Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Anti-Cheat
posted 04-20-03 09:09 AM CT (US)   
Im making a cpn, and I would like to use the famous t' least 4 me Anti cheat there r only 2 problems,

1. I sux in making Ai Scripts,
2. I suck in connecting triggers and Ai,

[b]HELP!![/b

do unto others as you would like them to do unto you
School is
Replies:
posted 04-20-03 11:16 AM CT (US)     1 / 20  
i know almost nothing but...I think that if you know how to make an AI respond to taunts than you could when the player typed in "lumberjack" have the AI link to A trigger and then kill the player im not sure though

PS: If my sig is messed up its because I have been having some problems with it

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
posted 04-20-03 11:19 AM CT (US)     2 / 20  
I never heard of that one ,i thought most designers used the chat system to discourage cheaters. ie: when "marco" is typed in the chat ,a trigger automatically gives your enemy victory.

[This message has been edited by clayperboy (edited 04-20-2003 @ 12:42 PM).]

posted 04-20-03 11:36 AM CT (US)     3 / 20  
What would that trigger look like?
PS: My sig; it's new again!

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper

[This message has been edited by The Adder (edited 04-20-2003 @ 11:37 AM).]

posted 04-20-03 12:41 PM CT (US)     4 / 20  
Sorry ,DaConquors ,Adder , Dead wrong on that one. I never tried it before , but i thought that when "marco" would be entered in "send chat"(player1) that another trigger could be activated to send declare victory. AI's only i guess . I went back to the post where i thought it was being discussed ,and it(triggers) was only applicable to "torpedo" cheat.
posted 04-20-03 02:32 PM CT (US)     5 / 20  
I didn't think so...
I'm wondering how it was done in LOAM...he didn't use an AI to the best of my knowlege...

Adder |
posted 04-20-03 02:41 PM CT (US)     6 / 20  
The AI can only detect numbers that are entered into the chat box, not text or cheats. Sybex has an introduction and sample download for taunt detection. It's the fourth scenario file and the two AI scripts at the top of the page.
posted 04-20-03 03:59 PM CT (US)     7 / 20  
As for cheats and AI...

The AI cannot detect whether a specific cheat has been entered. It just detects whether a cheat has been entered.

(defrule  
(cheats-enabled)
=>
(chat-to-player 1 "So, you know how to cheat, eh?")
)

posted 04-20-03 04:20 PM CT (US)     8 / 20  
I don't know anything about AI script's, I only create ATTACK AI.
You are super man if you creating AI scripts.
posted 04-20-03 06:32 PM CT (US)     9 / 20  
Thanks for the link SS , great for future use.
@ Adder
I used "marco" "polo" on LOAM and it allowed it . If i remember correctly it was the resources that were blocked. Couldn't they be blocked by disabling a tech ?

[This message has been edited by clayperboy (edited 04-20-2003 @ 06:45 PM).]

posted 04-20-03 06:51 PM CT (US)     10 / 20  

Quote:

Couldn't they be blocked by disabling a tech ?

No, it is done by using a combination of the "Accumulate Attribute" condition and the "Tribute" effect.

When a player accumulates, let's say 1000 food, you use the "Tribute" effect to automatically tribute 1000 food to a dummy player or to GAIA.

I'd tribute the resources to a dummy player, then later in the game, the cheating player would suffer. You can use another "Accumulate Attribute" condition for the dummy player, and you can base difficulty levels depending on the amount of resources that were tributed to the dummy player.

posted 04-20-03 07:11 PM CT (US)     11 / 20  
@ DM
Ok ,see if i got this ,so since the cheats give 1000 ,it can act as a snare when the trigger gives the dummy player the 1000 ,but won't be affected if the player accumaltes his resource in 50 or 100 intervals as long as he doesn't reach 1000.?
posted 04-20-03 07:19 PM CT (US)     12 / 20  
Yes, as long as the person doesn't reach 1000.

In most RPG-type scenarios, it is quite a good technique.

[This message has been edited by DM (edited 04-20-2003 @ 07:20 PM).]

posted 04-20-03 07:40 PM CT (US)     13 / 20  
Yea ,i can see why ,it's quite versatile.
Thanx
posted 04-21-03 04:59 AM CT (US)     14 / 20  
what i usually do is when the player sees an object that i have placed in the middle of knowhere in my map, then it says something like "cheater! hahahahahaha!" then it boots you, because you obviously have to do marco polo to see the object. Also when the player reaches 1000 resourses, it boots them, because you have to cheat. But then, you might have to have 1000 resourse, but when recieving the resourse it could pass the 1000 mark, say you get 1200 whatever.

» Ranger Scenario Designer: AoC
posted 04-22-03 08:55 PM CT (US)     15 / 20  
I would recommend playing ROTDM by SCn PUNK 9or Ex-t or Dekont)

If you enter a cheat code, lets say torpedo, there are major backfires to doing such a thing.

Also, entering marco alone was valid or polo alone was ok, but Marco and Polo together would cause the scenario to stop working, a great trick to check out.

posted 04-22-03 10:49 PM CT (US)     16 / 20  
What you could do is this
Trigg 1:
C: Acumulate 1000 food
E: Tribute 1000 food away, send chat "Xyz"

Trigg 2:
C: Acumulate 900 food
E: Disable trigger1

Then do the same for 2000 and so on.

OR just make a wallet or some max ammount you can hold-

Trigger 1(detects a cheat)
acumulate 1000 gold
Effect tribute 1000 gold

Trigger 2(wallet)
C: Acuamulate 201 gold
e: Tribute 201 to dummy player
E: Tributre -200 to dummy player

Trigger 1 must be before trigger 2 so as it detects the cheat rather then just detucing from the wallets max.

Death wish
Member of Dragon Gaming Design Network
http://dgdn.net

Creator of "Life of a Mercenary"

posted 04-23-03 05:00 AM CT (US)     17 / 20  
I make an intriuging looking scenery in the corner of the map that can only be seen by cheaters.

When a certain object is visible, they lose! he he he!

posted 04-23-03 10:56 AM CT (US)     18 / 20  
Causing a loss by using marco polo can easily be avoided by a good cheater by simply pressing pause while he is looking at the revealed map. Typing it again before he unpauses will cause the map to be hidden again.

Personally I don't care much about cheaters, it's their own playing time that they are ruining. They don't have to expect a lot of sympathy from me though, should the scn have any bugs caused by the cheats.

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.

[This message has been edited by Derfel Cadarn (edited 04-23-2003 @ 10:56 AM).]

posted 04-23-03 12:12 PM CT (US)     19 / 20  
Or, whenever they trigger any one of these cheater traps, you do an effect that tasks a gaia object. This way, their computer crashes if they cheat.
posted 04-24-03 05:06 PM CT (US)     20 / 20  
The only trigger i've implemented in a few maps (i dont post em here) i've made is an anti-saboteur trigger.

Condition:Player owns 1 saboteur.
Effect: Kill current player.

I'm not quite sure how to dispose of the cobra cars since i only have AOK.

As for the the "marco" cheat. For scenarios, make it so that if a player can see multiple objects at once (make a few of them isolated and out of reach of any of the players) then they die.

I'm not quite so sure about AI scripts but dont they use co-ordinates or cells (I used to make Command & Conquer:Red Alert maps using only data files with cell coordinates). Cuz then you could target random coordinates that if they are all viewed at the same time then it would let the AI know that the "marco" cheat was being used.

Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Anti-Cheat
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames