General and Strategy Discussion
Moderated by John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Flush
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 19  Next Page »
posted 08-22-04 03:45 PM CT (US)   
The new, improved Flush thread, with a new emphasis on civs, build orders (22 pop, 24 pop, 25 pop), and much more information added in general, especially the new Tips and Tricks section, has been added to the University.

You can find it here.

Here is an excerpt:

Sheep Scouting

In the game shown above, the player managed to find all eight Sheep early on, and sent four (yes, count them, four) Sheep scouting. The red circles in the screenshot indicate Sheep, while the green circle designates the player's Scout. There is a huge difference in Sheep scouting and not Sheep scouting. Just look at the amount of map you could have explored. Even with two Sheep, there is still quite often a major difference.

What are you waiting for? Go read the article now!

[This message has been edited by Steve (edited 05-11-2009 @ 01:49 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08-22-04 04:01 PM CT (US)     1 / 457  
Hmmm. aren't sheeps for food?
posted 08-22-04 04:03 PM CT (US)     2 / 457  
You don't kill all 8 sheep at one time...

krgmzeriho ntiyher0yneryh0remh[etmh0ehj4hnae[gm0g0emhrt[im
Tonto Clan-The Clan That Rocks!!!
posted 08-22-04 04:08 PM CT (US)     3 / 457  
A supreme piece of work, Stevay. Simply astounding.
posted 08-22-04 05:59 PM CT (US)     4 / 457  
Cool, it's finished.
And it's even more interesting than the old one. This has made my day, thank you Stevay.

Quoted from demon_revival:

Hmmm. aren't sheeps for food?

Nope, they're giving wool for clothes so that your vils don't catch cold on Scandinavia.

posted 08-22-04 06:51 PM CT (US)     5 / 457  
I will add some recorded games in the future.

TYPOS AND STUFF CLEARED; NOTHING TO SEE HERE!

STEVE
Age of Kings Heaven, Myll Clan

* Learn the Flush -- So you know how to play the game.
* Play Online -- So you can actually play the game.

[This message has been edited by Stevay (edited 08-22-2004 @ 08:03 PM).]

posted 08-22-04 09:15 PM CT (US)     6 / 457  
Very nice job. BTY, Mayan farms also produce +20% more food before they need to be reseeded.
posted 08-22-04 09:18 PM CT (US)     7 / 457  
Oh right, and killing sheep all at once or else there will loss of food due to decay.

©hewmen_zak
Winner of the 2004 AoKH Best Newbie Award
.:AoKH*RMT*BibleGateway*R.I.P. Shiva*Firefox*Arsenal FC:.
posted 08-22-04 09:49 PM CT (US)     8 / 457  
Where is Tooters and Persia?
posted 08-22-04 09:53 PM CT (US)     9 / 457  
A good read. I always go for Turks and Koreans when flushing. Hun mongers are my mortal enemies.

Gordon: I know you're a smart enough player to know those are the 2 worst Arabia civs. In that case, this is obvious spam. Sticky threads are no place for spam. That goes for everyone.

[This message has been edited by Gordon B (edited 08-22-2004 @ 10:04 PM).]

posted 08-22-04 10:06 PM CT (US)     10 / 457  

Quote:

Very nice job. BTY, Mayan farms also produce +20% more food before they need to be reseeded.

I'll add that tomorrow if CC wants to put it in. Right, CC?

Quote:

Where is Tooters and Persia?

Good point.

STEVE

[This message has been edited by Stevay (edited 08-22-2004 @ 10:07 PM).]

posted 08-23-04 01:55 AM CT (US)     11 / 457  
i have been waiting a while for this update and it didn't disappoint.
BTW, melody won 3:1 in the end and game 3 was one of the best. his walling in feudal is quite an art. that won the final for him. there is some luck with the map...
posted 08-23-04 03:58 AM CT (US)     12 / 457  

Quote:

A good read. I always go for Turks and Koreans when flushing. Hun mongers are my mortal enemies.

Gordon: I know you're a smart enough player to know those are the 2 worst Arabia civs. In that case, this is obvious spam. Sticky threads are no place for spam. That goes for everyone.

I thought you were an oldie and didnt spam anymore?

on topic: Very nice job stevay, I'm impressed. Now all you gotta do is make a picture book version for the noobs who cant read

ZN: TOAO_Wartz_ | ESO2: Cyrus
Check out The TOAO Clan | My recorded games
"." - TOAO_Creon
posted 08-23-04 12:57 PM CT (US)     13 / 457  
Very nice. Now I really want to find another TC CD.

ax_man1

Owner of a post 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, and 2500
Not all are in the same thread, but 4 of them are
posted 08-24-04 01:16 AM CT (US)     14 / 457  
Great article , thx
posted 08-24-04 11:45 AM CT (US)     15 / 457  
Very well done, nice job. It has some things i have never even thought of to do after a year of playing.
posted 08-27-04 05:57 PM CT (US)     16 / 457  
Hey Stevay! This is awesome work! Now I realy learnd what flush is and how can I defend against it. I hope that you will realy add some records too.
Realy good work!

"If I take one more step, this'll be the furthest from The Shire that I've ever been."
posted 09-06-04 09:42 PM CT (US)     17 / 457  
Awesome article! Stevay, is there any chance you will be making articles on other strategies?
posted 09-07-04 06:26 PM CT (US)     18 / 457  
I doubt I would finish a comprehensive guide at any rate, so let's put it at "no" right now.

STEVE

posted 09-07-04 08:17 PM CT (US)     19 / 457  
Its a great guide, but IMO you should have put "build house" in the build orders, for the non-hunnic civs. 17 out of the 18 civs have to build houses, majority rules.

Quote:

In the game shown above, the player managed to find all eight Sheep early on, and sent four (yes, count them, four) Sheep scouting. The red circles in the screenshot indicate Sheep, while the green circle designates the player's Scout. There is a huge difference in Sheep scouting and not Sheep scouting. Just look at the amount of map you could have explored. Even with two Sheep, there is still quite often a major difference.

Whenever I try sheep scouting, it always seems that my 2 sheep at the TC are done before I get any scouting done with my sheep. And if I do get some done, it is very insignificant. I dont have any more then 6 vils to a sheep, and that's what you recommend...why does it seem to go so fast?

§>=-=-=-River_Styx-=-=-=<§
R.I.P. Kayla Renee Winterfeldt; beloved baby sister; born the 28th of Oct, 2004; died the 28th of Oct, 2004
"Battles are won by slaughter and maneuver. The greater the general, the more he contributes in maneuver, the less he demands in slaughter" -- Winston Churchill
posted 09-07-04 09:06 PM CT (US)     20 / 457  

Quote:

Its a great guide, but IMO you should have put "build house" in the build orders, for the non-hunnic civs. 17 out of the 18 civs have to build houses, majority rules.

That would just get repetitive and really is not needed. I did mention Houses in the guide (and various civs that could potentially have different times for building HOuses), but I'm not going to put it in the build order.

There are people who build their Houses 3 pop ahead of the current limit. There are people who don't build a House with their first lurer, but instead, with another Vil.

"Majority" may rule in terms of Houses, but 1 out of the 18 civs is the best Flusher.

Quote:

Whenever I try sheep scouting, it always seems that my 2 sheep at the TC are done before I get any scouting done with my sheep. And if I do get some done, it is very insignificant. I dont have any more then 6 vils to a sheep, and that's what you recommend...why does it seem to go so fast?

That hardly seems likely. Would you care to post a record of yourself playing?

STEVE

[This message has been edited by Stevay (edited 09-07-2004 @ 09:07 PM).]

posted 09-07-04 11:37 PM CT (US)     21 / 457  
A good point to include on walling military buildings is that the buildings themselves can destroy the walls. If a military building "flags" any adjacent structure, the military building will proceed to "attack" that structure. try it for yourself if u don't believe it.

it takes a while to destroy the wall, and the person may see their palisade flashing on the minimap and burning on the screen (a lot of people accuse cheating at that point, though it is just a clever trick). But it is still something to be aware of from either the offensive or defensive perspective.

Note: I'm not sure if a unit needs to be garrisoned inside the military building for this to work. i think the building can do it while empty, but not sure.

posted 09-07-04 11:41 PM CT (US)     22 / 457  

Quote:

A good point to include on walling military buildings is that the buildings themselves can destroy the walls. If a military building "flags" any adjacent structure, the military building will proceed to "attack" that structure. try it for yourself if u don't believe it.

I was debating with a bunch of people on the issue of whether or not I would add that into the article. I refrained, thinking that if a newbie Flusher ever had his buildings walled in, he would rather use the building-attacks-wall trick to get it out, instead of making better use of that time.

STEVE

posted 09-08-04 10:19 PM CT (US)     23 / 457  

Quote:

That hardly seems likely. Would you care to post a record of yourself playing?

You mean like a recorded game? sure...if I could figure out how...

NOTE: I don't play as the Britons.

I will try sometime soon.

Quote:

That would just get repetitive and really is not needed. I did mention Houses in the guide (and various civs that could potentially have different times for building HOuses), but I'm not going to put it in the build order.

There are people who build their Houses 3 pop ahead of the current limit. There are people who don't build a House with their first lurer, but instead, with another Vil.

"Majority" may rule in terms of Houses, but 1 out of the 18 civs is the best Flusher.

I do suppose you have a point on it being repetitive, and the variations of when to build houses...

§>=-=-=-River_Styx-=-=-=<§
R.I.P. Kayla Renee Winterfeldt; beloved baby sister; born the 28th of Oct, 2004; died the 28th of Oct, 2004
"Battles are won by slaughter and maneuver. The greater the general, the more he contributes in maneuver, the less he demands in slaughter" -- Winston Churchill
posted 09-20-04 08:58 PM CT (US)     24 / 457  
WTF???!!! I followed the flush guide, and all of my sheep were either stolen or killed!!!
posted 09-22-04 05:27 PM CT (US)     25 / 457  
lol u probably went too deep into "the unknown"

==============
| Imperial_5 |
==============
| Proud Member of TOAO Clan |
| Find me on AoE2HD: TOAO_Fano |
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 19  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussion » The Flush
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: