out department of PC-games in Microsoft.

Here it is: "Yes, Ensemble Studios will work out the new game of Age of Empires series. This game will be based on historical things and will be correct in history (as against Age of Mythology). I can say nothing more - we are just at the very beginning of this project. And one more - we are discussing the title of Age of Discovery for the time being, so I wouldn't confirm that at the end it will be the same game name".

Source: Legion clansite

None of us are free, one of us is chained.
Replies:
posted 02-08-04 05:12 PM CT (US)     1 / 7  
Very good news.I've already seen that new a few days ago.
posted 02-08-04 05:44 PM CT (US)     2 / 7  
No doubt it won't be out for Mac for a while...

*grumbles*

*stomps off*

/// (¬, (¯\ (¯¹ ¯)¯ (¯) )¬,
\\\ ==============
/// AoKH Forumer

posted 02-08-04 07:28 PM CT (US)     3 / 7  
Nice. I've been waiting sincee I got here.

"The most important thing to do in your life, is to not interfere with somebody else's life." - Zappa
posted 02-08-04 09:06 PM CT (US)     4 / 7  
When was this posted?

Co-Author of the Aztec Civilization Outline for AoM.
Peter Jackson and Guillermo del Toro to do The Hobbit!
Chichén Itzá is one of the New 7 Wonders of the World!
posted 02-09-04 07:01 AM CT (US)     5 / 7  

Quoted from the topic post:

posted 02-08-04 03:39 PM EST (US)

Your guess is as good as mine.

"The most important thing to do in your life, is to not interfere with somebody else's life." - Zappa
posted 02-09-04 01:04 PM CT (US)     6 / 7  
No, I mean, when was this posted on the other site, cause it sounds old to me.

EDIT: Ok, it was posted January 26, 2004 on MFO. but there's a lot of different info. Apparently they are taking quotes out of old interviews, and assuming things that weren't announced.

Stuart Molder said ES would make AoE 3 "sometime in the future" when MS purchased ES. So, chances of this being real are 50-50. We probably won't know anything until March, or E3.

LINKS TO THE ORIGINAL STORIES:

http://www.rtscentral.com/aokHome.asp (Jan 26, 2004)
http://www.aoc-gaming.com/ (Jan 30, 2004)

Just scroll down, or once it is taken out of the home page, search for it with those dates.

Co-Author of the Aztec Civilization Outline for AoM.
Peter Jackson and Guillermo del Toro to do The Hobbit!
Chichén Itzá is one of the New 7 Wonders of the World!

[This message has been edited by Compa_Mighty (edited 02-09-2004 @ 02:14 PM).]

posted 02-11-04 11:23 AM CT (US)     7 / 7  
*resists urge to swear*

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Heavy_Swordsman<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Age of Empires III Discussion » AoE3 is OFFICIAL!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames