Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Looking for a good source of names ?? try this,,
posted 03-09-03 07:05 PM CT (US)   
I not sure if this is common knowledge ,but most of my ficticious names come from the "Bible" , but it has to have the old testament. In the book of "Numbers" you will find thousands
of names ,and you just have to switch letters around to make the name origional.
Some i've made: (civs')
Shanguly
Hamorik
Bakkah
Shandowee
Pangura
Note: I already am using these in unfinished campaigns .
Replies:
posted 03-09-03 09:20 PM CT (US)     1 / 5  
Or... you COULD just go to the thread that was posted here a little while ago.

***Daveguy_700***
The Sword of Archon | Post your best jokes here! | Daveguy_700@hotmail.com | Proud member of the PW clan!
"If you choose a job you like, you do not have to work a day in your life" -umm...some...guy....
"Not all who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien

STUFF
posted 03-09-03 10:14 PM CT (US)     2 / 5  
It's just another option "Daveguy " that i thought i would contribute ,, thanks for the smug reply tho. When all these promises that i will give you a name ,and "look here " ,are gone ,at least my post can allow the designers the freedom of "creativity", which could contribute to at least 1/5 of their success.

[This message has been edited by clayperboy (edited 03-09-2003 @ 11:30 PM).]

posted 03-09-03 10:49 PM CT (US)     3 / 5  
It is amazing how many names come from the bible (ever read Redwall, the book with little animals they are all biblical names) Golgotha (sp) has forever influeced the sound of bad guys names. (Golgota means place of the skull and is where Jesus was killed)

Thanks for the naming idea, if I ever need names I'll ask U.

posted 03-09-03 11:40 PM CT (US)     4 / 5  
I don't have a copy of the Old Testament or the New Testament.

posted 03-10-03 11:38 AM CT (US)     5 / 5  
What i liked the most is the Biblical names fit in nicely with most of the civs'.
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Looking for a good source of names ?? try this,,
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames