Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Keeping A Scenario Interesting
posted 10-03-01 04:58 PM CT (US)   
I think a thread where what you have to keep you interested in a scenario to play all the way through.
heres a rough list to begin with
Storyline
Side Quests
Keeping the objectives interesting
Keeping options open for a player multiple answers and such

that's just a few thoughts. What do you think keeps a player Interested. Depth of story and the way characters are portrayed appeal to me

Discworld Designer!
MY DESIGNS:-] 2002PTC Honourable mention, collaboration with Qazitory
Troll Bridge v1.3, Dragons Lair v1.1
Project Page
Replies:
posted 10-04-01 07:34 AM CT (US)     1 / 6  
Multiple possiblities. You will replay a scenario/campaign a thousand times if it has multiple possibilities,like The Quest, The King's Best Men or Final Hour for example.
posted 10-04-01 09:04 AM CT (US)     2 / 6  

Porrrnnnn.....

On a serious note

Interactive ones....

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
posted 10-04-01 11:04 AM CT (US)     3 / 6  
Kumar Shah to what extent?

Discworld Designer!
MY DESIGNS:-] 2002PTC Honourable mention, collaboration with Qazitory
Troll Bridge v1.3, Dragons Lair v1.1
Project Page
posted 10-05-01 01:57 AM CT (US)     4 / 6  
The way the story is presented helps too. For example, one Thief project I downloaded had chat room dialogue: "now i can enter well" etc. This was unappealing. I want to see dialogue and storyline so rich and flowing it seems as if it has been taken straight from an award-winning novel!

Replayability is another factor. My current project, Black and White, features what I call "dynamic" storyline: for each character, certain parts of the whole story will become available. If you have no feminine party member, for example, you won't get drunks whistling at you The ale-loving soldier can gather info and gossip from his inebriated buddies -- or even get into a brawl with some of the more lubricated ones!

Not to mention the abilities of your characters will mean many things will be restricted. No magic-users in your party, no purchasing from shops selling magical items.

Each Quest has endless side bonuses within it that only happen if you do the right thing at the right time, or merely chat to someone on the sideline.

That's what I think attracts players anyway.

master_thief_garrett@hotmail.com

master_thief_garrett@hotmail.com
AI scripter & trigger programmer for The Destiny of Arcadia

Current project: DUNGEONEER: Shadow of Doom (see Profile)
Experience spellcasting and weapon change in realtime; battle a range of monsters from Aboleths to Umber Hulks; fight alongside other heroes in this SIX PLAYER online experience from the maker of the taunt2trig AI.

posted 10-05-01 10:01 AM CT (US)     5 / 6  
I find that if there is an awesomely captivating storyline, I will want to keep playing. That's the thing that gets me hooked on scenarios the most.
posted 10-05-01 02:31 PM CT (US)     6 / 6  
Storyline and Playability are the most important i'd say. The more stuff there is to do (eg Side Quests and pointless extras (eg talking to people)) helps with Playability

¤•The Campeador - Insert Relevant Information Here•¤
¤•Expert at almost everything computer based•¤
¤•Death awaits you all, with nasty big pointy teeth•¤
¤•Well Bugger me sideways•¤
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Keeping A Scenario Interesting
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames