Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Kings Mafia: Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 27 28 29  Next Page »
posted 11-03-12 10:04 AM CT (US)   
Age of Kings Mafia

"The honorable Theme Song"

Welcome, players, to Age of Kings Mafia.

Le Rules

• This game is closed communication. Unless the moderator tells you, you can't strategize with other players of this game outside of the game thread.
  • NEVER QUOTE ROLE E-MAILS. Paraphrase, but if you make any kind of direct quote, you will be mod-killed, and/or have you removed from your faction win.
  • NEVER EDIT YOUR POSTS. First time you do this will get you a warning. Second time, you will be vote-less for the day, the third will be a mod-kill.
  • Follow the Heavengames Code of Conduct at all times.
  • Always bold your votes and unvotes, if they are not bolded, they won't count. (Examples: Vote: Mithril Knight / Unvote Mithril Knight)
  • Do not estrategize at night, once a night post appears you may not talk anything gameplay relevant until the next day.
  • Please be active, if you are going to be away more than 72 hours, then inform this via e-mail or in the game thread.
  • Flavor in all the mod posts will not be gameplay relevant, unless explicitly told by the moderator.
  • The moderator is like this game's god. So what I say will always be right and/or true. I promise to not be a bastard mod. If you think I am wrong somehow, please tell to correct myself via e-mail.
  • You cannot WOLOLO or ROGGAN here, it's a right reserved for the moderator.
  • Any question you have, send them to dsd19951208(at)hotmail{dot}com

• Additional Information

Town = Coalition of Civilizations (aka. The Coalition)

Mafia = Alliance of Evil Civilizations (aka. The Alliance)

Any civilization is just as likely as any other to be scum, they were chosen randomly. For example, if the britons and franks are in the Alliance, it doesn't mean that West Europe civs are all in the mafia. There might exceptions to this.

Rushers are equivalents for any killer, be it mafia or town. They are used on both sides.

There is a mechanic involving the different types of rushers, roleblocks and the protections system. For more information, analyze the roles of dead players that had this attributes.

There may be a lot of roles with killing abilities in the game, don't be surprised by the number, this is not certain.

WE ARE CURRENTLY AT: Day 3, with 10 players alive, it take 6 votes to achieve a lynch.

Players at Agincourt Lobby

6. Dead_End
    8. fr_steve mk.2
    (replacing Vox Nihili)
    9. Carolkarine
    11. Slartibartfast mk.2
    (replacing Sarn)
    12. DraconianDevil
    18. Lazarus II

Players that were: Defeated/Kicked out of the Lobby

1. fr_steve, Coalition, 1-shot Iron, 1-shot Flawless Doctor
    2. Slartibartfast, Third Party, Faux-Unstoppable Serial Killer
    3. Mayank Sharma, Coalition, Scavenger
    4. Possidon, Coalition, Watcher

5. DEVESTATOR, Alliance, Infantry Rusher, 1-shot protection
    7. Popeychops, Coalition, Mason
    10. RedHandedJill, Coalition, Breaker

13. SirDante, Alliance, Ninja Roleblocker & Cavalry Rusher
    14. Felix36, Coalition, Full Doctor
    15. SodaMister, Alliance, Tracker & Archer/Cavalry Rusher
    16. Tadashi, Coalition, Vanilla Townie
    17. Matt Livecchi, Coalition, Cop

Players hoping to be invited into the Lobby (Replacements)

With Rotaretilbo's Seal of Approval: "Yeah, seems about right."

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
    My Works
    ¡Viva México!
    My Coat of Arms

[This message has been edited by Mithril Knight (edited 12-23-2012 @ 10:35 AM).]

Replies:
    posted 01-12-13 01:30 PM CT (US)     701 / 716  
    Unvote, vote: slart

"His name has to be sneezed out" - Aro
    "Slobberingbastardfart" - Scud
    "Slutty-barf-fast" - Mozzarella Man

You should join I am Jack's Mafia
    posted 01-12-13 01:51 PM CT (US)     702 / 716  
    The last remaining civilizations decided to have a final meeting, the last straw had to be taken out, as there was still a member of the Alliance hidden among them, the discussion prolonged for days, with nothing interesting happening, eventually, the remaining civilization, suspecting the Koreans, attacked their country, Their leader, Slartibartfast II knowing this was the end, decided to commit suicide. By the dusk, the dust settled. A soldier on the winning side, then brought to their leaders a strange symbol, it was one of the symbols from the Alliance. Their decision had been the correct one after all.

Slartibartfast, playing the Koreans, the Mafia Godfather of the Alliance, and 1-shot Iron has been lynched.

The Town faction, formed by... Carolkarine, Lazarus II, fr_steve, Possidon, RedHandedJill,Dead_End, Tadashi, Popeychops, DraconianDevil, Felix36, Matt Livecchi & Jetkill Fastmurder... won this game! Congratulations!

Set-up, conditions, night actions and a little write-up of my opinion of the game coming soon.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
    My Works
    ¡Viva México!
    My Coat of Arms

[This message has been edited by Mithril Knight (edited 01-12-2013 @ 02:18 PM).]

posted 01-12-13 01:59 PM CT (US)     703 / 716  
    AWESOME!!!
    Well done town!

"Then ready yourself Peter Pan, for I am Red Handed Jill"
    posted 01-12-13 02:02 PM CT (US)     704 / 716  
    Yahooooo! Get it! And who said the town was screwed?

"Vous vous rendez compte, la France est le seul pays au monde où l'on recycle toujours les mêmes hommes politiques, même lorsqu'ils ont échoué !" Nicolas Dupont-Aignan

AGE OF VOIVODS
    Still looking for DANISH, UKRAINIAN, LITHUANIAN and HUNGARIAN voices.
    posted 01-12-13 02:04 PM CT (US)     705 / 716  
    I called it guys. told you.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
    Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
    double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
    posted 01-12-13 02:12 PM CT (US)     706 / 716  
    Another win for me. I still blame the town for speedlynching me though.
    posted 01-12-13 02:12 PM CT (US)     707 / 716  
    Bah, I had no wriggle room! The three vigs were practically masons!

posted 01-12-13 02:24 PM CT (US)     708 / 716  
    SETUP

Alliance = Mafia - - - Coalition = Town

Aztecs – Coalition Mason 1 - Carolkarine

Britons – Coalition Archer Rusher - Lazarus II

Byzantines – Coalition 1-shot Iron/1-shot Doctor - Fr steve

Celts – Coalition Watcher - Possidon

Chinese – Coalition Jack of All Trades - Vox Nihili (Coldviper)
    <--- REPLACED BY fr_steve

Franks – Coalition Scavenger - Jetkill Fastmurder (Mayank Sharma)

Goths – Coalition Infantry Rusher - Dead_End

Huns – Alliance Cavalry Rusher/Roleblocker(Ninja) - SirDante

Koreans – 1-shot Iron/Alliance Godfather(Ghost) - Lord Sipia
    <--- REPLACED by Sarn <--- LATER REPLACED by Slartibartfast

Japanese – Coalition Vanilla - Tadashi

Mayans Coalition Mason 2 - Popeychops

Mongols Alliance Archer/Cavalry Rusher & Tracker - SodaMister

Persians – Coalition Cavalry Rusher - DraconianDevil

Saracens – Coalition Full Doctor - Mozzarella Man <--- REPLACED BY felix36

Spanish – Coalition Scout - Matt Livecchi

Teutons – Independent State (Faux-Unstoppable Serial Killer) - Slartibartfast

Turks – Coalition Breaker - RedHandedJill

Vikings – Alliance Infantry Rusher, 1-shot Protect - DEVESTATOR

Rusher: Equivalent of a Vigilante, they are specialized in one or two unit types, which are: Infantry, Archers & Cavalry. They are only able to attack with one unit type if they have multiple specializations. Rushers that can attack in any of the three forms are called All-Round.

Breaker:
    Role that can “break” or cancel passive abilities at Night and power-up the rusher kills, useful to find godfathers or making unstoppable kills.

Independent State:
    Equivalent of a Serial Killer, it attacks in all three unit types at the same time. If certain conditions are met, then it can join the Coalition as an All-round Rusher.

Scout: Same thing as the standard game Cop.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
    My Works
    ¡Viva México!
    My Coat of Arms
    posted 01-12-13 02:29 PM CT (US)     709 / 716  
    CONDITIONS

Franks’ Technologies:
    +Fortified Walls (Protection from a random unit type)
    +Bearded Axe (Kill/Infantry type)
    +Squires (Track)
    +Atonement (Roleblock with random unit types)

Goths are immune to archer attacks.

For the Teutons, to get offered to join the Coalition the player must:
    +Be protected by the town at least one night.
    +Reveal its true role as an Independent State (Serial Killer) in the game, not fakeclaim.

The full doctor has to choose two types of unit to protect from at night; therefore, it cannot protect completely its target.

The Byzantine, Viking and Chinese Protections can save from all three types of unit.

Iron status protects from all three types of unit.

The mafia can only use one of the rushes from only one of its members at a time.

The Mongols can only track or attack at night.

The Chinese kill is Archer type.

The Huns have to either block or kill at night.

The Vikings, however can protect and attack in the same night.

Roleblock mechanics are normal for all actions except kills; they can only block 2 out of the three unit types and they must be chosen by the player blocking each night.

If two roleblocks are sent mutually between two players, then whoever sent his first, will gain the upper hand and will cancel the other.

When the Scout investigates:
    +Town = Ally (Innocent) in Green
    +Scum (except SK) = Enemy (Guilty) in Red
    +Third Parties = Neutral (Third Party) in Brown

If only the Korean player is the only mafia member alive, then he will earn infantry/archer rusher ability, so the mafia can keep killing at night. He can only attack with either at night.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
    My Works
    ¡Viva México!
    My Coat of Arms
    posted 01-12-13 02:35 PM CT (US)     710 / 716  
    Age of Kings Mafia Actions' Script

Night 0

Sarn replaced Lord Sipia

Slartibartfast kills SirDante (3 types)
    Dead_End kills Sarn <--- (Infantry), fails due to 1-shot Iron
    RedHandedJill breaks passives on Popeychops <-- Fail, no passive action
    Matt LiVecchi investigates fr_steve <-- Result: Innocent
    Possidon watches RedHandedJill
    SodaMister tracks fr_steve <--- Did nothing
    DEVESTATOR kills Popeychops <--- (Infantry)
    SirDante blocks Vox Nihili <--- Blocks no action

Day 1

Felix36 replaced Mozzarella Man

Lynch: Slartibartfast

Night 1

Slartibartfast replaced Sarn

Dead_End kills fr_steve (Infantry)<--- breaks Iron
    Possidon watches fr_steve
    Lazarus II kills fr_steve (Archers)<--- Sucess
    Jetkill Fastmurder gives Squires to Matt LiVecchi
    fr_steve protects Matt LiVecchi
    Felix36 protects Matt LiVecchi
    MattLiVecchi investigates RedHandedJill <--- Innocent
    RedHandedJill breaks passives on Vox Nihili <--- Fail, no passive action
    DraconianDevil kills fr_steve (Cavalry)<--- Fail, he was already killed above
    SodaMister kills Felix36 <--- (Cavalry)

Day 2

Lynch: Tadashi

Night 2

RedHandedJill breaks passives on Slartibartfast <--- Sucess
    DEVESTATOR protects itself
    Matt LiVecchi investigates Slartibartfast
    Lazarus II kills DEVESTATOR (Archers) <--- fail, protection
    Mayank Sharma uses Fortified Walls on Matt LiVecchi (Protect from Archers)
    Possidon watches Matt LiVecchi
    Sodamister tracks Possidon
    DEVESTATOR kills Matt LiVecchi (Infantry) <--- Sucess
    DraconianDevil kills DEVESTATOR (Cavalry) <--- Sucess
    Dead_End kills DEVESTATOR (Infantry) <--- fail, he was already killed

Day 3

Lynch: Jetkill Fastmurder

Night 3

fr_steve replaces Vox Nihili

Lazarus II kills Possidon <--- Sucess
    Dead_End kills SodaMister <--- Sucess
    fr_steve investigates SodaMister
    RedHandedJill breaks passives on Lazarus II <---Fail, no passives
    DraconianDevil kills Possidon <---Fail, already killed
    SodaMister kills RedHandedJill (Cavalry) <--- Sucess
    Possidon watches fr_steve

Day 4

Lynch: Slartibartfast

The Town wins.

/end

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
    My Works
    ¡Viva México!
    My Coat of Arms
    posted 01-12-13 03:09 PM CT (US)     711 / 716  
    Well, good job town.

D E V A S T A T O R
    Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
    Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
    My AoE2 Youtube Channel
    posted 01-13-13 01:48 AM CT (US)     712 / 716  
    posted 01-13-13 02:09 AM CT (US)     713 / 716  
    Comments on performances? I think I did really well at the beginning.
    (Lazarus you a player in the map game: 13th century and need to reply there)
    posted 01-13-13 10:12 PM CT (US)     714 / 716  
    OPINION OF THE MODERATOR FOR THIS GAME

I will make this write-up very quick.

I think this is not a very fair victory from the town, they ran with a lot of luck, and I am thinking the mafia performed way better than the town.

First off, the town fought constantly over evidence without analyzing it, which was the cause of one of their mislynches, the one of Mayank, you stubbornly didn't listen to his reasons, and then just outright speed-lynched him, losing an important role.

Another problem for the town was steve's behavior on his first incarnation as the Byzantines. His role was basically a back-up doctor, and his strength relied for the late game, in case the real doctor got killed (which happened), but his stubborn behavior earned him the grudge of the whole player base of this game, and so his death was based solely hatred-driven while the mafia rejoiced for getting rid of a powerful role. In the end they killed one of their own teammates, and one of the most important roles to keep the Cop alive. Vox's inactivity was also heavily felt, as he was the JoaT, and did no actions at all, he made no relevant participation in-game until I got someone to replace him in the last day, being that person, Steve, but it still didn't help, as his investigation, the only night action he could send, went to a player targeted by a killer that night, and so that was useless.

The mafia would should have won if it wasn't because Dead_End was lucky on all his attacks. He was able to hit two mafioso in a row (almost three). This game would definitely had been much more difficult for the town to win if he hadn't run with such luck, so in the end he was the savior of the Town.

Now, the mafia was playing very good, but had a very long number of misfortunes, beginning with SirDante's staple blind kill, that took out their roleblocker, and then a sucession pretty bad claims and inactivity, Dev got lynched for not looking properly at the tidbits of info I was spilling around the game's mechanics, which got him into trouble, and Sodamister was night-killed for being inactive, and though Slarti played good as the Godfather, in the end he was caught up for his over the top and unbalanced claim.

Their kills were very sucessful and were really accurate, hitting the most dangerous and important players of the town right from the start, first killing off a mason, though that was luck, they got rid of Popey who had the potential to lead the town later on, and was mason to CK, who is also a good town player. Then they were able to push for the SK's lynch and were due the hatred to steve, they killed a powerful role in the night along with the Doctor, and so the town lost all protection abilities they had until very late into the game, when I finally could replace Vox. After taking out the doctor, they went for the Cop, and had the luck to slip Slarti out of the spotlight, while the town ganged-up on Tadashi for foolishly lying. The next night they were able to save Slarti from a lynch by killing the Cop(though they lost Dev that night), and then again, they escaped suspicion when the town speed-lynched Mayank. After that their luck ran out completely, Dead_End shot Sodamister and the town followed Carol, the only "confirmed townie", lynching Slarti, in the only moment of the game where some actual though and logic went into the game to try and find scum, hitting the last nail in the coffin for the mafia.

Slarti, while playing as the Serial Killer, played awfully his flavor, which resulted in his lynch, what he did not say, was that he could JOIN the town, he even didn't not care to try explaining it as a last ditch attempt to survive, and so he lost as a SK. And actually, Slart would technically be a double loser, because he also lost endgame with the mafia, even though he played decently as godfather, in the end his fakeclaim was not even to cut it.

These are my thoughts of the game, feel free to argue.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
    My Works
    ¡Viva México!
    My Coat of Arms
    posted 01-13-13 10:17 PM CT (US)     715 / 716  
    I was the only confirmed townie

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
    Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
    double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
    posted 01-14-13 01:03 AM CT (US)     716 / 716  
    The town would never have let the sk join them.

As godfather I found myself in an unnegotiable position due to the number of players who were mutually confirmed. The three vigs we're, as I said, virtually masons.

[This message has been edited by Slartibartfast (edited 01-14-2013 @ 11:34 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 27 28 29  Next Page »
    Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Age of Kings Mafia: Game Thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames