You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: People in Buildings: a design trick!
posted 02-17-00 05:47 PM CT (US)   
Okay, you might not belive me, but, i found out something the other day. You can put people in buildings (not garrisoning). all you have to do is to put a building (like a barracks) over a unit (like an archer) and boom! there you have it! (this is as same as the cliff bug, but it's with buildings). You can do this in a random map too (non-custom game) just get a unit, build a building that completly blocks the unit from view, then build a building to make the guy inside the building.

------------------
Insane_Fireball
My e-mail is finalf7@san.rr.com .
Homepage: http://pikachupokedex.homestead.com
(This is my friend's site)
Year of the Snake
Hi.

Replies:
posted 02-17-00 07:01 PM CT (US)     1 / 7  
what about a house??!!

and how would you get them out?

------------------
The Demolition Ship has been sunk!

posted 02-17-00 09:03 PM CT (US)     2 / 7  
You don't.
posted 02-17-00 09:10 PM CT (US)     3 / 7  
Well then whats the point, i mean unless they can fire from inside
posted 02-17-00 09:12 PM CT (US)     4 / 7  
NOOOO !

Sorry insane but this just aint so !

If you build a building on a random map the unit you are building it on auto-moves a soon as the vills start hammering !

Now I havent checked in the editor.. but I think it is the same.. the unit just pops to the side of the building.. Map copy does allow some odd effects with unit placement however !

posted 02-17-00 09:25 PM CT (US)     5 / 7  
THis is onyl ment for eye candy in scinarios. NOne of the objects can move but they look cool if there in the patio on the cathedral or under the sheltered part of the blacksmith.

------------------
"Happiness is not a fish that you can catch"

posted 02-17-00 09:30 PM CT (US)     6 / 7  
Can the archers fire though? And can they be hit. What if the building is destroyed?

------------------
Those who fail to learn the lessons of history, are doomed to get their asses whooped on the Zone by me. And if you use your feeble villiger to create pitiful town centers around the map to escape my wrath, I shall plunder you with all the might of the empires of the world, and torment your soul to the abyssimal depths of hell, where you will seak to praise the source of the words: WORSHIP ME!! WORSHIP ME!! BWUH HA HA HA HA!! WORSHIP ME FEMALE!! HA HA HA HA HA!! HA HA HA HA HA HA!! HUW HA HA HA HA!! BUW HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! MWUH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! HUW HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! HUW HA HA HA HA HA HA!! WORSHIP ME!! BWUH HA HA HA HA!! WORSHIP ME FEMALE!! HA HA HA HA HA!! HA HA HA HA HA HA!! HUW HA HA HA HA!! BUW HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! MWUH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! HUW HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! HUW HA HA HA HA HA HA!! WORSHIP ME!! BWUH HA HA HA HA!! WORSHIP ME FEMALE!! HA HA HA HA HA!! HA HA HA HA HA HA!! HUW HA HA HA HA!! BUW HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! MWUH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! HUW HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! HUW HA HA HA HA HA HA!! WORSHIP ME!! BWUH HA HA HA HA!! WORSHIP ME FEMALE!! HA HA HA HA HA!! HA HA HA HA HA HA!! HUW HA HA HA HA!! BUW HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! MWUH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! HUW HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! HUW HA HA HA HA HA HA!! WORSHIP ME!! BWUH HA HA HA HA!! WORSHIP ME FEMALE!! HA HA HA HA HA!! HA HA HA HA HA HA!! HUW HA HA HA HA!! BUW HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! MWUH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! *SNORT*

posted 02-18-00 09:08 PM CT (US)     7 / 7  
If you use the editor and place a building (like a TC) and then place a unit (such as a villager) near the centre of the building they appear to "disappear". In fact, when you start the scenario, the are garrisoned inside the building and will shoot arrows if the structure can.

------------------
Gothmog
Making IT magic!

Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » People in Buildings: a design trick!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames