Please login or register

Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: My PC is about to meet Dr. Drastic of the Format Institute
posted 10-29-03 07:12 AM CT (US)   
Yeah, I'm gonna format it. I'm getting so sick and ****ing tired of this piece of crap crashing if I rename a folder, or run a game, or what else. Nothing seems to work anymore, but that's probably because I, like, ****ed it up by not minding the unwritten rules (keeping your registry clean, defragging every once in a while, having an up-to-date virusscanner a virusscanner, etc.). So, yeah. I might even reinstall AoC, for old times sake.

Luke Gevaerts » Website · YouTube · Backloggery

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that.
I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank Zappa

OD · AoKH
Replies:
posted 10-29-03 10:24 AM CT (US)     1 / 9  
You're lucky. My previous comp fried after I played too much of gta3 on it.

Quote:

I, like, ****ed it up by not minding the unwritten rules (keeping your registry clean, defragging every once in a while, having an up-to-date virusscanner a virusscanner, etc.).

Who has'nt.

Tsunami's most notorious designer
posted 10-29-03 11:51 AM CT (US)     2 / 9  

Quote:

Who has'nt.

I have. I usually have to reformat my PC when I delete important files or if there's just too much spyware installed.

[This message has been edited by DM (edited 10-29-2003 @ 11:51 AM).]

posted 10-29-03 02:59 PM CT (US)     3 / 9  

Quote:

So, yeah. I might even reinstall AoC, for old times sake and begin designing again.

I think that looks better.

*Sigh*

Oh well...

posted 10-29-03 05:38 PM CT (US)     4 / 9  
Alive again.

Luke Gevaerts » Website · YouTube · Backloggery

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that.
I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank Zappa

OD · AoKH
posted 10-31-03 09:48 PM CT (US)     5 / 9  
REINCARNATION!

BLITZBALL!
Fooly Cooly
Current Projects: Final Fantasy I .4%
Look out for recruiting of future Final Fantasy games by me
posted 11-01-03 05:57 AM CT (US)     6 / 9  
Yay.

Signed,
DaVe.
posted 11-01-03 10:15 AM CT (US)     7 / 9  
wow...that seemed fast...
posted 11-04-03 08:43 PM CT (US)     8 / 9  
Five minutes after reformatting and reinstalling Windows my computer crashed. I reformatted three times in one day...I just leave it alone now. But hey, I get to run AoK again so I'm happy. I might even get the courage to try and put Half-Life back on the silly thing, but I'm still too afraid I'd make it crash, burn and die a horrible death-again.
posted 11-05-03 09:33 PM CT (US)     9 / 9  
My old computer just plain out died, and will not be reincarnated.

BLITZBALL!
Fooly Cooly
Current Projects: Final Fantasy I .4%
Look out for recruiting of future Final Fantasy games by me
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » My PC is about to meet Dr. Drastic of the Format Institute
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames