Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Net Capture Trick
posted 03-15-03 04:55 PM CT (US)   
This one is a little bit tricky in the fact that it takes a lot of tinkering to get the positions right but once achieved looks neat.

The first pic is one of a net being thrown around a villager perhaps an enemy trying to escape. As soon as the net has been thrown once use triggers to remove the second villie and do what you want with him.

The second I was trying to make it look like a rope being thrown to a ville on a cliff but got this interesting thing instead.

It is done by using bridge ends then removing them to mask the water under the fish which will then appear to be on land.

Of course it does not work so well if you can see the fish; you can use the random map jungle trees(which are on water because of a bug) to cover up the fish and put any other "candy" aspects in.

Now the villager kneeling of course can be done alot cleaner by using"invisible food" which is a dead FLDOG. The food can be collected by a villager and the corpse will be invisible from the eye. This makes it look like the villager could possibly be doing a variety of other things. I believe the FLDOG is available in Rashers template.

* Important to note when you kill the jungle trees on the water (not discovered by me) you get an interesting result. It can be used as a log jam in a river or a simple candy aspect.

I apologize for the bad quality of the shots and I slaped it together very quickly.
http://www.geocities.com/jinlerx/TCBEGONE.html?1047764602791

Another interesting trick: using the bridge ends, the long flag pole and the recent trick discovered by Luke using the barge/boat you can make it look like a unit is standing on a set of gallows on the land. "You can even make it kneel using the invisible food,then get a throwing axeman buy it to make it look like an execution.

[This message has been edited by Philip Dunscombe (edited 03-15-2003 @ 07:21 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-15-03 05:20 PM CT (US)     1 / 18  
Wow! Looks cool!

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
posted 03-15-03 05:36 PM CT (US)     2 / 18  
And the Trick Master walks again.

Luke Gevaerts » Website · YouTube · Backloggery

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that.
I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank Zappa

OD · AoKH
posted 03-15-03 05:41 PM CT (US)     3 / 18  
Nice.

© AOC_DAVE TONTO_DAVE » Sig Version 4.0
Current Projects: "Bouren" Campaign %: |19%
»»»Download the current Bouren Alpha (v1)«««
»»• - »»• - »»• - »»• :: Age of Kings Heaven
Tonto Clan (Member)
:: •«« - •«« - •«« - •««
posted 03-15-03 05:49 PM CT (US)     4 / 18  
That’s really cool.
*Imagines gladiators throwing nets over each other* Yeah... that could be cool...

Just a question, how many tricks have you discovered?

Oh, about the water trees, there is also a forest tree on water, not only jungle.

posted 03-15-03 05:56 PM CT (US)     5 / 18  

Quote:

Just a question, how many tricks have you discovered?

A question better left unasked. I don't know how many hits he scored, and I was there when he started his discovery spree.

Luke Gevaerts » Website · YouTube · Backloggery

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that.
I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank Zappa

OD · AoKH
posted 03-15-03 06:09 PM CT (US)     6 / 18  
I guess they are almost too many to count. And hopefully there is yet more to come.
posted 03-15-03 06:57 PM CT (US)     7 / 18  
When you got it ,,you got it.
I don't got it .
posted 03-16-03 04:51 AM CT (US)     8 / 18  
Fascinating, I cannot wait to see that in a scenario. Which brings us to the next issue, Philip: When can we expect a first peek at your scenario?
posted 03-16-03 09:44 AM CT (US)     9 / 18  
Yes a recuring question if I do say so, .

It wont be much longer for anyone interested heres my to do list:

1) Finish little bits of Candy on the maps.
2) Add in a particular interesting fight scene.
3) "Need more sound effects"
4) Get playtesters+ Squeese playtesters for every little drop of info.
5) Submit finished product to blacksmith.
6) Repeat steps 1,2,3.

Quote:

Oh, about the water trees, there is also a forest tree on water, not only jungle.

I had not heard this, where might I get ahold of it?

I think this may have been the first time I have seen Ingo not end his message with "Ingo".

[This message has been edited by Philip Dunscombe (edited 03-16-2003 @ 09:52 AM).]

posted 03-16-03 01:14 PM CT (US)     10 / 18  

Quote:

I had not heard this, where might I get ahold of it?

You can download my template here. It has both the trees.

[This message has been edited by Cespenar (edited 03-16-2003 @ 04:51 PM).]

posted 03-16-03 03:05 PM CT (US)     11 / 18  

Quote:

I think this may have been the first time I have seen Ingo not end his message with "Ingo".

Really? I don't usually end one- or two liners with my name... takes up twice or three times more lines than my whole message.

posted 03-16-03 03:28 PM CT (US)     12 / 18  
Erm ): True enough Allways exceptions I suppose.

Nothing wrong with ending with ones name.

"Philip"

[This message has been edited by Philip Dunscombe (edited 03-16-2003 @ 03:31 PM).]

posted 03-17-03 00:31 AM CT (US)     13 / 18  

Quote:

4) Get playtesters+ Squeese playtesters for every little drop of info.

W00tness! Could you pick me as one? I'd really like to view your scenario, and examine the triggers check for bugs!

© AOC_DAVE TONTO_DAVE » Sig Version 4.0
Current Projects: "Bouren" Campaign %: |19%
»»»Download the current Bouren Alpha (v1)«««
»»• - »»• - »»• - »»• :: Age of Kings Heaven
Tonto Clan (Member)
:: •«« - •«« - •«« - •««
posted 03-17-03 01:06 AM CT (US)     14 / 18  
Philip:

About FLDOG...is there a way to make the unit still?

Also it seems the FLDOG food supply has a timed life...did you find this in your research?

"I take it that this is the Anastasia Scud pines for?" - Epic Commander
"What Ana said. Use sugar and the whip." - aka the Pilot
"I think you will realize the emphasis was on Ana and Cake." - Monk
posted 03-17-03 08:36 AM CT (US)     15 / 18  
Yes I did find those things in my research. The way to control the FLDOG so you can kill it and start the timer is by using a combination of triggers.

Just one trigger did not seem to work, the unit is almost impossible to hit with conventional unit fire so I used a kill object.

I also used a looping task trigger with no location set for the unit to go, a freeze unit trigger and another tasking trigger with location this time and a stop unit trigger.

The unit still moved 1 square back and forth but tinkering with the area I got it to stand still until I wanted it dead.

You can find the exact rot rate of the FLDOG and make it a time sensitive mission if you like. You could also map copy more dogs for a longer time period.

If you did not like the FLDOG you could use a conventional boar or other animal with alot of food and put some gaia object to cover it up.

Use a fairly wide set area radius for the triggers.

Quote:

W00tness! Could you pick me as one? I'd really like to view your scenario, and examine the triggers check for bugs!

I do not see why you can't be a playtester when the time comes just remember to be nice to the scenarios.

[This message has been edited by Philip Dunscombe (edited 03-17-2003 @ 08:50 AM).]

posted 03-17-03 09:42 AM CT (US)     16 / 18  
Nice trick! I know I never would have thought of it. Maybe I should just wait for you to come up with a billion more tricks before I complete a scenario. Maybe that FLDOG has even more secrets... It's a pretty strange unit.

zyxomma100- Age of Kings Heaven forumer
Proudly thwarting Dark_Aro's evil plans since 2002
"There is nothing more sad than watching a teutonic knight chasing a petard."
posted 03-17-03 07:24 PM CT (US)     17 / 18  
Yes Philip!

I could not get it to stay in one place long enough. Your trigger description is exactly what I was looking for. However, I am more excited by your second suggestion, as that will also do the trick very nicely.

Thanks!

"I take it that this is the Anastasia Scud pines for?" - Epic Commander
"What Ana said. Use sugar and the whip." - aka the Pilot
"I think you will realize the emphasis was on Ana and Cake." - Monk
posted 03-17-03 10:17 PM CT (US)     18 / 18  
Damn you Philip.That's a great trick.

*you just don't know when to stop,do you?*

Tsunami's most notorious designer
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Net Capture Trick
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames