You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: I just got an idea for more realistic rams!
posted 03-30-02 12:45 PM CT (US)   
make triggers so that rams are frozen unless guys are garrisoned in them! It's so simple yet more realistic.
(I just thought of the idea so i dont know what the triggers would be)
what do u guyz or galz think
Replies:
posted 03-30-02 01:40 PM CT (US)     1 / 16  
So that the rams will not move unless some folks start running? The Flintstone concept. Simple, but innovate. Surprise me with the triggers.

Sephiroth, also known as Luke Gevaerts
E-mail: lukegevaerts@hotmail.com | Current Project: Against Thee, Wickedly

Quoted from a friend:
"Christians and Judes are slaughtering eachother in the name of Jesus Christ. Do you really think that such is what he wanted when he got nailed to his cross?"

posted 03-30-02 02:29 PM CT (US)     2 / 16  
heres how it would look (i think)

Trigger 1 (freeze)
Condition- Units garrisoned 0
effect- freeze object (ram)

Trigger 2 (un-freeze)
Condition- Units Garrisoned 1
effect- deactive trigger (the one that freezes)

"If a turtle doesnt have a shell, is it homeless or naked?"-Some funny dead guy
Elite Member and Manager of GoD Craft
posted 03-30-02 05:25 PM CT (US)     3 / 16  
Hm. I think it's better to lock the rams in place by continuously ordering them to move to the spot they start out on. Naturally, all triggers must be looping.

Quoted from a friend:
"Christians and Judes are slaughtering eachother in the name of Jesus Christ. Do you really think that such is what he wanted when he got nailed to his cross?"

posted 03-30-02 10:33 PM CT (US)     4 / 16  
Nope. I know how to do this.

Trigger 0 (Loop=on start=on)
COND. Timer=2
EFCT. Change ownership of battering ram to GAIA (so it will not move or be attacked, units changed to gaia will not revert to players)

Trigger 1 (loop=on start=on)
COND: Units Garrisoned on Ram=1
EFCT. Deativate trigger 0

Trigger 2
EFCT. Ativate trigger 0

That should do the trick.

You want fries with that?

[This message has been edited by LoserWithCoolName (edited 06-04-2003 @ 07:00 PM).]

posted 03-31-02 10:02 AM CT (US)     5 / 16  
Good call. I think we've solved the problem.

Quoted from a friend:

posted 03-31-02 01:36 PM CT (US)     6 / 16  
Triggers can do more than people think, finding how is a trick. That thing I showed for rams also works for food conumption, btw, you just need some refinments and an extra trigger or two. If anyone wants that code, I'll post it.

posted 03-31-02 06:12 PM CT (US)     7 / 16  
Solved?

It is obviously wrong. You don't want ownership changed to Gaia. As you have stated then it won't be attacked. Why should a empty Siege weapon be immune to attack.

[This message has been edited by BINGFA (edited 03-31-2002 @ 06:18 PM).]

posted 03-31-02 06:23 PM CT (US)     8 / 16  
I never said it had to be GAIA. Change it to an alled civ which will be attacked by the enemy if it suits you. Think before you bash other people triggerwork. And if it' multi-player, humans can tell ther units to attack GAIA units. GAIA would be cool cuz anyone would be able to use it.

posted 03-31-02 06:48 PM CT (US)     9 / 16  
You only need one trigger...

Trigger 1
Cond 0: Units Garrisoned = 0
Effect 0: Unit Frozen
Cond 1: Units Garrisoned = 1+
Effect 1: Unit Unfrozen

Loop on start on

posted 03-31-02 07:37 PM CT (US)     10 / 16  
No. Units garrisoned=0 means AT LEAST 0 units. Besides, that would take two triggers anyway.

posted 03-31-02 10:29 PM CT (US)     11 / 16  
Than you can change the 0 to say 50, because at no time can there be 50 units in a ram anyway. As far as taking two triggers away, I don't see how that changes anything, than again I'm tired and haven't exactly read through many of the replies. However you would need to add one effect to unactivate effect 0.
posted 04-01-02 05:00 PM CT (US)     12 / 16  
@BINFGA
Realisticly thinking, can a medieval ram move across a flat surface or uphill wihtout something pushing/pulling it? common sense people... that's why the title is "More realistic rams" moron...
posted 04-01-02 05:09 PM CT (US)     13 / 16  
So you will get this:

Trigger 0 (loop=on start=on)
Condition 0: Units Garrisoned 50
effect 0: Siege ram frozen

Trigger 1 (loop=on start=on)
Condition 0: Units Garrisoned 2
effect 0: deactivate trigger 0

This will not work... cuz if you deactivate trigger 0 it will not start over again. So if the units will get out of the ram again. The ram will be able to move again. So you should make a 3th trigger that makes. As soon the garrison of the ram is less then ?? it will freeze again but then you also will need a deactivate trigger.

So... how do you fix that?

Download the Trigger Trick guide v2.0 ID 344
Creator of the Return of the Mummy series id 715 :: Zelda sneak preview ::
Newest project: The World of Zelda
posted 04-01-02 06:53 PM CT (US)     14 / 16  

Quote:

@BINFGA
Realisticly thinking, can a medieval ram move across a flat surface or uphill wihtout something pushing/pulling it? common sense people... that's why the title is "More realistic rams" moron...

That is not the point is it? I never once said it should be moved unmanned.

When a siege engine was left unattended it was attackable and destroyable. That is my point.

Think before you call people a moron.

posted 04-01-02 08:21 PM CT (US)     15 / 16  
Here's a new theory, I haven't looked at it yet so I don't know what would be necessary, but why not make it so that It is frozen unless a unit is in it's area. You may have to make individual effects that allow walking units but not other siege units.
posted 04-01-02 08:46 PM CT (US)     16 / 16  
I actually think the units garrisoned = 0 should work...
Lemme check.

[edit] interesting... try it yourself. [/edit]

Worked for me, once I set up the triggers properly... i also ran into the problem of when I had one unit garrisoned, the ram would change ownership, kick me out of the ram, and change to player 3 again.

how is this for a quote

[This message has been edited by Ultima_Knight (edited 04-01-2002 @ 08:58 PM).]

Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » I just got an idea for more realistic rams!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames