Please login or register

Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: We Bid Thee Farewell...
posted 08-28-08 04:48 AM CT (US)   
Unfortunately, three of our staff members are leaving our roster: Qazitory, newIdea and Gordon B. Qazitory has a busy schedule, newIdea has been increasingly busy in the real world as well (with limited net access to boot); we've attempted several times to contact Gordo, but we were unable to. All, of course, have "welcome home" tickets waiting for them whenever they want to join our team again, so with luck, this is only a temporary goodbye.

All three of you were valued members of our team, and you will be missed. I had a great time working with you guys, and I wish you only the best!

» Your attractive master.
» "Because I before E is a LIE!!!"
Replies:
posted 08-28-08 05:30 AM CT (US)     1 / 10  
Where have you buried them?

None of us are free, one of us is chained.
posted 08-28-08 06:13 AM CT (US)     2 / 10  
It's Night of the Long Knives all over again.

Seeya, guys...

Seriously, isn't it a bit... suspicious that some days after Aro got orange, three other high-standing forumers leave?

*shifty eyes*

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.

[This message has been edited by Quaazi (edited 08-28-2008 @ 06:39 AM).]

posted 08-28-08 09:28 AM CT (US)     3 / 10  
Good luck with whatever's keeping you busy, guys.

It seems weird, only having five different names on the main forum page now.

- ک

Ladies and Gentlemen, wear sunscreen. If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be IT. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.

This message has been brought to you by procrastination and the letters K and V.
posted 08-28-08 10:39 AM CT (US)     4 / 10  
I haven't seen any of those three around here in quite a while. Then again, Qaz and Gordon really just posted in G&SD and SD.

MY NAME IS GWAME I AM AOKH MEMBER SINCE 2004 AND I HAVE MANY POSTS
BEST SIG OF 2008 AND 2ND BEST SIG OF 2009 (SAME SIG LOLOL)
BEST SIG OF 2008
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap music. If you're on of the 8% that still listens to real music, copy this into your signature.
"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^" "Gwame your sig ain't funny nomore." - morgoth bauglir"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"
posted 08-28-08 11:24 AM CT (US)     5 / 10  
Damn, sad to see old faces leave... But that's life. Good luck guys, even though you won't read this thread.

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
posted 08-28-08 03:23 PM CT (US)     6 / 10  
Seriously, isn't it a bit... suspicious that some days after Aro got orange, three other high-standing forumers leave?
In this scenario, newely Seraphed Aro sends e-mails to all of the inactive staff members asking for their current situations, and if they have the time to continue working for the site. Two say they no longer have time (but may come back in the future), and one is unreachable. Certainly very suspicious.

I'm the chap who originally hired these guys and it sucks to see them go. I wish I knew if Gordo was OK; we have no idea what his situation is.
Good luck guys, even though you won't read this thread.
They might not, but I have a feeling we'll see them again in the future.

» Your attractive master.
» "Because I before E is a LIE!!!"
posted 08-28-08 07:47 PM CT (US)     7 / 10  
posted 08-29-08 10:34 AM CT (US)     8 / 10  
Aro, you shameless commie-like dictator! First you start purges like this and then promote close comrades like Scud to important posts. What's next?!

Stalin approves.

posted 08-29-08 09:16 PM CT (US)     9 / 10  
I'm the chap who originally hired these guys and it sucks to see them go. I wish I knew if Gordo was OK; we have no idea what his situation is.
He started playing AoE3, and spent increasingly less time here, until eventually he just vanished.

I wish I knew where he was. It's Berzerker Jerker all over again.
posted 09-01-08 09:13 PM CT (US)     10 / 10  
Hopefully they find time to sneak back here soon. Good luck in the meantime being understaffed, Aro.

Edit: I should read all of the open threads before posting.

(This space intentionally left blank.)

[This message has been edited by nav (edited 09-01-2008 @ 09:18 PM).]

Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » We Bid Thee Farewell...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames