You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Why is Bleda the Hun in the units list instead of the heroes list?
posted 04-15-03 08:49 AM CT (US)   
Why is Bleda the Hun in the units list instead of the heroes list?

anyone?

Replies:
posted 04-15-03 08:55 AM CT (US)     1 / 11  
No one really knows. Of course, there's also the question why he appears to shoot arrows with 0 range.

zyxomma100- Age of Kings Heaven forumer
Proudly thwarting Dark_Aro's evil plans since 2002
"There is nothing more sad than watching a teutonic knight chasing a petard."
posted 04-15-03 09:00 AM CT (US)     2 / 11  
Also, I don't believe Bleda self-heals.

I think he has 0 range because in the first Attila scenario, he has to kill the boar, and he has 0 range so the boar can kill him without Bleda running around shooting from a distance.

No. Bad Jarl. Bad Bad Jarl. NO Penis ASCII.
-Andy.

[This message has been edited by KeLar (edited 04-15-2003 @ 09:01 AM).]

posted 04-15-03 11:13 AM CT (US)     3 / 11  
Also Bleda won't regenerate so the damage Bleda takes from the boar won't heal, so it is easier to kill him and the archers after the boar is dead, if you kill Bleda and the Archers you will get all the tarkans instead of only half.

Haven't been here in years
posted 04-15-03 12:19 PM CT (US)     4 / 11  
I've never gotten the boar to kill bleda, as he tells attila to go ahead, and when he does so, the boar attacks attila instead of Bleda...
posted 04-15-03 12:22 PM CT (US)     5 / 11  
I think they only made Bleda as a show-up-and-die character, and never bothered giving him Hero attributes. There are many ways to kill Bleda, which is what makes that scenario so fun to play.

Quote:

I've never gotten the boar to kill bleda, as he tells attila to go ahead, and when he does so, the boar attacks attila instead of Bleda...

Just go close enough to the boar that Bleda starts attacking it, and leave. The boar should start attacking Bleda (since he is the only unit left attacking the boar).

Angel Aro
Age of Kings Heaven Angel | Empires Heaven Angel
Events:

[This message has been edited by Cherub Aro (edited 04-15-2003 @ 12:23 PM).]

posted 04-15-03 05:10 PM CT (US)     6 / 11  
I always do it so Bleda doesn't get killed by the Boar, then you can kill Bleda and the Archers, this will let you have all the Tarkans since they will believe that Bleda set up the Asassination attempt and that you are truly honest.

Haven't been here in years
posted 04-15-03 05:19 PM CT (US)     7 / 11  
I do that as well. Good tactic, IMO.

Angel Aro
Age of Kings Heaven Angel | Empires Heaven Angel
Events:
posted 04-15-03 06:32 PM CT (US)     8 / 11  
if you go back to the camp right when you get control you get half the takan then go to the boar and have it kill bleda and you run away then the archers come back and say you killed him but then the takan that are on your side say no and you get all the takan and the achers.
posted 04-15-03 06:50 PM CT (US)     9 / 11  
DS, thats a joke right? The archers claim that you killed bleda, and your half of the tarkans disagree, so its a battle between the two sides. You end up with less than half of the tarkans.
posted 04-15-03 07:52 PM CT (US)     10 / 11  
nope done it two times. try it do what I side.
posted 04-18-03 09:30 PM CT (US)     11 / 11  
I just tried what you said, and you are right. Never thought to try that before. You go find the Boar, and Bleda attacks it. Instead of waiting around, you go back to camp, and half the tarkans join you. Then Bleda dies and the archers come in. They talk and decide that Bleda was not fit to rule, so they make Attila leader and you get everyone without losing anything. Justinator
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Why is Bleda the Hun in the units list instead of the heroes list?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames