Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussion
Moderated by John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: converting recorded games
posted 01-09-05 10:29 PM CT (US)   
Does anyone know how to convert recorded games to a format that computers with out AOK can play? (like .avi)
Replies:
posted 01-09-05 10:50 PM CT (US)     1 / 7  
Recorded games just store the actions the players make. There is no way to watch them without the game's engine to interpret that information and display it. And how would you watch them with .avi anyway? You couldn't click on anything to see its status or look at anything except what the player was looking at. That's really not that useful.
posted 01-10-05 00:56 AM CT (US)     2 / 7  
i need to show a sequence from the game for a report at school,and,(of course) the computers at school dont have age of empires.

The lottery is a tax on people who can't do math.
posted 01-10-05 03:36 AM CT (US)     3 / 7  
If your PC has a TV-out connector you could just connect it to the video recorder and video it.
posted 01-10-05 11:11 AM CT (US)     4 / 7  
But while recording computer screens from video recorders it coes really flickery, you see that on tv programs. It would work but it would be really poor quality.

Always remember that your gun is made by the lowest bidder.
it's a bit like me, not very reliable
posted 01-10-05 12:07 PM CT (US)     5 / 7  
I must say, I've never seen any problems. A friend of mine used to video himself playing car racing games and when he had a particularly good race, he'd archive it to watch later - no kidding! Invariably when I went to see him we'd sit through one of his noteworthy driving performances. Yep, there really are people that geeky

TV viewed through a TV is flickery, but that's because of the synchronization of the frame rates between the TV and the camera. Recording on a video has never given me any quality problems, except for the fact that the signal is analog and the "resolution" is generally much poorer. There is no flickering but the picture quality is indeed poorer, in the same way that VHS picture quality is always poorer than the TV original.

Nonetheless, it may be enough for a school project. It was just an idea.

posted 01-10-05 01:56 PM CT (US)     6 / 7  

Quote:

But while recording computer screens from video recorders it coes really flicker, you see that on tv programs. It would work but it would be really poor quality.

I hated that when that happened.

M U S I C ! (& other random stuff)
posted 01-10-05 03:53 PM CT (US)     7 / 7  
I would recommend taking screenshots, or if you have a camera you could film it (but the quality will be low, very low). You could also ask for permission to install the game.
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussion » converting recorded games
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames