Mouse hotkeys:

Middle Mouse Button = Go To Town Centre

Scroll Down =

1. Create Villiager - When TC highlighted
  2. Queue Farms - When Mill highlighted
  3. Villager Build - When Villager/s highlighted
  4. Build Farm - When "build economic buildings" clicked
  5. Patrol - When Military units highlighted
Sounds complicated, but its easy - Scroll down once for villager build economic buildings, and scroll down again to make a farm. To queue farms, highlight a mill and scroll down.

Scroll Up =

1. Garrison - When units highlighted
  2. Back To Work - When TC/Castle/Tower highlighted
  3. Build House - When "build economic buildings" clicked
Highlight the units you want to garrison and scroll up, when enemy has gone, scroll up again to get back to work. Also, when you scroll down and then scroll up, you build a house.

Keyboard Hotkeys:

. = Idle Villager
, = Idle Military
Num Del = Delete unit/object - this is very important because when my delete button was "delete", I kept deleting my stuff when I chat =(

Go to Buildings:

Military Buildings:
U = Archery Range
I = Barracks
O = Stable
P = Castle
[ = Siege Workshop
] = Dock

Economic Buildings:
H = Blacksmith
J = University
K = Market
L = Monastery
B = Lumber Camp
N = Mining Camp
M = Mill
T = Secondary TC hotkey (middle mouse button is my main TC hotkey)

These are useful for researching technologies because sometimes you forget where you put your blacksmiths or its quicker to get to them this way.

Create Units:

These are the "primary" units of each building imo, so they all are hotkeyed as Scroll Down - I know this belongs in the "mouse hotkeys" section, but I put it here so its slightly less confusing (I think).

Primary Units:
Scroll Down = Archers, Militias, Knights, Galleys, UUs, Scorpions, Monks, Trade Carts

Secondary Units:
Scroll Up = Skirmishers, Spearmen, Scouts, Fireships, Trebuchets, Mangonels, Missionaries

Tertiary Units:
/ = Cavalry Archers, Eagle Warriors, Camels, Cannon Galleons, Petards, Rams

Quarternary Units:
; = Hand Cannoneers, Huskarls, Demolition Ships, Bombard Cannons

To mass units, just press the hotkey for the building you want and then the hotkyey to create the unit you wish to mass, for example, to champ flood: W, Scroll down, W, Scroll down, W, Scroll down, etc. - same with all other units/buildings.

Others:
# = Flare
Enter = Chat
' = Go to last notification
/ = Build Palisade - This hotkey is used for those emergency times when you need to drop palisades and you only got seconds to think. It is "/" the same as build military buildings because its easy to access and I can hit "/" twice to quickly drop palisades.

The main keyboard hotkeys I need are "," "." and "/"

_Chichiri_

[This message has been edited by Chichiri (edited 08-26-2002 @ 05:07 AM).]

Replies:
posted 02-13-02 01:55 AM CT (US)     1 / 15  
Use brackets instead of the little arrow things.
posted 02-13-02 02:08 AM CT (US)     2 / 15  
I posting my hotkeys here b4 MFO decides to delete my hotkey post over there

MFO deleting all the old posts nooooooo all my work! lol

And warlord tito, I copiedmy post at mfo so it was those <> brackets, I had to edit each <> to [] and it was boring and instead of "<font color="navy"> I had to change em all to "[c=navy]" bleh.

posted 02-13-02 11:00 AM CT (US)     3 / 15  
Get your 20 in 20 posts as well. They shouldn't be lost.

So do you right-click with your ring finger or your middle finger? Seems like you'd pretty much have to keep your middle finger on the center wheel.

Can you use Shift-scroll down to build 5 champions? The real question here is, will shift work with a mouse click?

Do you have military stances hotkeyed?

For the palisade, do you:
1) select a villager and press ;
-or-
2) select a villager, scroll down, and press ; ?

posted 02-13-02 01:07 PM CT (US)     4 / 15  
my 20/20 posts are gone, MFO beat me to it

And its select vill, scroll down and then ; - (i think - never tried select vill and then ; b4)

posted 02-13-02 01:56 PM CT (US)     5 / 15  
Chichiri...........

Those look good. I will have to try them out to see if they can help my speed!

This is IT, That is ALL!
AOKH Ladder Standings
AOKH AOE III Forum
AOKH Training Camp
Zone Name: DarkSide_of_Day
posted 02-13-02 03:01 PM CT (US)     6 / 15  
You should use hotkeys to build most common buildings (well, maybe you don't need them, but I sure do). The num pad can serve double duty there (like badguy_001's with a lot of additions)

Num zero = build economic
Num "." = build military, then:

1 = house
2 = farm
3 = mill
4 = lumber camp
5 = mine
6 = dock
7 = barracks
8 = range
9 = stable
/ = smith
* = TC
- = palisade
+ = tower

The best thing is there is a shift key just a few inches over from the numpad, making multiple buildings a cinch. If you use the mousewheel for house and farm, add Siege workshop and Castle to the above list. You don't have to hit ctrl + anything to build, either. These hotkeys are set up so you don't have to press two keys at once (exception: shift). I do manually build the rest, but those buildings either aren't needed in feudal where every second counts, and I don't need more than a couple in any case.

And you can double the numpad for military micro:

1 = aggressive
2 = defensive
3 = stand ground
4 = no attack
5 = line formation
6 = box
7 = stagger
8 = flank
9 = guard
- = patrol
+ = stop

This really is helpful; say four scouts show up to kill off your 20 skirms, and your spears are already dead. With the skirms selected, press numpad 8. The skirms spilt up into two groups. Now use the mouse the grab the side the scouts are following, which will autmomatically flank up again and split into an even smaller group, and repeat until the scouts are only following 2-4. Send the rest to safety. I call this the "flank and scatter" tactic. It's much faster to do it with hotkeys (really easy to do), as he has to individually mouse click each scout to follow each group (because he almost always just targets 1 skirm with his group initially, and hitting "stop" for auto target is a poor option against fleeing troops). When the skirms are safe press they group hotkey you gave them, then 5 and they line up nice again. Works well for any group that's going to get run down.

posted 02-13-02 04:25 PM CT (US)     7 / 15  
Hmm...

TVB_LongBow/VinegaryFlea
"I hat longbow"--Stark_Zero
TVB CLAN
"Because you're the voice of reason, and plus I figured you'd like the blinking light on top."--_parlous_provost
Please note that LongBow and Associates Condones, Practices and will train people to flame. It also helps promote any drug use that could possibly be amusing, Russian roulette and Gambling
posted 02-13-02 07:22 PM CT (US)     8 / 15  
Cool, the mouse wheel is really useful. I might try that.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
posted 02-14-02 00:43 AM CT (US)     9 / 15  
Matei....dies

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
posted 02-14-02 03:16 AM CT (US)     10 / 15  
Chichiri , i c you make some improvements from the last article you write at MFO, good work.
/T
posted 02-14-02 04:21 AM CT (US)     11 / 15  
I wanna know where some of your hands are placed.... Vulcano, my hands are placed near the middle/bottom section of the keyboard most the time... cos the position im sitting makes it more comfortable there. My index finger is on the idle vill button, and my middle finger on the idle military one. I always hit these 2 hotkeys (I hit them so muc, I dont even realise im doing it). Thats why I dont usualy have idle vills, cos the style I play is to keep all those idles working. The only problem with my style is it takes time away from my military micro, which is very important
Thats probably why I'm not up there with "the elites". My micro aint that great when playing in normal games, cos im more of an eco manager.
However, my micro is good if there wasnt a economy to manage (scenarios lol).

I dunno which is better to maximise my time on, eco management or micro

posted 02-14-02 11:13 AM CT (US)     12 / 15  
Chichiri, do you have a thumb button on your mouse? I've got two buttons on the left side of the mouse body that I can hit with my thumb... the main one is my idle vil button, which is quite nice.

Only one problem... if I get more than about 30 idle vils, the thumb button doesn't work. I have to use the . key in that situation. Strangely, in SWGB, it only takes about 10 idles to do that.

So maybe I ought to switch to a key.

posted 02-14-02 11:19 AM CT (US)     13 / 15  
Dang, the 20 in 20s were good. Perhaps I'll write one up for Teutons and submit it for the University here.

If the MFO posts are going, we ought to start the library over. We could have a big forum contest for making the best article for drush, skirms, m@a, grush, fire ship, knight, overpowering mid-castle attack, etc.

posted 02-14-02 11:56 AM CT (US)     14 / 15  
LOL, I couldn't remember all this even I tried,

for champflood I just use CTRL-B SHIFT S

"It has been difficult because we have so often been on the attack and not had the opportunity to defend" Yannick Jauzion.
posted 02-14-02 01:57 PM CT (US)     15 / 15  
Chichiri: I see what you are saying. All of my hotkeys are to the right of "L", almost all of yours are to the left. Makes sense not to use the numpad. However, you still have 10 letters and the brackets "][" not in use. Why not use those for your military/economic build commands? Your build command is over there "/", and your fingers are right below them all the time as you mentioned. It would be much more logical if your building commands were there as well. You still won't have to hit two keys at once, so it might look something like this (as you already have farm and house):

Y = build mill
U = build lumber camp
I = build mining camp
O = build TC
P = build blacksmith
J = build barracks
K = build archery range
L = build stable
M = build dock
N = build siege workshop
[ = build monastery
] = build tower (or market, up to you)

Just trying to offer some ideas, as this kind of layout has vastly improved my game. You don't need that kind of improvement, but hey, it's all right there!

Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussion » My Hotkeys
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames