Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Great Wall of China
posted 04-11-03 01:11 AM CT (US)   
I have already started this project. So far, I have completed most of the walls, towers, bombard towers, and castles as they are the conponents of the wall. I need some more ideas to make it more intresting. Any ideas?

Former AOKH and TOAO Deathmatch Ladder Champion

Replies:
posted 04-11-03 03:37 PM CT (US)     1 / 11  
Maybe tell us more about thy project?

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
posted 04-11-03 03:45 PM CT (US)     2 / 11  
thy? 11!

But anyway, give us a little description if we are to give you advice...

posted 04-11-03 06:42 PM CT (US)     3 / 11  
Art thou poking fun? Tut, tut!
lol

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
posted 04-11-03 08:15 PM CT (US)     4 / 11  
Well, the defending civ doesn't have to be china. The objective is to kill your opponents. I have an idea of making the game not too long as the defense is hard to break. Like desrtoying a wonder weakens the defending civ. The map is giant. There are 6 civs. The siege weapons are already at the front. It is sort of like helms deep.

posted 04-11-03 08:17 PM CT (US)     5 / 11  
Ive been there before.

Remember, mountains, flowers, walls (duh) and passes. Try to add the Yumen Pass to your project, it is a hevily fortified gate in the middle of no where the 'end of the world' as some locals call it. Make it go up and down mountains and add towers to some places.

¯\/\\evo'_____________________________________
¯¯//¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
"i get more IM's from AOL System Message than from everyone else"-Anonymous
posted 04-12-03 03:00 PM CT (US)     6 / 11  
-----[]-----[]-----[]-----[]-----[]-----

That's what the layout of the walls should look like, but don't make them straight. Instead, they should be zigzagged to fit onto many hills, sometimes rise, sometimes fall, like a snake. walls (with wallwalks) with square forts built into them. Use gates for the lateral walls of the fort, and solid walls and towers for the front and back of these towers.

When one of these forts have spotted enemy, all the forts will be on the alert, but if you can kill everyone within the fort without letting anyone else run off to be the messenger, then you can take the wall pretty easily.

Those could be some features in your scenario.

hello all

[This message has been edited by magna gb (edited 04-12-2003 @ 03:01 PM).]

posted 04-12-03 03:21 PM CT (US)     7 / 11  
One good way to see what the wall would look like is to play Emperor:ROTMK it has some games were you have to build the Great Wall.

But basically what magna gb said...

"Blasted Paradoxes!, They get absoloutely everywhere!" - Danthered
Current Project:None
Proud Member of DGDN
Faded Glory LARP
Completed Projects: Dark Happenings
posted 04-12-03 05:08 PM CT (US)     8 / 11  
add a small river that comes from out of the wall in to the wall so china could a rivers ponds and water, but there would have to be a opening so that opening could be like the sneeky place in.
posted 04-12-03 05:51 PM CT (US)     9 / 11  
WHat time period of China is your scenario present in? The Great Wall of China could have been used for many events; from the beginning to nearly the end. Many units in ancine tChina could be used for a game designed for the Middle Gaes as the Chinese were a more advanced civilization.

"Einstein is a fool." - Schrodinger
"The way to chastity is not to struggle with incontinent thoughts but to avert the thoughts by some employment, or by reading, or by meditating on other things, or by conversation. " - Sir Isaac Newton
CC | AoPS | M-W | PF | SSP | OCW | IBS | KCLS | CB
"We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this something, at whatever cost, must be attained" - Marie Curie
"I was taught that the way of progress is neither swift nor easy" - Marie Curie
posted 04-12-03 06:57 PM CT (US)     10 / 11  
The Great wall was first made out of compacted mud, and in later years was rebuilt (it had become corroded) and faced with stone.

"Blasted Paradoxes!, They get absoloutely everywhere!" - Danthered
Current Project:None
Proud Member of DGDN
Faded Glory LARP
Completed Projects: Dark Happenings
posted 04-13-03 01:47 PM CT (US)     11 / 11  
Thanks for the ideas. Anymore?

Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Great Wall of China
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames