You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The editor question and answer thread.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 05-30-03 11:50 PM CT (US)   
This thread serves a simple purpose. You need help on a certain problem, you ask. I will give you an answer which will most likley help you. Others may also answer your questions, but I will give you a better answer if I can come up with one. If I don't reply to you and someone else has, assume that their answer is good.

There is no garuntee on how fast I will answer, here. Summertime's coming around, and more likley than not I'll be riding my bike around and chucking eggs at stuff, and fiming jackass-type movies and the like with my friends (you know, all the stupid **** we do in the summer), but I'll try to come back every now and then. I WILL be away at camp from July 7 to August 1, and the thread will probably die out in that amount of time.

Anyway, ask about tricks, map degisn, crashing problems, or for any sugestions on making your scenarios better in general.

You want fries with that?

[This message has been edited by LoserWithCoolName (edited 06-01-2003 @ 06:50 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05-31-03 01:03 AM CT (US)     1 / 61  
Nice thread idea!

well, anywho....

This has been bothering me for some time. I need to make a guy go to a random place, and i want the tracker to go where he's going.... i don't know how to do a single bit of that. help?

*Feels like a newbie*

***Daveguy_700***
The Sword of Archon | Post your best jokes here! | Daveguy_700@hotmail.com | Proud member of the PW clan!
"If you choose a job you like, you do not have to work a day in your life" -umm...some...guy....
"Not all who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien

STUFF
posted 05-31-03 01:35 AM CT (US)     2 / 61  
I think you can use object in area with hawks as the object and different areas triggering different places for the guy to walk (since hawks are random)
posted 05-31-03 01:29 PM CT (US)     3 / 61  

Quote:

i don't know how to do a single bit of that. help?

Are you serious? "Sword of archon"(4.2)

Enraged Orange's idea will get your unit walking all over the map. A timed trigger could deactivate the "Task object" trigger/s, and your unit will stop (wherever), then another trigger fires, tasking the tracker to "location"(unit). In a short time the tracker will find the unit.

posted 05-31-03 02:00 PM CT (US)     4 / 61  
Well yeah, when one is activated it would deactivate the others
posted 05-31-03 04:00 PM CT (US)     5 / 61  
This is probably the only trigger thing i DON'T know how to do. I never got the random value trigger.

***Daveguy_700***
The Sword of Archon | Post your best jokes here! | Daveguy_700@hotmail.com | Proud member of the PW clan!
"If you choose a job you like, you do not have to work a day in your life" -umm...some...guy....
"Not all who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien

STUFF
posted 05-31-03 04:21 PM CT (US)     6 / 61  
Is there anyway to make a unit's stats default again after adding HP and Attack points?
posted 05-31-03 04:25 PM CT (US)     7 / 61  
Add negative HP and Attack points. Or, if it's not renamed, just remove it and make a new one.
posted 05-31-03 04:31 PM CT (US)     8 / 61  
Though that brings a problem to my campaign. I have these three Outposts, one of them is Attack Mode, one of them is Defence mode and the last one is default. When you click on one, it will change your stats. Like for Attack Mode, HP is lower but Attack is higher, Defence, HP is higher but attack is lower. Default is normal. The problem is that if I want default, if I lower HP and higher attack, what if I was attack mode last so my HP will be super low and attack super high. See what I mean?
posted 05-31-03 04:38 PM CT (US)     9 / 61  
You'll need to do a few extra triggers to detect this. Try creating a unit or flag in a corner of the map, and checking for this unit when you're going back to default. It could be created if you selected attack mode, and removed if you selected defence. So the detection triggers would consist of three triggers:

Trigger 0 [default stance outpost]: Starting Off/On (it depends), Loop off

Condition - Object selected (Default stance outpost)
Effect - Activate Trigger 1
Effect - Activate Trigger 2

Trigger 1 [if attack was on previously]: Starting Off, Loop Off

Condition - Objects in Area - Flag1, whatever
Effect - Deactivate Trigger 2
Effect - Decrease attack
Effect - Increase HP

Trigger 2: Starting Off, Loop Off

Condition - Timer, 1 second
Effect - Deactivate Trigger 1
Effect - Increase attack
Effect - Decrease HP

~

Simple enough, really. I hope that helps.

posted 05-31-03 04:45 PM CT (US)     10 / 61  
Yes that helped me alot, thanks Mechstra!
posted 05-31-03 09:23 PM CT (US)     11 / 61  
Okay, the Modpack Studio refuses to accept I have either game installed (AoK, TC)-I have them legally. Is there any other way I can Install modpacks?

DR LORENZO
AoEH | Woad Creations Alumni
I of course meant bastard in a positive way! - Kor
I just sort of chop away at it when it gets long enough. The ladies love it. - Obese, on shaving
Lorenzo is kind of like that relative everyone knows about but won't talk about. - Crimson Knight
We already knew about the mass murders and gang rapes and ethnic cleansings, but now they've resorted to ENCRYPTING PEOPLES ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS! - drahnier
posted 06-01-03 03:25 AM CT (US)     12 / 61  
How do you make a good campaign?
posted 06-01-03 04:28 AM CT (US)     13 / 61  
Check out http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,9416,1,all , http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,26422,1,all and try not to do the things listed in this: http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,28203,30,10 . Infact, in that last link, you posted in that thread.

© AOC_DAVE TONTO_DAVE » Sig Version 4.0
Current Projects: "Bouren" Campaign %: |19%
»»»Download the current Bouren Alpha (v1)«««
»» - »» - »» - »» :: Age of Kings Heaven
Tonto Clan (Member)
:: «« - «« - «« - ««
posted 06-01-03 08:58 AM CT (US)     14 / 61  

Quote:

Okay, the Modpack Studio refuses to accept I have either game installed (AoK, TC)-I have them legally. Is there any other way I can Install modpacks?

You should post this question in the "modpack discussion" forum.

posted 06-01-03 09:26 AM CT (US)     15 / 61  
I fear there is no answer for this...

It is possible to cut a tree without a villager?
Note than for cut I mean have it available as a resource, so still with all the wood. As it happens when you cut it with a villager.

.: Fede_histpop 0 A.D. historian, game designer and scenario designer :.
.: working on TLA Map Editor :.

Co-founder and leader of Historiae Populorum

-DGDN member and Admin-

[This message has been edited by fede_histpop (edited 06-01-2003 @ 09:27 AM).]

posted 06-01-03 09:33 AM CT (US)     16 / 61  
Hmmmm I'll try this one, use seige onagers, and then put destroy object, I'm not sure if destroy object works with trees, and then for each wood tribute 100 wood.

Trigger 0: Starting On, Loop Off

Condition: Destroy Object - The Tree
Effect: Tribute - Source Player Gaia, Target Player 1, Tribute 100 wood.

And do that for every tree, I find it useless though doing this for every tree.

posted 06-01-03 09:52 AM CT (US)     17 / 61  
Sorry, maybe I didn't explained it well. The point is another. I want the image of the cut tree to stay visible. But not just the bottom of the tree, the whole tree cut, as you see it when a villager cut it, and while he gathers the wood.

-DGDN member and Admin-

posted 06-01-03 11:09 AM CT (US)     18 / 61  
I have managed to do that several times, but as it is sometime ago, I'm going on recollection here.
Either damage object for the amount of hps that a tree has, or or destroy object. I think it was the first one, though. Select both the area and the object; messing with gaia objects can sometimes cause crashes (though, as far as I know, this doesn't).

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.
posted 06-01-03 11:12 AM CT (US)     19 / 61  
Simply use the "Kill Object" effect, with GAIA selected.

Select the tree(s) or the area, but make sure there aren't other GAIA units in the area (if the trees in that area are diverse).

posted 06-01-03 11:34 AM CT (US)     20 / 61  
Thanks a lot! I see if it works!!

-DGDN member and Admin-

posted 06-01-03 11:44 AM CT (US)     21 / 61  
Could someone tell me how to make text appear on the next line with a Display Instructions effect? I'm too lazy to find the answer myself.

Maximes9 - AOK Scenario Designer
- Nenán coma tiliasséon, tith an anith,
- thalliesso hlasstiessan.
posted 06-01-03 12:00 PM CT (US)     22 / 61  
You have to use the Spacebar to move the text to the next line.

posted 06-01-03 01:35 PM CT (US)     23 / 61  
How do you stop a song after it was triggered?
posted 06-01-03 01:51 PM CT (US)     24 / 61  
@Maxime's question:

Instead you could just press RETURN and when you finish doing the text hold RETURN until you hear a popping sound.
The only problem you'll get is if you have chat going off as well, then you'll see nearly a line of squares.

Haven't been here in years
posted 06-01-03 02:12 PM CT (US)     25 / 61  
To stop a song after it's started, you can't use the Play Sound trigger. Use the Display Instructions trigger, and select the sound from the dropdown list to the left. When you want the sound to stop, use the Clear Instructions trigger. The problem is that as long as the sound is playing no other instructions can be displayed.

zyxomma100- Age of Kings Heaven forumer
Proudly thwarting Dark_Aro's evil plans since 2002
"There is nothing more sad than watching a teutonic knight chasing a petard."
posted 06-01-03 02:37 PM CT (US)     26 / 61  
Clear Instructions can stop sounds? Cool thanks a bunch zyxomma100
posted 06-01-03 02:48 PM CT (US)     27 / 61  
Only if you play the counds with the Display Instructions trigger.

Trigger0: Looping Off: Display as Instructions Off... etc...
Effect0: Display Instructions: 0: (no message, unless you want one)
There should be a dropdown box to the left of the text box. Choose the sound from the list.

Later...

Trigger1: (etc)
Effect0: Clear Instructions: 0

The sound will stop, but as long as the sound is playing no other Display Instructions can be used.

zyxomma100- Age of Kings Heaven forumer
Proudly thwarting Dark_Aro's evil plans since 2002
"There is nothing more sad than watching a teutonic knight chasing a petard."
posted 06-01-03 02:57 PM CT (US)     28 / 61  
That sucks because during the intro I was gonna play the song during the whole thing.
posted 06-01-03 05:06 PM CT (US)     29 / 61  
how do i copy and paste a unit or building from one map to another? Like in the eyecandy map, i want the sea tower in my RPG? how do i do this!

º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°` º¤ø,¸º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤
Sig V1.0l.......................Tribal_TrUeGoD1.........................l
"Are you a True Tribal?"lTribal Clan WebsitelHonda CR125
posted 06-01-03 05:32 PM CT (US)     30 / 61  
Map Copy Help:

There are ten buttons at the top of the editor ( two rows of five).

Select the Terrain button (first row and second over).

Next: At the bottom left of the Editor screen are five Brush Type buttons.

Select Map Copy button (fourth one down).

To the right in Map Copy select the very top button (long slim button).

Once in Copy Mode, drag the cursor and area selector over the object and press the button again.

Press to 'Copy Selected Map Area' in Copy Mode.

Go to Menu and select Edit or Create Scenario and exit to copy into desired scenario.

Once desired scenario is located and/or created use the map copy feature in Paint Mode to transfer the elements.

Note save desired located scenario in another name in case anything goes wrong (menu/save as).

posted 06-01-03 09:22 PM CT (US)     31 / 61  
rage furious, that sounds like an idea that I will look foreward too playing. Good idea!
posted 06-01-03 09:26 PM CT (US)     32 / 61  
Which one the defence mode, default mode and attack mode? Ya it's kinda complicating, sometimes the units HP won't evan lower.
posted 06-01-03 09:42 PM CT (US)     33 / 61  
thx anastasia!

Sig V1.0l.......................Tribal_TrUeGoD1.........................l
"Are you a True Tribal?"lTribal Clan WebsitelHonda CR125
posted 06-01-03 11:36 PM CT (US)     34 / 61  
The whole setup sounds interesting. Yes, it will be quite a trigger system to work out, but it's dooable. I'd say, depending on how many upgrades you have, between fifty and a hundred triggers to do it right. Is this a good guess?
posted 06-01-03 11:40 PM CT (US)     35 / 61  
I have a question adding on to my last question.

You said no display instructions would work if I used a display instruction effect.

What if I used a Chat effect? It also has those things where you could add voice acting and songs.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » The editor question and answer thread.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames