Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Heavenly Art
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 13  Next Page »
posted 12-05-06 09:56 AM CT (US)   

Image by newIdea

----------What the hell is this?----------

Welcome to Heavenly Art, the ultimate art thread! While this may be in a games orientated forum, this is for art of all kind, in all formats. That means: pencil art, painting, graffiti, photography, movies, games (yes, in game art exists!), audio, 3D, sculpting, literature, CG... You name the artform, it belongs here!

Discussion on all art related topics is also welcome!

Note:After a discussion with Scud, I've decided to open the thread to literature too. So, if you have a short story, novel in progress, poem, or any other written art, feel free to share it here!

Note2: If anyone knows of any sites that are relevant to this topic, please feel free to share it with me! Any contributions to the TP are very welcome.

----------Spotlight on...----------

In this section, I will showcase a peice of art posted here in the thread which caught my eye for any particular reason. Art will remain here for as long as I feel like it Previous spotlight features will go into the Featured Artists section below the current showcased peice.

The current Spotlight is on...Shadowflare!

Refer to post 226

Our own Cherub Shadowflare has graced us mere mortals with some examples of his fine art! Above is a favourite of mine from his gallery, which can be found here.

Featured Artists

newIdea's Wizard Battle

Lord Fadawah's 3D Bookcase

newIdea's Waterfall

King Bob VI's Hand-drawn Lizard

Monk's Sketchup Tinkering

RinionsWebcomic

----------Da Rulez----------

• All artwork submitted in this thread must be your own unless otherwise clearly stated. Copyright infringement is illegal and any form of plagiarism will not be tolerated.
  • Criticism on other peoples work is to be constructive only. Just because someone has asked for criticism on his/her art, does not give anyone license to insult or flame them.
  • Any pictures posted here are limited to 50kb for in thread posts, while external links can be any size, provided size details are given along with a link. Posters are encouraged to provide both high resolution and low resolution imgages, but it is not compulsory.
  • The use of pirated software is strictly forbidden, and any use of which is a perma-ban offence, as per the CoC.

----------The Paint Box----------

An artists resource

Image and File Hosters

• http://www.imageshack.us
  • http://xs.to
  • http://www.photobucket.com*
  • http://www.putfile.com*

• http://www.rapidshare.com
  • http://www.filefactory.com/*
  • http://www.yourfilehost.com/
  • http://www.keepmyfile.com/+

* Requires Registration
    +Optional Registration

2D Computer Applications

• The GIMP A powerful free 2D image manipulator, on a par with PaintShop Pro. Used by amatures and proffesionals alike.
  • ArtRage 2 Painting application. Offers a free version.
  • Artweaver Photoshop like free art application. Fun and easy to use.
  • Project Dogwaffle Free Painting and Animation Software for PC by Dan Ritchie for people who love to Draw, Sketch, Animate and Paint.

3D Computer Applications

• Wings3D Easy to use and powerful 3D box modelling application. Simple intuitive GUI, with a small learning curve.
  • Blender Blender is the open source software for 3D modeling, animation, rendering, post-production, interactive creation and playback. Available for all major operating systems under the GNU General Public License. Steep learning curve.
  • Google SketchUp Simple but powerful 3D application designed to quickly and easily create 3D graphics in a simple "sketchy" interface. Aimed at architectual work. Small learning curve.
  • Anim8tor Simple 3D application. Still in development.
  • Bryce5 Free version of the comercial software by www.daz3d.com, powerful landscape generator and high end renderer. Medium learning curve.

Audio Computer Applications
    Refer to A Conclusive List of Audio Tools by Luke Gevaerts.

Literature Orientated Websites

• National Novel Writing Month, aka Nanowrimo

Webcomics

• Garfield Daily Garfield comic strips.
  • The Last Days of Foxhound The Last Days of Foxhound is a Metal Gear Solid parody, spanning all 3 episodes of the popular console games. Very funny (although I highly recomend starting from the beginning and playing the games).
  • NYC2123 Online graphic novel. Available in a specially formatted PSP version. Excellent.
  • Drunken Gamers Our own watchwoods webcomic. He's also seraph over at Halo Wars Heaven.
  • Sverd Shelgr A Inheritance Trilogy based webcomic. By our own Rinion. Very funny stuff!
  • Alt+Ctrl+Del Very funny webcomic. Link thanks to surgE
  • Order if the Stick Thanks to Rinion for the link
  • List of highest ranked Webcomics online Thanks to Rinion once again for the list

Usefull Links

• http://forums.cgsociety.org/ Dedicated CG art forums, covering all CG art forms. Industry hangout.
  • http://www.deviantart.com/ Popular art website. Provides user galleries on registration. From amature to professional.
  • Elfwood One of the worlds largest amateur SciFi & Fantasy art sites. link thanks to Snaily

[This message has been edited by kfish2oo2 (edited 02-26-2007 @ 11:36 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 12-05-06 10:25 AM CT (US)     1 / 304  
    So this will be our own little Arts forum, like the one in HG Main?
    Good. We need it!

__[]_________
    |||||||||||||||||
    The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
    OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
    ______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
    The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
    posted 12-05-06 10:49 AM CT (US)     2 / 304  
    Cool thread. I hope it stays afloat.

/// (¬, (¯\ (¯¹ ¯)¯ (¯) )¬,
    \\\ ==============
    /// AoKH Forumer

posted 12-05-06 11:21 AM CT (US)     3 / 304  
    *Is proud for "The Continuous Screenshot Competition II" got a mention and this thread is basically in it's mold*

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
    "Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
    "Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
    posted 12-05-06 11:26 AM CT (US)     4 / 304  
    Thanks for the (inadvertant) help Scud

"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"
                                Kfish2oo2
                          -*'`^"^`'*- =~
        '*-=~+,._.,+                      `^"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"
    posted 12-05-06 12:41 PM CT (US)     5 / 304  
    I'm confused, are we going to have weekly compitions like The Screenshot Comp or you just post some of your art work?

The Wall

coming soon
    posted 12-05-06 01:14 PM CT (US)     6 / 304  
    No, here you just post any art you've created. It can be anything at all, a drawing, painting, Photoshop, 3D work, a AOK screenie, anything. The whole point of this thread is to display your own work, ask for help/criticism, request a certain style or peice etc. Here's an example:

Now I could ask for criticism, opinions etc.

Kfish2oo2
                          -*'`^"^`'*- =~
    posted 12-05-06 01:45 PM CT (US)     7 / 304  
    OK it looks like a blob of colours and the text like green. You could perhaps make the text 0.01727 points smaller, that would look even better... etc. etc

__[]_________
    |||||||||||||||||
    ______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
    The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
    posted 12-05-06 01:51 PM CT (US)     8 / 304  
    How about forms of machinima, is allowed in the rules? (As in under copyright for your using the images in game etc.)

If so, *goes into The Sims 2 and trys to recreate forumers, mainly the tale of what would happen if Lord Basse and Scuddles shared a flat! ¬_¬*

"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia

[This message has been edited by Scud (edited 12-05-2006 @ 01:52 PM).]

posted 12-05-06 01:52 PM CT (US)     9 / 304  
    Does this count as art?

I'm Your Daddy
    92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
    Can't believe on back on this damned site again.
    posted 12-05-06 01:55 PM CT (US)     10 / 304  
    Machinima is a perfectly legit art form Just don't try and claim that you built the 3D environments, characters etc.

@Watchwood: Yup

Kfish2oo2
                          -*'`^"^`'*- =~
    posted 12-05-06 01:57 PM CT (US)     11 / 304  

Quote:

*goes into The Sims 2 and trys to recreate forumers, mainly the tale of what would happen if Lord Basse and Scuddles shared a flat! ¬_¬*

= A life of total chaos and basse-bashing

Interesting scenario however. Good luck.

__[]_________
    |||||||||||||||||
    posted 12-05-06 01:59 PM CT (US)     12 / 304  

Quote:

A life of total chaos and basse-bashing
    Interesting scenario however. Good luck.

Ok then Basse, look forward to seeing yourself in a little web-comic then Basse,

If you want to discuss how you look, get on msn!

posted 12-05-06 02:01 PM CT (US)     13 / 304  
    Cant right now, just have a few moments on the comp tonight (here its night soon)

But I'll try. I'll be on for maximum an hour more

__[]_________
    |||||||||||||||||
    posted 12-05-06 03:14 PM CT (US)     14 / 304  
    posted 12-05-06 03:30 PM CT (US)     15 / 304  
    Niiiice screenies! What campaign is that from newIdea?

Anyone willing to design a thread banner?

Kfish2oo2
                          -*'`^"^`'*- =~
    posted 12-05-06 03:51 PM CT (US)     16 / 304  
    1. Most of those are from screenie comps.

2. Possibly

dannyking.me

posted 12-05-06 04:13 PM CT (US)     17 / 304  
    Hmmmm... It seems my image will not display on the TP. Any ideas?

@newIdea: I want to see a few concepts/ideas, if you really are interested

Kfish2oo2
                          -*'`^"^`'*- =~
    posted 12-05-06 04:28 PM CT (US)     18 / 304  

Quote:

It seems my image will not display on the TP. Any ideas?

File size mabye?

posted 12-05-06 04:34 PM CT (US)     19 / 304  
    Neat thread!
    I doubt I will sink anytime soon.

I have been busy with, U know stuff , but I have played some more with sketchup.
    I complained about its lame rendering of detail, see this image, the crude black spots
    are actually groups of lines:
    [JPEG, (80.97 KB)]

But this looks OK I guess, and I admit I like to walk around in the model, and at this
    stage it doesn't lag too badly:
    [JPEG, (81.38 KB)]

EDIT:
    And I liked nIs wizard battle.

(\___/)
    (='.'=)
    ("}_("}
    "How does monk do it?" -Darkmaster
    Vote MONK in the 2012 AoKH Election

[This message has been edited by Monk (edited 12-05-2006 @ 04:37 PM).]

posted 12-05-06 04:37 PM CT (US)     20 / 304  
    Its 75Kb, that should display fine! Damn.

@Monk: Nice! Whats your workflow? The detail is very nice on your model

Kfish2oo2
                          -*'`^"^`'*- =~
    posted 12-05-06 04:39 PM CT (US)     21 / 304  
    *is back at TC suddenly*

I like this thread! I think I should show you guys some cartoons I've drawn. It's become kind of like my new hobby, finally replacing Age of Empires. I think that's a good thing, probably. Sorta.

This is Giovanni, a cartoon character I made that's become semi-famous at my school. The ladies love him.

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/8286/giovannish0.jpg

[This message has been edited by Saint Mungo (edited 12-05-2006 @ 04:56 PM).]

posted 12-05-06 04:50 PM CT (US)     22 / 304  
    Coolio St Mungo, me likes.

TP problem fixed! Image limit is 50Kb, so anything you want to display in a post must be 50kb or less. I recommend you use Artweaver, copy your image, paste it onto a 300x300 tile in Artweaver and save as a jpeg. The Spotlight on will now only display a partial section of the piece in the spotlight. I'll amend the TP now, and add a link to the full sized image under the pic.

Kfish2oo2
                          -*'`^"^`'*- =~

[This message has been edited by kfish2oo2 (edited 12-05-2006 @ 04:51 PM).]

posted 12-05-06 04:56 PM CT (US)     23 / 304  
    It's just because I found excellent drawings on the net, and the cathedral itself is such an excellent building:
    www.pitt.edu/~medart/menufrance/chartres/plandraw.html
    Plan:
    www.pitt.edu/~medart/image/france/france-a-to-c/chartres/df383cha.jpg
    Section:
    www.pitt.edu/~medart/image/france/france-a-to-c/chartres/de382ch2.jpg

With such detailed drawings it really wasn't much work, although I still don't quite agree with
    the interface.
    I just raised parts of the columns and walls from the plan, and topped off with a part of the
    section.
    So it's all just pen + push/pull tools, and then move component of course. The "floor" is
    the plan slighly toned in photoshop. Also using hide and x-ray is helpful. (in menu or left click pop-up)
    I could upload the model, but it's flawed, because I imported a scaled down version of
    the plan so the walls are inaccurate and needs to be redone.
    (I thought it would lag in the 1200x1600, but it seems to handle images well.)

(\___/)
    (='.'=)
    ("}_("}
    "How does monk do it?" -Darkmaster
    Vote MONK in the 2012 AoKH Election

[This message has been edited by Monk (edited 12-05-2006 @ 04:58 PM).]

posted 12-05-06 04:56 PM CT (US)     24 / 304  

I had 2 more eleborate designs, but they're sizes were too big to post as images. Personally, I like the simplcity of this one.

dannyking.me

posted 12-05-06 05:02 PM CT (US)     25 / 304  
    This may be art, mabye.

Anyway, do you really need to look up and be told what a human face is on the internet?

[PNG, (408.90 KB)]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 13  Next Page »
    Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Heavenly Art
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames