You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Has this been used before?
posted 01-27-03 01:40 AM CT (US)   
I think i found a way to make a good archery target! First, task a villager to a POREX mine to make it look invisible, then task it to a flag or something that looks like a target. Next, task an archer to attack the villager, and viola!

Make sure you freeze the villager. Oh, and make sure the villager has an insane amount of HP.

***Daveguy_700***
The Sword of Archon | Post your best jokes here! | Daveguy_700@hotmail.com | Proud member of the PW clan!
"If you choose a job you like, you do not have to work a day in your life" -umm...some...guy....
"Not all who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien

STUFF

[This message has been edited by Daveguy_700 (edited 01-27-2003 @ 01:58 AM).]

Replies:
posted 01-27-03 01:42 AM CT (US)     1 / 11  

Quote:

Make sure you set an AI to the villager that makes it not run away when attacked.

There is no AI that can do that. You can just freeze the villager by tasking it to nowhere (not specifying a location), then it would freeze in its spot.

Nice trick! I've never seen it used anywhere else before.

[This message has been edited by Darkmaster (edited 01-27-2003 @ 01:43 AM).]

posted 01-27-03 10:57 AM CT (US)     2 / 11  
sounds cool! i will try it

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
posted 01-27-03 12:24 PM CT (US)     3 / 11  
That's a good one , and there's a bonus ,it's actually useful for something ,other than eye-candy. A Robin Hood competition came to mind immediately,,humm.
posted 01-27-03 06:19 PM CT (US)     4 / 11  
No more deer enclosed in palisades!

No. Bad Jarl. Bad Bad Jarl. NO Penis ASCII.
-Andy.
posted 01-28-03 12:23 PM CT (US)     5 / 11  
I just make enemy palisades with flags in front.
posted 01-28-03 08:09 PM CT (US)     6 / 11  
It was a good idea though, no?

***Daveguy_700***
The Sword of Archon | Post your best jokes here! | Daveguy_700@hotmail.com | Proud member of the PW clan!
"If you choose a job you like, you do not have to work a day in your life" -umm...some...guy....

STUFF
posted 01-28-03 10:17 PM CT (US)     7 / 11  
Daveguy, I never thought of this, and yes it is a good idea. The funny thing is, I've been doing the porex trick, and doing the archer target trick, but I never put the two together!

And, instead of giving the villie an insane ammount of hp, just find out how much he's damaged each time, and make an effect that damages him negative that much. just cut and paste it in, (note: control V dosen't work) and you have a target forever!

posted 01-28-03 10:30 PM CT (US)     8 / 11  
Good point!

Well, if crasher hasn't found this yet, I say we just found ourselves a new scenario editor trick!

*Holds up sign that says "Applause"*

***Daveguy_700***

STUFF
posted 01-29-03 12:09 PM CT (US)     9 / 11  
I did it before, yet I applaud your discovery. I guess I can say I never used it before because I never finished a campaign with that trick in it.

Alas, I do not use it anymore unfortunatly. Too complex to do, and never works when I need it to work.

posted 01-31-03 01:30 AM CT (US)     10 / 11  
I think I found an addition to this trick: Put the villager and porex on top of a rotated cliff! Assuming that the villager can collect the porex if it's one tile away, he'll dissaperar fine and then you'll rotate the cliff till it dissappears, and then you'll never have to worry about him walking off... It should be simple, more or less. My definition of simple is sometimes pretty complicated,

-crasher

posted 01-31-03 03:31 PM CT (US)     11 / 11  
It sounds good. I will try that.

"If I take one more step, this'll be the furthest from The Shire that I've ever been."
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Has this been used before?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames