General and Strategy Discussion
Moderated by John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Huitzilopochtli: The Aztec Thread
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 05-14-02 07:12 PM CT (US)   
Huitzilopochtli was the Aztec god of war, their sun god, and chief deity.

This will be a links page for posts on Aztecs, similar to Hunters All Their Lives for Mongols, Jihad for Saracens and Turks and Kagemusa for the Japanese.

I take requests. Anybody who can recommend an Aztec thread, please do so.

-------------------------

Aztec's Castle Age-- Went into a long discussion of the relative merits of Eagle Warriors and siege. Aztecs excel at both.

Aztecs vs Byzantines in imperial -- What's an Aztec to do when he's let a Byz player get away from him and get into Imperial? Besides learn hard lessons from the mistake. This is a popular topic. The thread was preceded days earlier by Aztec vs. Byzantine

Goths vs. Aztecs -- This thread answered its core question pretty quickly, then turned into a good debate on whether monks are useful or not.

viking or aztec champs? -- An outstanding thread that took up the question, How about the Japanese.?

Question about Aztecs? (dm and rm related) -- Much deathmatch stuff, but some decent random map points are made.

Aztec Klew -- The patch gave Aztecs more speed, making them quite comparable to the Mayans in this risky strategy. But can it work in time to fight the flush? Discussion turned toward a very fast siege rush for Aztecs and other civs.

Eagle Warriors -- Funny little post about the animation of eagles turns to serious discussion of the unit's merits.

Alternatives to the Huns? -- Not Aztec-specific, but very detailed and long.

Need some help with the Aztecs........ -- A couple of simple questions turn into a very nice discussion of the mysteries of Aztec food gathering, including Flank's force-drop minimization techniques on sheep, and my own "Two vill, no-mill" deer hunting suggestion.

Aztec Navy, underated. -- Nice post that shows the Aztecs would be overpowered on water if they had a decent array of ships.

I am looking for someone with unbelievably fast hands and amazing micro to help me develop a 2v2 strategy -- An intricate but fascinating strategy idea for an Aztec-Mongol team. Will probably be an expert's strategy even if it works, though. Still, raises the interesting possibility of an Aztec-Mongol team with the Mongol concentrating on scouts by using hunting food. Very promising.

Dropping deer meat at his gold/stone with twin towers. -- A very interesting trick where somebody towers up an opponent's gold, steals that gold by the handful for Castle transition and eagles, and collects 360 food at the same time.

Aztec Rax-first attack -- Bean Counter's interesting, very fast militia attack. Worked well against intermediate players, author says.

--------------------------

The impact of Wheelbarrow, Hand Cart, and the Aztec carry bonus on farming (Revised) -- Believe it or not, the benefit of the carrying bonus on farming was once in dispute. this post helped resolve that.

CHICHIRI’S RECOMMENDATIONS
The comments are Chi’s.

Rahl's farm sharing strat (involves aztecs):

My Aztecs civ guide
(ugh, I jus read it and I think so much differently now , firstly I don’t think trushing is lame anymore ):

Mass Eagle Attack -- (25 EWs with both blacksmith armor upgrades, forging and tracking @ 20mins):

Flank's aztecs drush!:

Shadow's Aztec civ guide:

Another aztec civ guide:

Jaguar Warrior:

==================

Ceorl Games (Recommended by Longbow)

http://www.rtscentral.com/Library.asp?Action=DOWNLOADFILE&OutlineId=0&PostingId=&hdr=&FileId=2 6306

http://www.rtscentral.com/Library.asp?Action=DOWNLOADFILE&OutlineId=0&PostingId=&hdr=&FileId=2 6307

http://www.rtscentral.com/Library.asp?Action=DOWNLOADFILE&OutlineId=0&PostingId=&hdr=&FileId=2 6308

http://www.rtscentral.com/Library.asp?Action=DOWNLOADFILE&OutlineId=0&PostingId=&hdr=&FileId=2 6337

http://www.rtscentral.com/Library.asp?Action=DOWNLOADFILE&OutlineId=0&PostingId=&hdr=&FileId=2 4917

If this was 1250 AD, your civ would be in Mongolia.
I'm single-player only, so I know nothing. Ain't free speech great?
Hunters all their lives - Mongols, CavArchers & Hussars
Kagemusa - Japanese links
Civs for a new player & Arch Enemies

[This message has been edited by Doug Thompson (edited 10-28-2002 @ 00:52 AM).]

Replies:
posted 05-14-02 07:19 PM CT (US)     1 / 31  
Huitzilopochtli is amazingly similar to Zeus or Jupiter in Aztec Mythology, in many ways; of course Zeus wasn't god of war.

Co-Author of the Aztec Civilization Outline for AoM.
Peter Jackson and Guillermo del Toro to do The Hobbit!
Chichén Itzá is one of the New 7 Wonders of the World!
posted 05-14-02 08:47 PM CT (US)     2 / 31  
Rahl's farm sharing strat (involves aztecs):
http://www.rtscentral.com/readPosting.asp?hdr=&PostingId=401150

My Aztecs civ guide (ugh, I jus read it and I think so much differently now , firstly I dont think trushing is lame anymore ):
http://www.rtscentral.com/readPosting.asp?hdr=&PostingId=433130

Mass Eagle Attack (25 EWs with both blacksmith armor upgrades, forging and tracking @ 20mins):
http://www.rtscentral.com/readPosting.asp?hdr=&PostingId=537800

Flank's aztecs drush!:
http://www.rtscentral.com/readPosting.asp?hdr=&PostingId=488869

Shadow's Aztec civ guide:
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&s=f8L/RoI6ELcS.&f=1,23951,1,0

Another aztec civ guide:
http://aok.heavengames.com/university/articles/79.shtml

Jaguar Warrior:
http://www.rtscentral.com/readPosting.asp?hdr=&PostingId=487103

posted 05-14-02 09:57 PM CT (US)     3 / 31  
Now that's a good start. Thanks, Chi.

posted 05-14-02 10:23 PM CT (US)     4 / 31  
Didn't Bean Counter have a pretty good Aztec Drush over at MFO, or did's Flank's supercede it?

Also, somebody else over at MFO did an Aztec attack that involved killing deer, towering the enemy's gold and building a mining camp at that gold, which deposited the deer food?

Guess I'll ask at MFO.

posted 05-14-02 10:52 PM CT (US)     5 / 31  
yea, thrandor posted that idea, I cant find it tho

edited: I did a search thing at MFO and searched for posts made by thrandor in the strat forum, and searched thru 150 posts and still couldnt find it bleh, maybe it wasnt thrandor :/

[This message has been edited by Chichiri (edited 05-14-2002 @ 11:35 PM).]

posted 05-15-02 00:00 AM CT (US)     6 / 31  
Ahh. You were so close.

It wasn't trandor. It was troyounce.

Dropping deer meat at his gold/stone with twin towers.

And here's BC's

Aztec Rax-first attack

[This message has been edited by Doug Thompson (edited 05-15-2002 @ 00:02 AM).]

posted 05-15-02 00:45 AM CT (US)     7 / 31  
ahhhhhhhh bleh, how did u find out it was troyounce?
posted 05-15-02 02:32 AM CT (US)     8 / 31  
he can read minds, dude!
posted 05-15-02 09:03 AM CT (US)     9 / 31  
Chi: searched for the word "towers." Not "tower," because I remembered he put up two.

[This message has been edited by Doug Thompson (edited 05-15-2002 @ 09:17 AM).]

posted 05-15-02 10:19 AM CT (US)     10 / 31  
Ahh...I'll male an update to my ultimate aok guide soon.

Give me money, and I might feel generous enough to say something kind.
--My The Ultimate AOK Guide--
--My The Ultimate AOM Guide
posted 05-15-02 10:26 AM CT (US)     11 / 31  
Sorry I don't have a link to it or remember the author, but at MFO there was a post about having 7 M@A in enemy woodpit at 11 minutes.

I copied the build order and have it printed off, but don't have the source. Anyone remember that?

posted 05-15-02 03:23 PM CT (US)     12 / 31  
Aztec carry bonus and farming: http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,25175,0,all

Machiavelli's tables are better (they cover all resources, not just farming, from memory) so if you find those link them instead. I couldn't, but I only spent three minutes looking.

TheShædøwDåwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
posted 05-15-02 03:29 PM CT (US)     13 / 31  
Um, as for requests, how about doing china next? They have this wacko start and the cheap techs, but lack military bonuses. I'm trying to learn them because of their team bonus. I figure that since the problem with mongol+chinese+someone else teams is finding a chinese player, i can contribute more to team games by being that chinese player, but i'm having trouble even beating the computer as them because i don't know how to work their castle-imp military efficiently.

As a public service I present Doug Thompson's civ thread collections:
Saracen/Turk Mongols Japanese Persians
posted 05-15-02 05:23 PM CT (US)     14 / 31  
Thanks, Shadow.

Nabrimn, if you figure that one out you will be one very popular team player.

Doesn't Chichiri have a very strong knight rush for the Chinese?

I really enjoy going scouts/light cav and cavalry archers with the Chinese. Cheap food makes for plenty of scouts during castle transition. Cheap upgrades means an efficient economy much faster, and that the cavalry archers get the upgrades they need fast. Also, the light cav get armor and attack upgrades . A few camels also help against those pesky knights.

[This message has been edited by Doug Thompson (edited 05-15-2002 @ 05:48 PM).]

posted 05-15-02 06:12 PM CT (US)     15 / 31  
This thread on Meso-civs might be good to include, but up until herehttp://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=st&fn=3&tn=28901&f=3,28901,0,&st=70 it is just an argument between observant people and political correctness hacks, and after a couple of pages it returns to argument, but After i asserted that the mesos, and 'Teks especially suffered from a lack of good trash units some of the people who corrected me were actualy pertinent.

The link should go to the page where meaningful stuff starts getting said.

As a public service I present Doug Thompson's civ thread collections:
Saracen/Turk Mongols Japanese Persians
posted 05-16-02 01:58 AM CT (US)     16 / 31  
i think ur talking about woogy's chinese knight rush? That was pre patch, and is VERY different from now since that missing 50 food at start :/
posted 05-16-02 08:58 AM CT (US)     17 / 31  
Drat. How the mighty have fallen.

posted 05-16-02 09:47 AM CT (US)     18 / 31  
Doug, want me to plagiarize that 7 in 11 Aztec M@A strat? I've got it written down at home, but have been unable to figure out the author.
posted 05-16-02 10:27 AM CT (US)     19 / 31  
Please do. We'll credit it to the "Unknown Aztec."

posted 05-16-02 01:10 PM CT (US)     20 / 31  
You must link to some Ceorl games on this........I will get the links if you want them.

TVB_LongBow/VinegaryFlea
"I hat longbow"--Stark_Zero
TVB CLAN
"Because you're the voice of reason, and plus I figured you'd like the blinking light on top."--_parlous_provost
Please note that LongBow and Associates Condones, Practices and will train people to flame. It also helps promote any drug use that could possibly be amusing, Russian roulette and Gambling
posted 05-16-02 02:15 PM CT (US)     21 / 31  
Longbow; Please do.

posted 05-24-02 09:58 AM CT (US)     22 / 31  
Here's that Aztec 7 m@a in enemy wood in 11 mins build:
sheep
7-mill/berries
11-stragglers
15-forward barracks
16-food
22-gold (no camp)
Feud button
1 more to gold, 2 hunters to deer
Halfway through feud transition, 2 more to a deer
When you get 100 wood after 6 houses, make a lumber camp and send about 10 to wood.
Queue militia as you start feudal transition. You'll get 7. Get M@A upgrade upon reaching feudal.
posted 05-24-02 10:20 AM CT (US)     23 / 31  
thanks

posted 05-24-02 01:19 PM CT (US)     24 / 31  
posted 05-24-02 01:50 PM CT (US)     25 / 31  
i will ask rahl to mail me some of his games ... although some of them he wont want me to upload (if opponent asks him not to) he must still have some good ones i can have.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussion » Huitzilopochtli: The Aztec Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames