Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Non Degradable Units
posted 07-26-02 02:37 PM CT (US)   
Applying some triggers and other techniques found in a random map I have found a unique way of stoping units from degrading once they perish!

It took a bit of doing but the effort was well worth the end result!

[This message has been edited by Philip Dunscombe (edited 09-11-2003 @ 01:05 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07-26-02 02:52 PM CT (US)     1 / 11  
cool, sounds interesting. I know of many times when i've wished certain things wouldn't degrade/deplete/decompose.
posted 07-26-02 02:59 PM CT (US)     2 / 11  
One unit that I'm sure will not degrade was the Hunting Wolf in the Heroes list... it's weird watching them die and not leave a corpse.

- "Nobody dies a virgin; life screws us all."
- "you can't clap without both hands."
- "The sun is not yellow, it's chicken."
- "Yes, they may indeed be idiots, but we are surrounded by idiots anyway; variations can be amusing."
- "Warm and fuzzy, kinda like a burning kitten."
- "We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."
posted 07-26-02 03:02 PM CT (US)     3 / 11  
Very interesting how some units have those properties. This technique works on all units and looks dang cool not having your corpse melt away.

I wish there was a to turn units into food as well! Would make some good canabilism scenes.

[This message has been edited by Philip Dunscombe (edited 09-11-2003 @ 01:07 AM).]

posted 07-26-02 03:31 PM CT (US)     4 / 11  
I'd like to see a unit that dies, drops to the ground and remains.

And I'm beginning to think that Ingo's new freezing trick is actually working.

* Freezes behind computer *

posted 07-26-02 04:14 PM CT (US)     5 / 11  
OT: What was Ingo's freezing unit trick? and also, I heard about this 'ice breaking' trick by ingo... how were they done?

- "Nobody dies a virgin; life screws us all."
- "you can't clap without both hands."
- "The sun is not yellow, it's chicken."
- "Yes, they may indeed be idiots, but we are surrounded by idiots anyway; variations can be amusing."
- "Warm and fuzzy, kinda like a burning kitten."
- "We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."
posted 07-26-02 05:30 PM CT (US)     6 / 11  
The ice breaking is in Gyda's Challenge but I never saw it since I don't like the historical theme. but as far as I know, it's there.

The new freezing trick is prolly something in Ulio!

Now Philip, I am ready to name you the Trick Finder, but one thing is you never really tell us about how to do these tricks. Are you releasing utilitys or soemthing?

ElfTheHunter [aka Shane Mackinnon]

-=Wildfire Games=-_{The Last Alliance}
------- Senior Game Designer, Lead Level Designer --------
Contact me: elfthehunter@tla.wildfiregames.com

posted 07-26-02 06:45 PM CT (US)     7 / 11  
Sounds fascinating, Philip.

Quoted from Elf:

The new freezing trick is prolly something in Ulio!

Elf and Conqueror, this "freezing trick" doesn't really exist. It was just a joke from another thread.

Luke, what have you done?

posted 07-26-02 08:17 PM CT (US)     8 / 11  
I do reveal many :-). A utility explains some but with Spinemans absence the blacksmith has not been updated yet.

As For the nic name "trick finder" I try to be a humble person. Just don't mispell my name or call me mud :-).

I tested it extensively now Luke it will drop dead and stay as long as you want. Hopefully I will have time to make another utility with these new found tricks.

I am not trying to hog all the good ones for my self just help people in exploring the editor!

Philip Dunscombe .:. AoKH Forumer
Age of Kings Heaven .:. Copyright ©2002-2015
"On behalf of all of the real and imaginary forumers at Heaven Games, I would like to apologize for both the overall poor quality of that post and it drifting dangerously close to having some sort of social relevance. However, at least it was short."

[This message has been edited by Philip Dunscombe (edited 09-11-2003 @ 01:09 AM).]

posted 07-26-02 08:40 PM CT (US)     9 / 11  

Quoted from Ingo van Thiel:

Luke, what have you done?

* Cannot reply since fingers are frozen *

Quoted from Philip Dunscombe:

I tested it extensively now Luke it will drop dead and stay as long as you want.

* Continues to remain frozen *

You wanna send me that? And uhm - can I duplicate this one without having to spend five years to learn it?

[This message has been edited by Luke Gevaerts (edited 07-26-2002 @ 08:42 PM).]

posted 07-26-02 08:45 PM CT (US)     10 / 11  
Remember a while back I posted something about Final Hour, and the freezing trick in there...

Well I just saw it in Ingo's Ulio campaign again, but I forgot where.

Maybe that was what they were joking about.

hello all
posted 07-27-02 00:38 AM CT (US)     11 / 11  
I am fairly certain you can handle this one Luke :-)

Philip Dunscombe .:. AoKH Forumer
Age of Kings Heaven .:. Copyright ©2002-2015
"On behalf of all of the real and imaginary forumers at Heaven Games, I would like to apologize for both the overall poor quality of that post and it drifting dangerously close to having some sort of social relevance. However, at least it was short."
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Non Degradable Units
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames