You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Putting Seasonal Change in Your Scenario!
posted 11-27-01 11:56 AM CT (US)   
I've discovered that making a seasonal change or changes can be made quite simply. I read a few posts around here, but they never really made it off the forums. Basically, creating and removing trees can become spring, winter or summer... or fall. Removing regular forest trees/oaks etc. creates leaves on the ground when you remove them with triggers. Removing snow pine trees creates snow... so most of you have caught on to the jist of this, but there are other things you can do, too. You can make a river dry up by placing Bridge A top (I think any bridge top will work) and removing on a river to create desert! If you want to put dying grass on the land... well, I guess it'd be turning it into a desert, remove palm trees. You can create a whole year using the Timer Condition, and the Create/Remove Object Effects! Now, you can also put rivers back with the Bridge Middles... or create new ones! So a battle could seem longer if the seasons changed. And you can re-create forage bushes to have them re-grow in the spring/summer... maybe slowly deplete them in fall and get rid of all of them in the winter? Anyone can do this!

I personally, think this would really spice up a scenario and add to the playability.

-Ultima_Knight

how is this for a quote
Replies:
posted 11-27-01 12:59 PM CT (US)     1 / 6  
Hmmmm the idea is interesting... but I want to know... can you change the season in the middle of the scenario (hehehe)?
posted 11-27-01 02:14 PM CT (US)     2 / 6  
That is a hard taks to do that in the middle of the game..

Download the Trigger Trick guide v2.0 ID 344
Creator of the Return of the Mummy series id 715 :: Zelda sneak preview ::
Newest project: The World of Zelda
posted 11-27-01 03:48 PM CT (US)     3 / 6  
one problem...units can walk across the water when you take away the middle bridge thing...

RTS Empire
DA WARRIAH
posted 11-27-01 05:46 PM CT (US)     4 / 6  
no Da Warrior, they "swim"...

"If a turtle doesnt have a shell, is it homeless or naked?"-Some funny dead guy
Elite Member and Manager of GoD Craft
posted 11-27-01 08:14 PM CT (US)     5 / 6  
I wish there was some way to make it look like units were swimming, to my knowledge it's not possible. But i'm sure someone's figured something out. I don't need to know this, i've just thought about it a few times.

-Mr. Tradecart
BILLS ARE GOIN TO THE SUPERBOWL![/i]
posted 11-28-01 06:54 PM CT (US)     6 / 6  
Actually, Ingo van Thiel discovered a way to create water, but have units not be able to walk on it. If I ever discover how, I'll let you know . By the by, you can have timers... not a lot of tough work... but a good amount. (for Andres_Age question)

OTHER IDEAS:
Include Trees F and I in your winter change, and ones with leaves in the warmer times.

"Hunting Seasons" (I'm not quite sure how to phrase this)... could have more deer and sheep/turkey appearing, while in the winter, more wolves. *Note that sheep and turkey should disappear in winter-time.

I'm still testing... nothing tried, nothing learned.

-Ultima_Knight

how is this for a quote

[This message has been edited by Ultima_Knight (edited 11-28-2001 @ 06:55 PM).]

Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Putting Seasonal Change in Your Scenario!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames