You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Fishing Spearman, Anyone?
posted 03-17-03 06:26 PM CT (US)   
Another interesting find involving the beta POREX mine.

Well, while working on my project the idea came to me to have a spearman appear to be fishing with his spear.

First place a villager, POREX Mine, and a spearman around the same area. It is important that you remember to make the villager a neutral or enemy players. Also remember to give the villager a massive amount of HP.

Task the villager to the POREX mine and then to the shoreline. Set the location so that it is one tile out into the water. This is so that the villager will be standing just on the edge of the shoreline.

Then task the spearman to the villager at looping intervals, I used intervals of about six seconds. Also remember to place some shorefish just behind the villager so that it appears that he is fishing for something.

Here's a screen-shot for you visual learners.
[JPEG, (157 KB)]

Replies:
posted 03-17-03 06:37 PM CT (US)     1 / 21  
Nice trick!

Most of the recent tricks use the POREX mine a lot, and it has created a gold mine of new tricks.

posted 03-17-03 06:42 PM CT (US)     2 / 21  
Very nice trick. Could prove useful... *saves instructions to notepad*

Angel Aro
Age of Kings Heaven Angel | Empires Heaven Angel
Events:
posted 03-17-03 06:56 PM CT (US)     3 / 21  
You can use the same trick on trees, forage bushes, statues, rocks (battering rams attacking rocks to make way!), and any other object that cannot be attacked by units.

posted 03-17-03 07:45 PM CT (US)     4 / 21  
Just when you think there's no more fish in the pond ,,,another one pops up .(pun intended) Isn't this the third one in the past 6 or 7 days ?? Good one , nice map shot too.

[This message has been edited by clayperboy (edited 03-17-2003 @ 07:51 PM).]

posted 03-17-03 07:52 PM CT (US)     5 / 21  
Nice shot DW!

"I take it that this is the Anastasia Scud pines for?" - Epic Commander
"What Ana said. Use sugar and the whip." - aka the Pilot
"I think you will realize the emphasis was on Ana and Cake." - Monk
posted 03-17-03 09:45 PM CT (US)     6 / 21  
Not bad DW.

Tsunami's most notorious designer
posted 03-17-03 09:47 PM CT (US)     7 / 21  
Excellent!

POREX is great stuff! is there a sound associated with the hitting of the villager?

[This message has been edited by Philip Dunscombe (edited 03-17-2003 @ 11:38 PM).]

posted 03-17-03 10:06 PM CT (US)     8 / 21  
Actually in working, this trick would like the spearman is sticking his spear out over the pond.I'm not too sure how that would look like he's fishing.

Tsunami's most notorious designer
posted 03-18-03 05:34 AM CT (US)     9 / 21  
During my play testing of Ingo's new campaign Chou Kung I was tasking villagers to fish with spears in a swamp and yes, there is sound associated with the villagers hitting (Welcome to AE/RoR).

J/K Dark_Warrior_1_ Nice screen shot, great trick, it is just amazing how many new things came up in the last couple of days. Your trick, Luke's and of course Philip with three new findings.

Edit: four

[This message has been edited by Tanneur99 (edited 03-18-2003 @ 05:48 AM).]

posted 03-18-03 07:30 AM CT (US)     10 / 21  
Great trick DW.

Quoted from Darkmaster:

has created a gold mine of new tricks

LOL, but I don't think anyone else got that.

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
- Tom Clancy
Staff Member, Dragon Gaming Design Network
posted 03-18-03 02:03 PM CT (US)     11 / 21  
Good one, DW.

Luke Gevaerts » Website · YouTube · Backloggery

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that.
I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank Zappa

OD · AoKH
posted 03-18-03 07:31 PM CT (US)     12 / 21  
Nice

¯\/\\evo'_____________________________________
¯¯//¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
"i get more IM's from AOL System Message than from everyone else"-Anonymous
posted 04-16-03 01:14 PM CT (US)     13 / 21  
Grrr, where can I get these porex mines?
posted 04-16-03 01:58 PM CT (US)     14 / 21  
download the template... and use map copy to copy it to your map

.: _Yhagoro_ :.
| Woad Creations | Forums |

Don't talk to me, talk if you have a point, if you don't, use notepad. - Shiva.
Yes sire, I'm going to have some hard, filthy, dirty, perverted, hot, romantic...monopoly-playing tonight. - AntiChrist.
"You know, that's the problem, I don't know her. I'll just look at her from a distance, and if she's ugly, I'll just say I forgot our date." - Global Chimp.

posted 04-16-03 08:22 PM CT (US)     15 / 21  
Funny thing, I've done the porex= invisible villie trick before and the villie stayed invisible, but I tried it again, and the villager would immediately re-appear, and act like it had something to do but just sat there. (did not pick up an axe or pick fyi...) Should I check the AI? There are no triggers associated with it, well at least I know that I can't task the villager to any unit, just a place on the terrain. But the villager still seems to want to re appear. I created other villagers of in another corner so that they wouldn't try to use that villager as a scout, among other ideas, but to no avail. Any sugggestions?

BTW, add this one to the list: What I'm trying to do is make the villager be one of the targets in an archery range; if you find the right target it looks like the archer is shooting an exact bullseye!

-crasher

posted 04-16-03 08:43 PM CT (US)     16 / 21  
@crasher

I had a same problem when doing this trick...

Oddly enough, for me the villager would re-appear for every player except when I had it set to player two. When it re-appeared it was only after reaching the designated point at which I had task it. Perhaps try switching the villager to a different player?

Maybe someone else has more information about this?

[This message has been edited by Dark_Warrior_1_ (edited 04-16-2003 @ 08:43 PM).]

posted 04-16-03 11:41 PM CT (US)     17 / 21  
Nice trick, DW.

I've also had that problem, crasher, maybe trying out what DW said will help, haven't tried it out, though.

© AOC_DAVE TONTO_DAVE » Sig Version 4.0
Current Projects: "Bouren" Campaign %: |19%
»»»Download the current Bouren Alpha (v1)«««
»» - »» - »» - »» :: Age of Kings Heaven
Tonto Clan (Member)
:: «« - «« - «« - ««
posted 04-24-03 09:10 PM CT (US)     18 / 21  
I got a question? is this for TC or AoK

"If "A" equals success then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut"

-Albert Einstein

-Dan_Ro221@hotmail.com-

posted 04-25-03 05:34 AM CT (US)     19 / 21  
TC.
posted 04-25-03 06:17 AM CT (US)     20 / 21  
DW and crasher:

The villager seeks to place the porex into a TC if one is present for that player position. Maybe this had something to do with why it worked or not in your described experience?

"I take it that this is the Anastasia Scud pines for?" - Epic Commander
"What Ana said. Use sugar and the whip." - aka the Pilot
"I think you will realize the emphasis was on Ana and Cake." - Monk
posted 04-25-03 02:20 PM CT (US)     21 / 21  
hmm..nice find.
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Fishing Spearman, Anyone?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames