Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Castle Trick
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 07-24-02 09:53 PM CT (US)   
Hi,

After figuring out walk able mountains, invisible mountains, swimming, some tricks with bridges and a different way to do the farm trick and the eye candy foundation farms. Their is something else I have found that is rather interesting.

A way to make units look like they are being hanged from a castle tower it is very interesting.

I am using this on a villager so that it looks like someone purposely torturing the peasent.

If people are interested I will set up some pics.

I have been just testing to see if they can be added with triggers after the game starts.
http://www.geocities.com/jinlerx/CastleBow.html?1027628882931
http://www.geocities.com/jinlerx/Cast.html?1027569860775

Philip Dunscombe .:. AoKH Forumer
Age of Kings Heaven .:. Copyright ©2002-2015
"On behalf of all of the real and imaginary forumers at Heaven Games, I would like to apologize for both the overall poor quality of that post and it drifting dangerously close to having some sort of social relevance. However, at least it was short."

[This message has been edited by Philip Dunscombe (edited 07-25-2002 @ 04:32 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-24-02 10:14 PM CT (US)     1 / 53  
I am very interested and would love to see some pics.

I could upload them for you if you need a place

DW

posted 07-24-02 11:11 PM CT (US)     2 / 53  

Yes

double yes

triple yes

or u would be that villie!!

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
posted 07-25-02 00:07 AM CT (US)     3 / 53  
http://www.geocities.com/jinlerx/Cast.html?1027569860775

Ok here you go enjoy. I would love to hear peoples ideas and more practical applications. I am working on getting the unit to sit on the very top of the tower now If it will work or not I do not know!.

"On behalf of all of the real and imaginary forumers at Heaven Games, I would like to apologize for both the overall poor quality of that post and it drifting dangerously close to having some sort of social relevance. However, at least it was short."

[This message has been edited by Philip Dunscombe (edited 07-25-2002 @ 00:08 AM).]

posted 07-25-02 01:35 AM CT (US)     4 / 53  
I Think The One With The Woman Looks Best.

If Life Hands You Lemons You Make Lemonade.
posted 07-25-02 01:43 AM CT (US)     5 / 53  
I got some questions that i would like you to answer:

1 Does it still look like that after you have started the game?
2 How did you do it? (Let me guess? move the villie into the castle?)

|Trigers|Eye Candies|Scn Design|

Superior is my name,Superiority is my aim,
Loyal in killing,Loyal in fame.

posted 07-25-02 01:47 AM CT (US)     6 / 53  
Probably Map Copy.

If Life Hands You Lemons You Make Lemonade.
posted 07-25-02 02:49 AM CT (US)     7 / 53  
It still look's like that after the game is started.

posted 07-25-02 04:15 AM CT (US)     8 / 53  
Nice screens Philip!

"I take it that this is the Anastasia Scud pines for?" - Epic Commander
"What Ana said. Use sugar and the whip." - aka the Pilot
"I think you will realize the emphasis was on Ana and Cake." - Monk
posted 07-25-02 05:48 AM CT (US)     9 / 53  
and...how do do it??

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
posted 07-25-02 06:54 AM CT (US)     10 / 53  
Nice. Though I like the lower one better. Probably because you forgot rotate the top one.
posted 07-25-02 09:29 AM CT (US)     11 / 53  
wait..let me guess..

You create a castle..put a villager inside it. Then you remove the castle. After you do that, you put a new castle in it's place.

The villager garrisoned is hence..not removed, but "hanged" from the castle

what tricks with bridges?

and where's that utility?! 

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
posted 07-25-02 11:39 AM CT (US)     12 / 53  
Don't Worry Shiva I was not referring to your bridge trick.

The utility has been submitted twice but I believe it is because the person that takes care of the updating in that section is on vacation.

Let me think for a sec though what can be placed almost anywhere and units can stand on :-).

Bridges of course but how do you get a bridge up to the top of a castle that is the hard part.

Although I got the final result in the editor I had to test it a few times to get it that way.

As the bridge is placed by using the max elevation the bridge is map copied and then the elevation is lowered.

Then you must get the unit on it which is very difficult and if you don't do it right you get the colored line around it. It is complex and not as easy as I just explained like the farm trick. I used the same principle for my walk able mountains with some other things thrown in.

If you look in the editor there are some more clues as my selection was on move and delete in the two PICS.

You basically must layer bridges it takes practice and a great deal of patience.

[This message has been edited by Philip Dunscombe (edited 07-25-2002 @ 11:42 AM).]

posted 07-25-02 12:17 PM CT (US)     13 / 53  
Hey, Phil, try getting an archer on top of the biggest castle tower. Only pretty for Saracen-type Castles - but pretty indeed.
posted 07-25-02 12:26 PM CT (US)     14 / 53  
I will try hey idea Should have a new trick contest lol. :-P

posted 07-25-02 12:41 PM CT (US)     15 / 53  
* Points gun at Phil's head *

It has been enough.

posted 07-25-02 01:03 PM CT (US)     16 / 53  
Bah... all this is nothing compared with my latest discovery. I've discovered a previously unknown freeze object code, which works without triggers! Type "Philip Dunscombe" into your chat box, with the result that designers freeze in front of their screens, drow their jaws and say "how the heck did he do that?"

Ingo

posted 07-25-02 01:06 PM CT (US)     17 / 53  
Try sticking a tower on the end of the Frank monastery - I thought it looked kind of cool if it was a guard tower/keep.
That and you can see an early example of this trick with a unit map copied inside the castle in Shadows' Shadowmind Episode IV.

how is this for a quote
posted 07-25-02 01:07 PM CT (US)     18 / 53  
LOL thank you Ingo I am trying to get people to start staying with AOK:TC.

I have also found a beta unit that looks exactly like you lol. When you click it, it displays the message "For My Next Trick I will rule the world.

posted 07-25-02 01:19 PM CT (US)     19 / 53  
ROFLOL @ Ingo
posted 07-25-02 02:50 PM CT (US)     20 / 53  
I am glad people are so much nicer then other forums I have visited makes me want to stick around alot more :-).

posted 07-25-02 03:00 PM CT (US)     21 / 53  
If you put an archer there or any of his partners, instead of villagers, it'll look like they're guarding the castle. It'll be good if you can put them at the castle balcony.

Andan

ANDANU "GARUDA" TRISATYA
S I N C E T H E 8 T H D A Y O F T H E 8 T H M O N T H , T H E 1 9 8 8 T H Y E A R
posted 07-25-02 03:23 PM CT (US)     22 / 53  
My point exactly.
posted 07-25-02 04:27 PM CT (US)     23 / 53  
wait though..was i right?

posted 07-25-02 04:28 PM CT (US)     24 / 53  
I put archers on the castles now :-)

Go to here for the pic!! :-)
http://www.geocities.com/jinlerx/CastleBow.html?1027628882931

posted 07-25-02 04:36 PM CT (US)     25 / 53  
WOAH!!! THAT...THAT..WHA..

*applause*

[w]we should really invent a new nick for ya. How's Trickmaster sound?[w]

posted 07-25-02 04:43 PM CT (US)     26 / 53  
Sure if ya want to call me that go for it :-) .

posted 07-25-02 05:18 PM CT (US)     27 / 53  
I have some more ideas but I would really like to hear some more.

posted 07-25-02 06:41 PM CT (US)     28 / 53  
Well, perhaps I'm not reading correctly, but the trick is that you're able to place a unit on top of a building?

Great that you guys are finding new tricks, just hope someone is actually making a scenario.

[This message has been edited by Angel Park (edited 07-25-2002 @ 06:43 PM).]

posted 07-25-02 06:51 PM CT (US)     29 / 53  
I am don't worry about that it is the cherubs dropping the ball I submitted a utility on other things I have discovered about 1 week and a half ago but yet I am still waiting I know its because spine is on vacation but I am doing the best I can.

I have a campaign in works called A Far Off Land it will be released soon.

If you are not sure what the castle trick involves look at the pic's it is the best way to see :-).

Every trick ever found has been used in a scenario I believe if it was any good and I would not mind in the least if some of mine ended up in other peoples scenarios before mine.

So far included in my campaign is this castle trick, My swimming trick and the new terrain. There are others I am going to let you find once you play it.

Trust me you don't have to worry about a lot of smart people in here finding a lot of different ways to exploit these things ;-).

If I included every trick I came up with the campaign would be something along the lines as Person climes over mountain, shoots from top of a castle, swims a river, and farms all that neat terrain. Tricks are one thing but the application of them is the hard part.

[This message has been edited by Philip Dunscombe (edited 07-25-2002 @ 06:57 PM).]

posted 07-25-02 07:01 PM CT (US)     30 / 53  
I have not heard of your mountain or swimming tricks... Could someone please give me a link or something?
posted 07-25-02 07:02 PM CT (US)     31 / 53  
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,29148,120,10

The mountain trick thread is their.

The swimming was also featured in the news and can be found here:

http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,29085,210,20

[This message has been edited by Philip Dunscombe (edited 07-25-2002 @ 07:05 PM).]

posted 07-25-02 07:16 PM CT (US)     32 / 53  
eheh on tricks I have a couple left over.. but Im not posting them eheh. * sighs * Im not sure I could find a use for them anyway .

I emailed Spineman about your utility Philip to try to get the ball rolling so to speak and await a response.

posted 07-25-02 07:40 PM CT (US)     33 / 53  
Thank you BNC I hope it does get sorted out soon it does slow things down ....... )-:

posted 07-25-02 07:47 PM CT (US)     34 / 53  
Thanks Phillip for the links...those are some pretty cool tricks you discovered it sounds like, but I can't see any of the pics cause of Geocities bandwidth limits....Do you have them on any other sites?

Thanks for sharing...

BGAofK

posted 07-26-02 11:04 AM CT (US)     35 / 53  
As of Yet I don't but with all the complaints I guess I will move the pics errr.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Castle Trick
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames